Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Trading Vince Update on Pg. 14(Chad Ford)

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

10 hot, fresh, delicious fish sticks says there is no way Vince Carter gets traded.

Vince has little trade value now that his play has gone downhill. His contract will become valuable this summer because the last year is ungarranteed.

Otis would have to add a prospect like Gortat to any deal and take back a bad contract to move him at this point. I expect Otis to look around but stand pat until next summer when Vince's contract could be better used in a sign and trade (Bosh maybe?).

No real info here in my opinion.

I am a big VC basher at the moment, but I wouldn't want Otis to dump him for anyone. We need to look at our options and look for a new scorer, but trading Vince for a block of cheese doesn't make this team better.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

No real info here in my opinion.

I am a big VC basher at the moment, but I wouldn't want Otis to dump him for anyone. We need to look at our options and look for a new scorer, but trading Vince for a block of cheese doesn't make this team better.

It does as long as the cheese is not moldy and does not make the players sick.

If you read right above it Chad says that the rumblings of Igouldala and Dalambert are a possible... Can we send vince to the 76ers for both? i know vince has two more years left but maybe they can come to an agreement to pay part of the salasry and we can send cash considerations and a draft pick with it?

I wouldnt mind having Dalambert as a backup and Boy Would AI be the real slasher we need that we thought we were getting with vince.

quote:
Originally posted by BillFan:

Sounds like Ford is embellishing. I don't think that the Magic have deep regrets about losing Hedo. They really didn't even have a choice.

They don't have any regrets. Carter is better. Hedo was a worse defender and just as likely to go 4-19 and they hit a big shot when it counts. Carter can do that.

The problem isn't Vince or Lewis. The problem last year wsn't Turkoglu. Just an offense that doesn't work. How did the stop to launch 3s offense work for ya Gundy?

"Josh" is another 10 year old fan most likely posting on this board. What a waste of an opportunity to ask a good question.

One doesn't have to be very smart to know this team is a lot better this year without Hedo hugging shots.

JWill can start so can JJ Redick. They're ballin this year and Barnes is a versatile hustle guy we didn't have before.

The acquisition of Bass alone made us better. No more getting pushed around by LA or any other teams with a big frontline. Who would have thought that's the guy our dumb *** coach decides he can do without. Because he likes to get physical inside (what we need) instead of shoot 3s

I want no part of anyone on the Sixers roster unless it is Young or Speights.

I mean some of those contracts, wow. Billy King and Isiah Thomas are the gifts that keep on giving.