Sign in to follow this  
Courtskils

Here's to you Brian Hill....

bhill, thanks for bringing us back to the playoffs. thanks for the 4 extra games we would otherwise not had seen, wish it was more than 4 but, detroit was a better team. thanks for the commitment to the community. thanks for being available on the radio. thanks bhill i wish you well

Hill has been in the league for quite a while so he clearly does have some good qualities. I just think those skills are better suited for an assistant coach rather than a head coaching job. I definitely don't have a problem with Hill as a person and would like it if he stays with the organization. I don't want him making player decisions though.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by Human Highlight Film:

OK,

Thanks to you coach hill for trying your very best to make the magic miss the playoffs again.

We know that you did your very best to sabatoge the team in every way imaginable!

1.Keeping diener in a suit for almost two years.

2.Not playing J.J. in the playoffs to get him any kind of playoff experience or giving us an outside threat.

3. Playing Grant hill to death so he had nothing left in the tank at the end of the season.

4. Being Hitler on the sidelines and telling your players when they can go to the bathroom.

See, it's posts like this that I am getting very tired of ignoring.

A guy start's a thread trying to be genuine and yet the insults continue.

I'd like to see one of you guys that think you know everything about basketball step on the sideline in the pressure cooker of being a head coach and see the results you could produce.

I've got a feeling most of you have never played competitively outside of the playground.

I bet it makes some of you feel great to be able to insult Brian on these boards like your the all-knowing basketbll mind and he's an idiot.

I agree BJ, the man isn't the coach anymore. There is no reason to continue insulting the man. Calling Brian Hill "Hitler" is absolutely moronic.

ok,

one good era? penny nick shaq? who cant get them to the playoffs?

Im not moranic , you need to watch the games better. He was the moran!

Look i'll lay off of him now that he is gone.

But I have season tickets and not like most people do but 2 lower bowl seats and they arent split with anyone. I pay good money to go to EVERY game and have sat in pain for 2 years!

He showed our young guys discipline, he helped mature dwight a little, and he has layed the groundwork for a championship with his defensive principles.

quote:

one good era? penny nick shaq? who cant get them to the playoffs?

Look i'll lay off of him now that he is gone.

But I have season tickets and not like most people do but 2 lower bowl seats and they arent split with anyone. I pay good money to go to EVERY game and have sat in pain for 2 years!

I too have season tickets and was very frustrated with the coaching, but Hill was not losing intentionally. Everyone on this board has a chance to show some character after all the bashing.

I agree with RichNBA, Hill taught defensive lessons that will hopefully last with these players throughout their careers.

For all it is worth, history will show you as the winningest coach in the history of the franchise.......so with that said, God Bless!

I'll stay positive for this thread.

My favorite Brian moment was when we lost game four of the '95 finals and Brian gathered his young team on the court and told them to remember what it was like to be there.

quote:

LOL am I the only one who sees the irony in this post? For the record, if you are going to call someone a moron, at least spell it right...

On a more positive note, Brian Hill WAS a great defensive coach. He put down a great foundation for us to build on. I agree with the decision that he had to go, but he did do some positive things to this team, reguardless if it was on purpose or not.

In the great scheme of things, Hill is a hard working human being who raised a fine family and who is rightly recognized for his charitable works. Those are qualities any of us can respect, and I wish him well in the future.