Sign in to follow this  
Magic Fan 4 Life

How far do you think Orlando would have gone last year if Jameer didnt get injured?

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by ElMayi:

Maybe won us one more game. Still would have lost series.

Our lineup couldn't stop LA's points in the paint, same as last night.

right.

one of the major reasons we lost last night was giving up all those offensive rebounds in the 4th.

Yes those offensive rebounds and tip ins were just killers. I don't think we blocked anyone out in the 4th.

This only my opinion, but, We would have not gotten out of the first round. The first half of last year was the first time Jameer was the best playing PG on the Magic team. I attribute this to the fact that nobody in the NBA believed the Magic were for real. They were flying under the radar. Jameer was shooting wide open shots. Nobody was defending him, and he wasn't defending anyone either. Fortunately, the shots were following, unlike the bricks he put up in the previous post season games we suffered through with Jameer as point. It is no coincidence that the Magic have lost 7 of 9 games since Jameer returned from his injury this year. The two game we won were won in the 4th quarter by J-will while Jameer watched from the bench. I am certain that we would have beat LA had Jameer not returned for the NBA Finals last year. We will never know, and we will never get back there with Jameer in the rotation. In previous years the consensus was that the Magic were a point guard away from an NBA title. That has never been more true than it is today. Almost every guard in the league can shoot over Jameer, so he is no help on the defensive end. Even if the other teams stop defending him again. He slows the game down too much, and he is a deficit on the defensive end of the court. Defense wins championships. I don't blame Jameer. He is paid to play. SVG is to blame for putting him in and allowing him to play stall ball. I guess he is afraid Dwight will fire him if he doesn't play Dwight's best friend. Unfortunately, he will be fired anyway if he keeps playing Jameer, and the Magic don't start winning. If DH doesn't want SVG to critique the team, then he needs to step up. Like I said, this is just my opinion, and everybody has one. I hope I am wrong.

quote:
Originally posted by rwm107:

This only my opinion, but, We would have not gotten out of the first round. The first half of last year was the first time Jameer was the best playing PG on the Magic team. I attribute this to the fact that nobody in the NBA believed the Magic were for real. They were flying under the radar. Jameer was shooting wide open shots. Nobody was defending him, and he wasn't defending anyone either. Fortunately, the shots were following, unlike the bricks he put up in the previous post season games we suffered through with Jameer as point. It is no coincidence that the Magic have lost 7 of 9 games since Jameer returned from his injury this year. The two game we won were won in the 4th quarter by J-will while Jameer watched from the bench. I am certain that we would have beat LA had Jameer not returned for the NBA Finals last year. We will never know, and we will never get back there with Jameer in the rotation. In previous years the consensus was that the Magic were a point guard away from an NBA title. That has never been more true than it is today. Almost every guard in the league can shoot over Jameer, so he is no help on the defensive end. Even if the other teams stop defending him again. He slows the game down too much, and he is a deficit on the defensive end of the court. Defense wins championships. I don't blame Jameer. He is paid to play. SVG is to blame for putting him in and allowing him to play stall ball. I guess he is afraid Dwight will fire him if he doesn't play Dwight's best friend. Unfortunately, he will be fired anyway if he keeps playing Jameer, and the Magic don't start winning. If DH doesn't want SVG to critique the team, then he needs to step up. Like I said, this is just my opinion, and everybody has one. I hope I am wrong.

revisionist history?

or

Not watching games?

you decide...

quote:

quote:

revisionist history?

or

Not watching games?

you decide...

Gonna go with not watching the games.

quote:

This only my opinion, but, nobody in the NBA believed the Magic were for real. They were flying under the radar. he wasn't defending anyone either. Fortunately, the shots were following, The [FIVE] game we won. Almost every guard in the league can shoot over Jameer, so he is no help on the defensive end. is a deficit on the defensive end of the court. Defense wins championships. He is paid to play. he will be fired anyway if the Magic don't start winning. If DH doesn't want SVG to critique the team, then he needs to step up. Like I said, this is just my opinion, and everybody has one. I hope I am wrong.

I removed all the statements that wouldn't be made had he watched games.

You guys are forgetting Nelson was our best offensive player before the injury. He was shooting an insane 50% from beyond the arc, was saving SVG's offense from looking downright awful, and had one of the highest FG%s among guards. Not only that, he was clutch.

Hopefully Nelson won't become the next Penny Hardaway giving us only us 2 injury free years.

quote:

quote:

This only my opinion, but, nobody in the NBA believed the Magic were for real. They were flying under the radar. he wasn't defending anyone either. Fortunately, the shots were following, The [FIVE] game we won. Almost every guard in the league can shoot over Jameer, so he is no help on the defensive end. is a deficit on the defensive end of the court. Defense wins championships. He is paid to play. he will be fired anyway if the Magic don't start winning. If DH doesn't want SVG to critique the team, then he needs to step up. Like I said, this is just my opinion, and everybody has one. I hope I am wrong.

I removed all the statements that wouldn't be made had he watched games.

Jameer was probably the best starting point guard defender of the East last season. Matt Goukas wasn't lying when he told you that we defend pick n roll better than anybody in the league