Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

SVG: Dwight, Lew, V.C. & Jameer need to take responsibility(pg.4)

Okay... Its time to sit Nelson and VC right now and play them in a limited roll until they get 100%, no swelling, no soreness, ready..

Its clear that VC and Nelson are not ready, and playing them "just because" is doing more harm than good.

Put J-Will in there along with JJ, that should give plenty attempts to Lewis to get his game back.

Then when VC and Nelson are completely ready, stick them back in the starting lineup...

By that time Lewis should be in a good rythm as well as Dwight, then Nelson cant be Nelson and VC can be VC... Hopefully that will have us back on target.

Right now.. we are just imploding.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

quote:
Originally posted by barnettej:

Right now.. we are just imploding.

As in this message board? Yep, I would agree with that.

+1

And to everyone freaking out about benching Barnes, what if it works? What if we find a lineup that works with J-Will and JJ? Slide VC down to SF and have Pietrus play the backup 2 like he did last year.

Williams/Nelson/AJ

Redick/Pietrus

Carter/Barnes

Lewis/Anderson/Bass

Howard/Gortat

that team would play a lot like last year's imo.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

Yeah put Barnes on the bench that makes a lot of sense(sarcasm). Hollinger is an idiot, if anything JJ comes in for VC or move Shard to the 3 and start RA.

barnes has been playing the hardest on the team so hollinger wants to reward him by putting him on the bench? brilliant

jwill

redick

barnes

bass

gortat

i dont care if we lose every game. if we play with heart and hustle i'm fine with any result we have. it's the games where we play unmotivated and don't care is when i get frustrated

I would give VC the ball more and Nelson less. In all honestly, VC is our best offensive player. He just needs to be more aggressive and you do that by giving him the same role that Hedo had when he was here. VC right now is just playing the role that JJ Redick would play on offense. Meer is not a creator. Never has and never will be. He has his moments but not enough to be consistent. VC can/has average 20+ points and 4-5 apg. Thats one reason why Fisher and Kobe works.

If any changes to the rotation, put Jwill into the lineup and and move Nelson to the bench.

quote:
Originally posted by Magicman28:

I would give VC the ball more and Nelson less. In all honestly, VC is our best offensive player. He just needs to be more aggressive and you do that by giving him the same role that Hedo had when he was here. VC right now is just playing the role that JJ Redick would play on offense. Meer is not a creator. Never has and never will be. He has his moments but not enough to be consistent. VC can/has average 20+ points and 4-5 apg. Thats one reason why Fisher and Kobe works.

If any changes to the rotation, put Jwill into the lineup and and move Nelson to the bench.

the problem with giving carter the same role hedu had is that he would still be looking for his shot first. that would defeat the purpose

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:
Originally posted by Magicman28:

the problem with giving carter the same role hedu had is that he would still be looking for his shot first. that would defeat the purpose

Well hes probably your best and most versatile offensive player. Are you telling me that Kobe looking for his shot first hasn't helped the Lakers? Now, if VC is just chucking up contested 3's and 20 footers then yeah its a problem but if hes attacking the rim and penetrating he'll attract more attention the anyone else on this team would.

Its what Wade, Kobe, MJ all do and with the personnel we have currently its the best way. Hedo did it too. He would become more of our offensive leader then Meer and it worked. VC needs the ball more but to also attack more. Right now you have Meer whos not our best offensive player trying to create. Then you got Dwight whos not our best offensive player trying to create and you got Lewis ALL trying to create. VC needs to be the one that creates. Its why we traded for him. We let a guy like Hedo who creates leave and traded for an upgrade in VC. We need to let him do just that.