Sign in to follow this  
MagicHistorian

Is it time to go to JJ?

I gotta admit...was at the game last night and myself and the people that sit near me were all saying, "leave Redick in the game and keep Carter on the bench".

Of course, that was just last night...

Redick is ballin' this year for real though...

Just sayin'...

What if going to JJ early takes him out of his comfort zone? Meaning he's probably comfortable with his current role and may regress with the increased responsibility.

On the other hand, it may not be a bad idea. Everyone wants to point the finger at the guys taking 5 shots per game. That's not the reason the offense is sucking. That's called deflection and is like pointing the blame at guys like Bogans or Afflalo or Thabo. This offense is dependent on the aggressiveness of the 3 All-Stars out there.

We got Vince 2 years too late. While he can still score it seems that he shoots way too many jumpers. Also he jus doesn't have the stamina or the legs anymore. I am not criticizing, just stating the obvious. I am hoping he can play less minutes per game, definitely finishing but not shooting so much. JJ, with a little more improvement with the handles would make an excellent pg.

quote:
Originally posted by MP_20:

What if going to JJ early takes him out of his comfort zone? Meaning he's probably comfortable with his current role and may regress with the increased responsibility.

On the other hand, it may not be a bad idea. Everyone wants to point the finger at the guys taking 5 shots per game. That's not the reason the offense is sucking. That's called deflection and is like pointing the blame at guys like Bogans or Afflalo or Thabo. This offense is dependent on the aggressiveness of the 3 All-Stars out there.

I agree. The blame should be on the guys expected to play well every game. MP and some of our bench guys like Anderson are not playing well, but you can't put most of the blame on them. Right now it is on Shard and Carter. Neither is playing any defense or shooting well. We can't another couple months for Vince to come out of his shooting slump, because if we keep playing like how we did last night, we will not win games like that, and I don't care if Vince is out of his slump by the playoffs because I don't want to keep losing then end up with the 8 seed and face Boston. Right now the problems are Shard and Carter, but really we can't think about taking shard out of the Lineup because Ryan Anderson plays even worse defense, and right now is shooting even worse. On the other hand Redick is shooting lights out, and is playing good defense. We have an option. The Solution is not to move Vince to SF, and Redick to SG because our defense gets even worse with Carter and Lewis who both won't be able to play good defense against most opponents.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:
Originally posted by PrematureShooter:

JJ has definitely earned a starter's spot but certainly not over Vince. Slide VC to the 3 and bench MP. I love the guy, but I find myself pulling my hair out with him every time he pump fakes then travels, steps on the sideline, or commits a dumb foul. Much better suited to a 6th man roll.

Yeah dude, lets slide Carter to the SF and make our defense even worse.

Wait, so moving Vince off a smaller, quicker player onto one who is less likely to beat him off the dribble, his main weakness, is a bad idea? Interesting! Not to mention, the idea posed by this thread was to bench Vince altogether, which I'm sure you agree is the greater of two evils.

We are still 8th in the league in terms of OPP PPG, so our defense isn't quite as terrible as we believe it to be. While we haven't come out sharp on defense recently, our offense to begin games has been non-existent. Replacing MP, a ball stopper, with JJ, someone who willingly passes, is at least worth a shot at this point.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I gotta admit...was at the game last night and myself and the people that sit near me were all saying, "leave Redick in the game and keep Carter on the bench".

Of course, that was just last night...

Redick is ballin' this year for real though...

Just sayin'...

Is this me or Junkie posting this? LOL.

If Redick keeps it up, he might just play himself into that 3.8 million dollar qualifying offer due from the Magic next summer. For comparison's purposes, we once paid Keyon Dooling 3.5 million a year, and Carlos Arroyo 4 million per.

hahaha are you ****ing kidding

you dont know jack **** about basketball sorry I cant take this thread seriously. VC is going to have off nights, and he's going to have good nights, and if ppl are going to make threads like this on every off night lmao that's great you guys just prove how smart you are with Bball.

we should start Gortat over Dwight because he's a better free throw shooter.

I love Redick but there's a good thing SVG is the coach and us on the board have no impact on his decisions. My god.

This is almost as stupid as the trade Redick threads that flooded this forum at a point when he had bad nights.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

you dont know jack **** about basketball sorry I cant take this thread seriously. VC is going to have off nights, and he's going to have good nights, and if ppl are going to make threads like this on every off night lmao that's great you guys just prove how smart you are with Bball.

I love Redick but there's a good thing SVG is the coach and us on the board have no impact on his decisions. My god.

This is almost as stupid as the trade Redick threads that flooded this forum at a point when he had bad nights.

ok, there wasn't any relavent information in your post, buuuuuut why must we replace VC with Redick (as so the OP suggests). VC shall remain our scorer and player we turn to in tough situations.

When this fails however, Redick would be a great option for a offensive boost. He can create with a drive and kick, make that clutch shot, and unlike many players on our squad..is willing to make the extra pass.

IMO he deserves a starting spot at SG. Slide Carter to the SF and we are set. As many have mentioned, MP seems to have a much bigger impact coming off the bench as our 6th man.

Redick also is now a very solid defender, so he can matchup against many starting SG we face without a hiccup in our gameplan. When we have a tough matchup at SF for Carter, we could always place in MP here and there for Redick. I think this would really benefit the team and our flow of the game.

quote:

you continue to contribute less and less everyday.

quote:

If I was Stan, Id throw you off this board.

All you do is criticize and I cant remember you ever making a valid point.

IMO, your the most annoying person on this board. And thats taking into consideration the guy that has worse grammar than a three year old.