Sign in to follow this  
Magic Fan 4 Life

How far do you think Orlando would have gone last year if Jameer didnt get injured?

quote:
Originally posted by Magic Fan 4 Life:

I think they would have won it all. The Lakers main weakness is they can't handle scoring Point Guards. And Jameer last year was a big threat.

While Alston did a good job taking over for Jameer, Orlando was a better team with Nelson running the show. I think the finals would have been very different, and I also think both the Boston and Cleveland series would have been shorter. Alston was not as consistent as Jameer.

I wouldn't go so far as to say we would have won the finals, but I suspect it would have been a much more contested match up, and I would have liked our chances.

That being said. It didn't happen. So, meh, whatever.

quote:

I wouldn't go so far as to say we would have won the finals, but I suspect it would have been a much more contested match up, and I would have liked our chances.

I think we would have won the finals straight up. Yesterday Jameer killed the Lakers, as he always does. We just couldn't get our other role players to perform.

quote:
Originally posted by robotmaster:

quote:

I think we would have won the finals straight up. Yesterday Jameer killed the Lakers, as he always does. We just couldn't get our other role players to perform.

Had Jameer remembered the meaning of defence and put his hand across Derek's face ,we would have been talking about a ring!

No where near where they wound up. Alston took them as far as he could. Jameer screwed things up coming back when he did.

Jameer is not leader material and never will be. His constant dribbling instead of passing the ball and walking the ball up the court really messes up the rhythm of the game. He gets mugged all the time by the opposing PG. It's just not in the cards for him.

quote:
Originally posted by ElMayi:

Maybe won us one more game. Still would have lost series.

Our lineup couldn't stop LA's points in the paint, same as last night.

right.

one of the major reasons we lost last night was giving up all those offensive rebounds in the 4th.