Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Trading Vince Update on Pg. 14(Chad Ford)

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

something I have noticed about those basketball player mix videos, I've yet to see one that shows a player screwing up on every sequence highlighted...

you mean a coach screwing up in every game?

quote:
Originally posted by ElMayi:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

something I have noticed about those basketball player mix videos, I've yet to see one that shows a player screwing up on every sequence highlighted...

you mean a coach screwing up in every game?

do they have a lot of basketball coach highlight mixes on youtube?

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

I honestly can't imagine what team will be willing to take on Carter at this point.

Richard Hamilton is the one player I have always liked and could fit this system. He's been hurt this year, but so has been Carter.

RIP makes about 10 mil and has 4 years left. Detroit could start VC and play him limitied min or bring him off the bench and start Gordon. After next season they can simply not pick up his contract and get it over with!

contract doesn't fit our future plans.

Alright, I FINALLY heard from my insider (formerly Magical from EB Sports). Again, to recap, he has NAILED signings in the past, but has had a hard time pinning down who Otis is after in trades (he didn't see the Alston trade coming at all, but said Otis was 'up to something' prior to the Vince trade). Called the Bass and Barnes signings before anyone, even Moldy Hobo. He told me after the Vince trade that it was a strictly temporary solution, that Otis saw Hedo as in the tail end of his prime (due to the aforementioned lifestyle choices) and didn't want the long term commitment. He told me the targets for next summer were Joe Johnson and Dwyane Wade, and that Otis purposely stockpiled strong pieces for a sign and trade.

Well, I just heard from him again. He said that the plan all along was to trade Vince this summer unless he played out of his mind and led us to championship. VC's poor play seems to have pushed that timetable up. Otis is working the phones for a young guy, but it may have to be a 3 team deal, as a team who could use Vince is unlikely to be a team who would give up a young swingman. And yes, he wants a swingman, not Boozer or Bosh. Magical mentioned 2 names - Chris Paul and Caron Butler. He said Paul is strictly a wishlist, as he isn't sure NO is ready to give up on him (and he thinks CP3 is a BYC guy), but that Otis would give up anyone not named Dwight. As for Caron, he said the fact that they are in the same division as us makes him difficult. He then reiterated that Otis tends to come out of nowhere when it comes to trades because less people need to be involved in that process (in a signing, players may be asked to speak to the potential signee, scouts may be asked what the signee's ceiling is, etc). But he did confirm that Otis is looking to make a deal.

Interestingly, he said management is kicking themselves over losing Courtney more than losing Hedo. Lee was a perfect fit in our system, but Otis saw how he got abused by Kobe in the Finals and realized he was just too small, and that we needed to be bigger at SG.

Finally, he addressed the Arenas rumors - said Otis would look at bringing him in, and that his court hearing date makes getting him this season impossible (or at least unlikely).

forgot we also have Ryan Anderson

Bass

Anderson

White Chocolate

Vince

Barnes

we lost Turk and Alston big deal... Turk disappeared for 3 quarters and played awful D. He got assists since Nelson was the shooter then, but JWill takes care of running the PG now even better than Meer and Hedo. Alston was a very poor shooter.

So we need Bosh now to be good..

Thanks Rev...I've been waiting to hear from you. Excellent news, I am glad to see Otis is NOT content with the way this team is put together...Let's just hope SVG gets on it and figures out his problems..Though they may be due to trying to get certain players number up for trades. IDK. I just think something has to happen, and happen soon. So come playoff time this team will be ready.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Alright, I FINALLY heard from my insider (formerly Magical from EB Sports). Again, to recap, he has NAILED signings in the past, but has had a hard time pinning down who Otis is after in trades (he didn't see the Alston trade coming at all, but said Otis was 'up to something' prior to the Vince trade). Called the Bass and Barnes signings before anyone, even Moldy Hobo. He told me after the Vince trade that it was a strictly temporary solution, that Otis saw Hedo as in the tail end of his prime (due to the aforementioned lifestyle choices) and didn't want the long term commitment. He told me the targets for next summer were Joe Johnson and Dwyane Wade, and that Otis purposely stockpiled strong pieces for a sign and trade.

Well, I just heard from him again. He said that the plan all along was to trade Vince this summer unless he played out of his mind and led us to championship. VC's poor play seems to have pushed that timetable up. Otis is working the phones for a young guy, but it may have to be a 3 team deal, as a team who could use Vince is unlikely to be a team who would give up a young swingman. And yes, he wants a swingman, not Boozer or Bosh. Magical mentioned 2 names - Chris Paul and Caron Butler. He said Paul is strictly a wishlist, as he isn't sure NO is ready to give up on him (and he thinks CP3 is a BYC guy), but that Otis would give up anyone not named Dwight. As for Caron, he said the fact that they are in the same division as us makes him difficult. He then reiterated that Otis tends to come out of nowhere when it comes to trades because less people need to be involved in that process (in a signing, players may be asked to speak to the potential signee, scouts may be asked what the signee's ceiling is, etc). But he did confirm that Otis is looking to make a deal.

Interestingly, he said management is kicking themselves over losing Courtney more than losing Hedo. Lee was a perfect fit in our system, but Otis saw how he got abused by Kobe in the Finals and realized he was just too small, and that we needed to be bigger at SG.

Finally, he addressed the Arenas rumors - said Otis would look at bringing him in, and that his court hearing date makes getting him this season impossible (or at least unlikely).

I could definitely see Butler coming here. As long as Vince is in fact gone this would be a great trade... which is what you were hinting at. Its tough to think they would want Vince's contract.

I would bet my portfolio that Chris Paul goes nowhere. That organization, or ANY organization, would be insane to move a player of that caliber unless he demanded a trade. Same with DWade and the Heat. I don't see them letting him go, especially to us of all teams.

Joe Johnson would be a good pick-up. Hes good at sharing the ball and stepping up when you need him. Plays over-sized defense. Once again, its hard to fathom a division rival(our biggest right now) letting him come here.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

Josh (Orlando)

Please tell me there is some talk of Otis Smith trading Vince Carter. At this point I don't even care what the Magic get for him just as long as he gets sent away. He completely ruins the flow of their offense by making terrible decisions.

Chad Ford (1:09 PM)

They're looking at a lot of things right now. They aren't happy with how the team fits together and seem to be deeply regretting letting Hedo go. I think anyone, short of Dwight Howard, could be had for the right deal ... but yes, I think Carter will be the focal point.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/30439

They didn't let Hedo go, during the offseason owners were waiting to hear from him and they never did.

You have to think Paul is getting pretty close to demanding a trade. Traded away Chandler, fired his best friend coach, rumors that they want to trade David West... I mean, at what point does he realize he's on the KG on the T-Wolves path?