Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Game Thread: Orlando Magic @ Miami Heat Thurs. 12/17/09 8:00 P.M.

My Problem with the team, is Not the Losses its the BLOWOUT Losses with a poor effort...I would like to see some different players at different times, Like Bass in there with Dwight for more than 3 mins or RA in with Lewis,Bass,d12,Jameer

Maybe even a Gortat,Bass,and D12 for a few mins and see what happens

My knock on SVG is why match the other teams lineup? Why not Force there hand and say "This Line up is what we want and they will have to adjust to us"

Its frustrating to watch Games like tonight especially when on a TNT Broad cast BUT on a back to back and who knows if these guys went out last night (South Beach) Lets see what they do these next 3 games!!

quote:
Originally posted by The Seventh Seal:

Man, I finish my Law School semester tomorrow, and I want one of those cars full of booze from the commercial... cops won't catch me though, I'll drink it all before I unpark...

wish you all the luck in the world, man ... I thoroughly understand your expressed need ... which Law school do you attend?

I would really appreciate it if the team could post something when they decide they are going to take the night off so I can take the night off from watching them.

Shouldn't there be some sort of effort just out of pride or revenge? Dwight was the only person that wanted to win that game.

now im getting annoyed i can live with us playing a bad game but what the hell was that?

i think it is joke some of these guys earn millions and play like they dont care.

hell pay me 50 grand a year to work my butt off in training and turn up and play hard. hell i did it and i had to pay to play. (along with many of you)

how difficult is it to box out or even make the oppisition work hard and earn thier points? it just seam like we dont value possession i can handle live and die by the 3 but dribble up and jack it in 3-5 seconds get real. we need to play longer half court offense and work the ball forcing it will create a bigger hole.

commentators say we are capible of erasing leads fast but just let it happen rather than force your way out of oh and it starts with intensity on ****en defense

this team does not have leadership on the floor. they need someone to say i refuse to lose because you dont want to give an effort. not to knock vc but he seemed to be in slow motion and clearly stops the ball. no defense either. he needs to be a leader and he clearly is not showing up every night. i saw effort from howard and jj but thats it. what happened to having a plan on offense.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

Normally this is where I say "We lose".

BUT CARLOS ****ING ARROYO IS STARTING!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

We win by 40

Jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajja..........

quote:
Carlos Arroyo was also huge, with seven assists and zero turnovers in his second start.

http://blogs.herald.com/miami_...down-heat-magic.html

WOW, what the Hell happened??. And the thing is, I honestly can't say, we lost because of this or because of that, We got TOTALLY Owned. From 1-15, wow, did not expect that. Oh well, I'd love to be a fly on the wall at our next practice, something tells me it's going to be brutal.

quote:
Originally posted by Voltaire:

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

Normally this is where I say "We lose".

BUT CARLOS ****ING ARROYO IS STARTING!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

We win by 40

Now you know whom to blame for the loss.....

+10000

smile_xmas.gif

Carlos was not HUGE.

He had 7 assists because the boy refused to take a shot, he looked scared out there or something. He also had no turnovers for the same reason, zero aggressiveness.

I couldn't even bring myself to watch the 4th quarter, first time this season for that for me. How does this Magic team NOT defend harder against a team playing 4-on-5 on offense most of the night, between Joel Anthony and/or Carlos Arroyo 90% of the time??

Freggin' ridiculous, I thought the Utah game was sickening, that doesn't hold a candle to last night's "effort." At least we tried for a quarter and a half against Utah! I'm stunned that the Magic were THAT lackluster, especially after the Miami loss that shouldn't of been a loss. Plus they are kind of our biggest rival throughout the history of the franchise? Division game?? I mean, how much more motivation do you need as a basketball player exactly, other than Boston on Christmas Day? Maybe the Magic have beaten Miami too soundly over the last few years, it's gotten too easy...

Take the shoelaces away from SVG today, I honestly felt bad for him last night. The ONLY good thing that happened last night was we tried to get Dwight the ball more than ever.

Someone needs to remind Vince and Rashard that they're All Stars? It's really okay if they want to selfish it up just a tad and dominate the ball, make a play?

All I know is Dwight and Redick deserve a future practice off, since the other 10 guys all took a Game Night off.

[/rant]

It's becoming painfully clear that against the elite teams of the nba, we have a problem with defense. This is a bad sign, as this team relies on jump shooting to outscore everywhere. When the shots aren't falling, we are going to lose.

That said, not in panic mode... but SVG has to have them watch some tape/re-group and focus on getting stops before any talk about offense.

I can honestly say that Rashard Lewis plays with less passion and hustle than any player in the league. I hate having to watch him routinely make lackluster defensive plays, refuse to take it hard to the basket, watch rebounds fall at his feet, etc. JJ is quickly becoming my favorite player on the team because he never takes a night off. Even Carter, when he's sucking, at least looks perturbed by it and becomes a little more aggressive. Rashard just curls up into his shell and tries to get out of the game.