Sign in to follow this  
Magicprfan

Arroyo improving

In the last several games Dwight has really improved with his kick-outs. Against Dallas and Milwaukee he consistently found the open man at the opposite end of the floor. This is a big improvement over passing it to the guy that made the entry pass - his court vision is improving tremendously.

Might as well call Dwight the point guard since he tends to make all the decisions about where the ball goes now. IMO, this is a good thing!

Listen to what Brian Hill said to a local PR paper. "We dont want carlos to be a shooter for the Magic as he is for the PR national team. We want Carlos to distribute the ball and get everybody involved" This seems to explain his different attitude for the last part of the season and I agree with Brian. Yet Carlos will find his open shots when he does his job well.

quote:
Originally posted by CG:

quote:
Why does this ALWAYS come back to Jameer v Carlos. Leave it out, for once.

Not trying to make this an A vs J issue again. Just trying to be fair to the player who was attacked, probably by a JN lover!, but sorry if you got that wrong impression.

Surprised anyone has to ask. Carlos is more popular than his skills merit. However, Jameer has made the situation worse by lacking any type of PG skills whatsoever and looking like an undersized SG who is lazy and does not care for anything other than his PPG. I think Jameer starts over Arroyo only in orlando. You see our game plan sucks, if we we varied our feeding the post with some pick and roll plays and ran more often Jameer would be at a significant dissadvantage. At this point I would say that Arroyo would start over Jameer under just about any franchise with a legitimate SG. We have a middle of the pack PG in Carlos and a really good bench spark in Jameer under just about any competent franchise but in Orlando we have a guy who thinks his job is to score in double figures in 15 mins and a guy who is called the PG of the future of the Magic. Otis needs to pull his head out of his behind and realize that right now our best chance to win is Carlos/JJ/Turk/Howard/Darko with Jameer/Bogans/Ariza/Hill/Batie comming of the bench; we need to trade Dooling and consider playing a little more Travis. OK now it is time to run for cover because there are still some blind Jameer fans out there.

quote:
Originally posted by Tobie Horn:

A point guard that averages less than 2 assists a game. Yeah he is playing great.

if Steve Nash was playing for Brian Hill he will average 4-7 asist per game.

quote:
Originally posted by chevylover:

quote:
Originally posted by Tobie Horn:

A point guard that averages less than 2 assists a game. Yeah he is playing great.

if Steve Nash was playing for Brian Hill he will average 4-7 asist per game.

and is playing 40 minutes a game!!!!!!

I'm not a blind Jameer fan by the way but I disagree with the jab at the organization for starting Jameer. Carlos is doing a lot better so I am not going to bash him either. Jameer is younger and needs more time to develop. I think he will be a much better player in two years than he is right now. Carlos is now as good as he ever shall be in my opinion. Neither PG is an all star but I simply think Jameer is the better player now and in the future. I don't think Carlos would start for any quality team in the league. Jameer would start for about half of them based on age, 3 point shooting, and his ability to get to the basket. Carlos is a nice back up point gaurd and we are lucky to have him. I do think Jameer deserves to start over him though. Just because my opinion differs from you does not make me wrong by the way. I imagine there are plenty of people that feel the same way I do.

My starters: Nelson, Ariza, Turkolu, Milicic, Howard

My bench: Arroyo, Dooling, Bogans, Hill, Battie, JJ, Outlaw

I'd play Diener when one of the PGs is hurt.

PS I would never ever ever ever play Garritty

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

Listen to what Brian Hill said to a local PR paper. "We dont want carlos to be a shooter for the Magic as he is for the PR national team. We want Carlos to distribute the ball and get everybody involved" This seems to explain his different attitude for the last part of the season and I agree with Brian. Yet Carlos will find his open shots when he does his job well.

Here's my problem with both Arroyo & Nelson. 75% of the shots they take early in the shot clock could easily be found later in the shot clock. They are the type of shots you take after the offense has broken down.

My other problem is that they spend so much time dribbling unproductively that they run down the down shot clock and create the situations where they should be forcing shots.

As shown vs. Milwakee. The Magic are at their best when Carlos and Jameer aren't taking a high percentage of the shots and aren't handling the ball a high percentage of the time in the half court.