Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Would losing next 2 games force Otis to make deadline deal?(link)

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Passing some scoop along: Heard through the grapevine that Otis has been offered trades involving Salmons for Redick and DJ Augustine for Bass.

Eh, Soul. I know you're a great poster, but that is some stuff we heard before. I think it's just somebody recycling old news and running with it.

Even so, why would we make either of those deals?

I hadn't heard it. If it's old, so be it. Lol. It was new for me. Anyway, no, I wouldn't do either deal. I personally am hoping we upgrade the guard position. Neither of these deals really does that, imo.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Ooh, I wanna play the insider game!

Magical just e-mailed me and said that, apart from testing the water on Vince, Otis isn't actively shopping anyone, but is actively listening to offers. He guessed that it means there aren't any true chemistry issues in the locker room (as have been rumored) or else he'd try and stop that by moving the source of dissension.

Also, he said he gets his info in a different way than most - he is buddies with some higher ups in the RDV, and rather than pumping them for info, he just goes out and parties with them, and often this includes the players. That is why he can be so accurate with signings - the free agent will come and get a feel for the town, go out to restaurants, clubs, etc. Otherwise, he just listens to what his buddies are saying. DoM, that is why his info is often vague and seems common sense.

That being said, he mentioned that T-Mac has been around town a lot. He does have a house around here, but he's supposed to be in Michigan or something, working out with a personal trainer (according to the media). He said a deal for Mcgrady would be a signal that they are confident that they can lure a top player this summer. Make of that what you will.

?

quote:

Passing some scoop along: Heard through the grapevine that Otis has been offered trades involving Salmons for Redick and DJ Augustine for Bass.

Neither of those would help us much, now if there is a trade out there that will make Jameer push the ball and attack every game, that is the one we need to make happen.

quote:
Originally posted by i HATE Rich DeVos:

quote:

I like salmons for some reason

You'll have to explain that reason to me.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
Originally posted by i HATE Rich DeVos:

quote:

I like salmons for some reason

You'll have to explain that reason to me.

i think its the awesome beard