Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

Carlisle leading sentinel poll?!?

i hope those numbers arent accurate...i have nothing against the guy but he had very good lineups in detroit and indiana(except for this year)and neither team improved after they got him. the pistons didnt win until they got rid of him and picked up saunders, and indiana's record got worse and worse the longer he was there. he is not the answer if we want to win championshhips! atleast donovan has a winning mentality about him. i like this Iavaroni guy although he has no rings. he seems to be able to relate to the suns players. those are my # 1 and 2 choices.

btw, if we get Iavaroni, i say we push hard for gerald wallace. we would be the suns of the east, but with way better defense...thats a great start in my opinion.

every potential coach in the nba wants this job. its the sweetest opportunity out there for a coach.

murph, out!

i hope those numbers arent accurate...i have nothing against the guy but he had very good lineups in detroit and indiana(except for this year)and neither team improved after they got him. the pistons didnt win until they got rid of him and picked up saunders, and indiana's record got worse and worse the longer he was there. he is not the answer if we want to win championshhips! atleast donovan has a winning mentality about him. i like this Iavaroni guy although he has no rings. he seems to be able to relate to the suns players. those are my # 1 and 2 choices.

btw, if we get Iavaroni, i say we push hard for gerald wallace. we would be the suns of the east, but with way better defense...thats a great start in my opinion.

every potential coach in the nba wants this job. its the sweetest opportunity out there for a coach.

murph, out!

Look at the bright side.

Otis is pretty well fed up with the idiocy of the local media, so if Carlisle is the choice they would like to slant him towards, he'll stiff Carlisle just to spite them.

I don't think Otis is going to take the easy out. I think he is going to bring in whoever envisions a team the same way he can. Someone who will use the players the way that was envisioned when they obtained him.

Being on the same page will be the most critical attribute the new coach can bring. Otis is not going through another year bringing in talent that the head coach wants to use (or not use) differently.

I know those numbers aren't right. On the first day, I avaroni and Carslise were neck and neck for most of the day, then suddenly Carslise had 500 more votes. I think someones probably figured otu an easy way to manipulate the vote, just liek with the old brian hill poll.

I would not worry about that poll, a lot of people vote who don't follow basketball very close. They simply are picking one of the better known names.

Otis said he is not hiring this guy based on PR, he is getting the guy he thinks can make a winner.

His formula is simple. Winning = good PR = more ticket sales.

i'm not sure if he is best choice for us,

but he is proven winner, and in my opinion, his coaching job in year of indiana-detroit brawl was one of the best coaching performance in the NBA history

What's the matter with you guys??

Rick Carlisle is a proven winner. 61-21 his first season with Indiana, anyone? The year before they were only 48-34. Sort of a 13 game improvment right there.

Can we face facts about the Orlando Magic franchise? We're basically a middle-of-the-pack team. We should get on our hands and knees and thank our lucky stars we got Rick Carlisle, if it were to ever happen.

For those of you that want to brand him Brian Hill born again, wake up because it's flat out not true.

With some of the silly suggestions on this forum, I really hope Otis makes his decision with little to no input from anyone. Because I trust his judgment a lot more than anyone else when it comes to the coaching issue.

I think Rick Carlisle is the best canidate available at the moment.

He did more than what the original poster said about the Pistons. He was the one who started our run, and he pre-positioned us into a defensive team, everything we have done since then started with him.

We also got to the Eastern Conference Finals with him as Coach before he was let go in favor of Larry Brown, who took us to the next level, but Larry credited Carlisle for alot of it in interviews.

He is a great team and player motivator, and has always had good teams, and he got more out of his teams than they should have done or were expected to do.

The Pacers teams he coached had some of the biggest cancers in NBA history on it, with Ron Artest, and Stephen Jackson, and other malcontents like Al Harrington, Jamaal Tinsley, and even Jermaine O'Neal to a certain extent. Yet he got them to reach levels that I believe they don't reach without him keeping them some-what under controll.

His only weakness is his offensive sets/system, but it's not that big of a problem, and his aloof attitude towards management at times. Not listening to the managements advice on who to play during games, and going with defensive players who do little else for the team other than play solid defense. Which is a good and bad thing in many ways.

But I definitely see no better option out there for any team, and he is even better for a young team like the Magic.

He will come in and from day one instill a defensive mind set to the team, and toughness from his demeanor in practices. He is very good at making adjustments on the fly during a game, and is really good with calling timeouts before the opposing team gets on a big run, and breaking the other teams run up with it (Very underrated tactic in coaching, alot of coaches aren't good at making the decision promply). He is a good Playoffs coach at making adjustments in between games as well, very good actually.

I think he would be a great fit with the Magic, and definitely would do wonders for the developement of young players, inparticularly J.J. Reddick, because Reddick fits his offensive system very well, as does Dwight Howard all though Dwight will have to work on his passing from the post up position.

In my opinion there is no better option for the Magic.

quote:
Originally posted by The Ghost of John Gabriel:

Original Poster needs several of his facts checked.

i dont post unless if i am sure that my facts are 100% correct.

Career Averages

REGULAR SEASON

YEAR TEAM WINS LOSSES PCT WINS

2001- Detroit 50 32 .610

2002- Detroit 50 32 .610

2003- Indiana 61 21 .744

2004- Indiana 44 38 .537

2005- Indiana 41 41 .500

2006- Indiana 35 47 .427

does that look like the trend you want from any coach? especially the one thats supposed to win championships? in 2003 indiana was hyped to be an eastern conference champ from the start. they failed, despite the good reg season statistics, which count for horseshoes and handgrenades(see dallas). and they got progressively worse and worse(see first post) that means his players lost faith in his philosophy at the least. it also means that he probably lost control of his players long before the firing. so, ghost...where are the facts that need to be checked??? i dont mind criticism, but atleast back it up with evidence.

we need a winner! not someone that has taken over strong clubs and failed to take them to the next level!!!

there are a lot of faux basketball guru's in this post.