Sign in to follow this  
~O~

Will The Effort Change Come Playoff Time?

It seems like this team will make it to the playoffs as the third seed in the Eastern Conference. The players seem like they play with a 'nothing-to-play-for" mentality with the often blow leads and take runs up the...

There are things to play for such as home court advantage and position in the playoff brackets. Doesn't seem like it really matters to them this season.

Will the real Magic show in the playoffs when their is something to play for? Their necks are on the line and they'll find themselves in a going fishing picture on a NBA game broadcast if they decide to be the picture on a milk carton. The nonchalant and indifferent attitude could possibly carry on to the post season. It didn't last season but its always possible.

It seems like this team will make it to the playoffs as the third seed in the Eastern Conference. The players seem like they play with a 'nothing-to-play-for" mentality with the often blow leads and take runs up the...

There are things to play for such as home court advantage and position in the playoff brackets. Doesn't seem like it really matters to them this season.

Will the real Magic show in the playoffs when their is something to play for? Their necks are on the line and they'll find themselves in a going fishing picture on a NBA game broadcast if they decide to be the picture on a milk carton. The nonchalant and indifferent attitude could possibly carry on to the post season. It didn't last season but its always possible.

yes.

everyone on the team realizes its an 82 game season. Its hard to get motivated to play every game at 100%. Its hard to listen to stan for 82 games. Its hard to play the second night in a row with sore ankles and knees when its january and the game has no meaning.

when playoffs come a new effort will fall over the team.

If they do play with a careless attitue in the playoffs and get beat things are gonna start happening in the Magic organization...Otis has said specifically we want to win a championship "THIS SEASON"...bowing out carelessly in the 1st or 2nd round isn't an option this season.

Playoffs? Post All-Star break I promise we'll be a much more energized and consistent team. Right now you tread water, win some games, and find faults that you can improve. The Spurs have been doing it for about a decade now.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

You don't just start playing with effort. This team is losing games because they just aren't a great team. But hey we can revisit this when this team as built falters in the playoffs.

If I was as ignorant as you, I'd kill myself.

That would imply that teams effort doesn't change and that is the dumbest thing you have ever written. Yes, the dumbest thing you, VaBch, has ever written. You keep one uppin' yourself

quote:

You don't just start playing with effort. This team is losing games because they just aren't a great team. But hey we can revisit this when this team as built falters in the playoffs.

yea and why will we need to revisit it?

some of us believe could you please for once in your life let us hold on it!!

somthing must be wrong if you have to attempt to prove you are right all time when really to a lot of people here you are just a computer screen much like i am to many.

quote:

I really laughed out loud. Especially since it's coming from you.