Sign in to follow this  
ThisIsTheYear

POLL! Do you miss last year's message board?

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:
Originally posted by robotmaster:

Actually, posts like these are more annoying than anything because they dont contribute to any valuable discussion about the Magic.

Unlike this in-depth analysis you vomited on another thread.

quote:

Wow, all the "WE WILL STEP IT UP IN THE PLAYOFFZ GUYZ" losers in one thread. Yay!

Post of the year!?!

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:

Actually, posts like these are more annoying than anything because they dont contribute to any valuable discussion about the Magic.

Unlike this in-depth analysis you vomited on another thread.

quote:

Wow, all the "WE WILL STEP IT UP IN THE PLAYOFFZ GUYZ" losers in one thread. Yay!

Post of the year!?!

At least post of the day. It made me chuckle. Almost as much as vabch telling me yesterday that Houston doesn't want Gortat, then, in his very next post, suggesting to add Gortat in a trade to Houston to help get the deal done.

Sometimes I forget why certain people are on my ignore list, then someone goes and quotes them like that, and I remember.

Good post DOM.

It is interesting to see some of the vets like Mr. Acres come out for this thread, which is looking more and more like an oasis. It probably wont be long before the legendary LOD shows his face.

I just glanced down to see that I registered in November, 2006, which is just over 3 years ago. Dang.

If I were to explain the tone and flow of the forum this year I would argue that all the winning brings unfounded expectations, with a side order of fair weather fans, sprinkled with a topping of new fans.

One question I always ask myself when reading some of these threads is: Do these people carry this level of ignorance, contempt, and anger in their real lives as well? Do they have the same silly expectations?

The scary thing is some of these people vote, too...

I need to re-read the TOS

quote:
Profanity is not permitted on our boards. This rule includes the creative use of symbols instead of letters or switching two letters around. Basically, don't use language here that others may disapprove of and you won't have to worry about receiving a warning or worse.

quote:
Hell have a veterans only thread for all you vets to talk real positive shiit. I just don't understand why some of you are the way you are. People on here try to express how they feel about the team and you morons shut them down every time.

I think the problem is the complaint; not the complaints themselves. I would rather 'complain' or 'point out a problem' when it is a continuing situation. I don't complain about a player after one game, or one play. Those are just dumb kneejerk reactions.

I remember somebody earlier saying 'most of the people posting don't know much about the team' or something along those lines, and as elitist as that says, I honestly think that's true. We point the finger in so many random directions, and so quickly that we truly don't know what's going on. I've said this before weeks ago: we don't know what's behind the curtains of the court. We don't really know what Van Gundy's thinking, and we surely don't know MORE than Van Gundy even if you were or are a high school coach.

And nobody here seems to like statistics at all. It's just find a bad play and whine. Find a bad game and whine, and for some people, they only post WHEN there's a bad game and never when there's a good one. Our solutions are also so simplistic. It's always whoever is left out, trade this and that, blame Gundy for putting in to give a player a rest for the next quarter, etc. Some of us hardly even trust our offense (I mean the CONCEPT of it) despite it being there for years, and that it is truly the strength of the magic team. They can play conventional basketball, but they aren't going to win a championship with it. Some people need to realize this sooner or later.

quote:
Fukk this message board really. Naw really fukk the ones who find every little thing to bitcch about just cause people are trying to have discussions.

Isn't that.. what you did? Just wondering.

I need to re-read the TOS

quote:
Profanity is not permitted on our boards. This rule includes the creative use of symbols instead of letters or switching two letters around. Basically, don't use language here that others may disapprove of and you won't have to worry about receiving a warning or worse.

rob, i feel your pain. i use to get angry at the baiting about jj and said some stupid things. then at my age i realized what are you doing. it is after all just a game for entertainment. i now try not to take it so seriously. best of luck. go magic