Soul Bro

Wishful Thinking Thread

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=yke8mb2

THIS

theres been talk of devin harris not being a good enough point guard to run nj's offense. they dont like his decision making.

I did not hear that, all I heard was that no one other than Brook Lopez was safe. I liek Harris a lot because he's a big PG, he knows how to drive, and he's crazy athletic.

I would absolutely love it if this trade went down. Plus we get Lee back as well as Batman and Camby would be a great backup to Dwight, as well as a defensive mentor.

Really, it is a pretty fair trade IMO. NJ would then only have 1 player with a contract being over 2 years, Houston gaines depth in the backcourt, the Clippers gain a couple of prospects, and Orlando upgrades both their post and perimeter defense immensely.

The chemistry with Vince Carter has changed completely the Magic. After seeing his shot selections and the number of shots he has taken no even playing a consist amount of game we need to trade him.

We need a quick guard and a big guard. More length around Dwight and a 2 guard that can shoot.

I would bring back Darrell Armstrong as a asst coach and I am starting to wonder if SVG should also go.

This team will be lucky to make it to the playoffs unless they get the right pieces and a good kick in the pants to play tough defense.

quote:
Originally posted by cincinnati kid:

The chemistry with Vince Carter has changed completely the Magic. After seeing his shot selections and the number of shots he has taken no even playing a consist amount of game we need to trade him.

Sorry, I could hear Borat's voice when I read this

borat-high-five.png

But seriously, I agree about the bigger PG. I would prefer a slashing SG persoanlly, but I know it doesn't fit the system

quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Magic fan:

I wouldn't be surprised if we worked out a trade with Dallas. I'm sure they're still keen on Gortat.

Maybe we could get J.Howard and Dampier for Gortat and Vince?

We cannot trade Tat to Dallas until this summer, according to league rules

quote:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=ykapx6x

maybe?

Trading VC for Battier and Butler would decrease this teams projected wins by 3 games. The Rockets with VC, Miller, and Haywood would be 5 games better. There is so much fail in that Hollinger analysis.

PG Nelson/JWill

SG Butler/Pietrus/JJ

SF Battier/Barnes

PF Lewis/RA/Bass

C Howard/Gortat

I think we would increase by 5 wins. That is a dream trade. I would assume AJ goes to the IR.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

quote:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=ykapx6x

maybe?

Trading VC for Battier and Butler would decrease this teams projected wins by 3 games. The Rockets with VC, Miller, and Haywood would be 5 games better. There is so much fail in that Hollinger analysis.

PG Nelson/JWill

SG Butler/Pietrus/JJ

SF Battier/Barnes

PF Lewis/RA/Bass

C Howard/Gortat

I think we would increase by 5 wins. That is a dream trade. I would assume AJ goes to the IR.

that is a dream trade for me as well. championship level defense. Butler can create shots even when he's use to not having the ball 15-20 times a game. I don't see why Houston would want VC, I could be wrong tho.

This trade isn't too far out.

quote:
Originally posted by deadman54:

trade peaches i dont care who for just some one with smarter basketball iq and will attck the rim its all i ask for.

Sounds good to me as long as we get a good perimeter defender in return