Sign in to follow this  
Courtskils

Bill Laimbeer will be a good coach for the Magic

He also said coaches today have to be NUTS!!!

Bill Laimbeer all over it.

Also said this will take a WHILE. IMO, the WNBA season just started and will go on for a WHILE ;-)

I would hope that the people on the Magic staff who are to make the decision about who is the next coach, know enough about basketball to hire Lambs. And the people who are the ticket-buying public will come around soon enough when the team gets tougher, more interesting, and winning consistently.

I might be more favorably inclined towards him from being a long-time Piston fan all through these many years. Some of us were trying to get Lambs when the Pistons were looking for a coach after Hitler (LB) left.

Coaching women's basketball is tougher than men's. They can't dunk so they have to rely on real ability and plans to score.

Bring on Laimbeer and we will turn this franchise around. He has always had a very hardworking reputation, he has been defense oriented, run when you get even a small chance, and his mental game is as good as his physical game. You should have read the news articles the Portland journalists were writing when the Pistons went out there to finish off the Blazers for their second 'ship. They talked about Laimbeer so much and their players were so engrossed in his phyching them out that they could talk of little else. He was only the third best player on the team (maybe behind Joe D and Isiaih) but he captured most of the attention. And it worked.

He is mentally tough, physically sound, and a worker like no other. He was never blessed with the ability to jump out of the gym but he made his abilities work. He would be an asset here, no doubt in my mind at all.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

As the biggest dreamer on the board (Chauncey Billups <cough, cough&gticon_wink.gif, you're pointing fingers?

I don't think anybody actually believes the Magic will hire Laimbeer. But as the list of candidates shrinks due to other team announcements, our listed is forced to expand.

Besides, you can only write about how happy you are that B Hill has been fired before deciding that it's time to post about something else. Laimbeer just happens to be the topic of the moment.

Also, as one of maybe 3 members here that stated "B Hill will be back, get over it", how can you say with certainty that Laimbeer won't be announced as the new Magic head coach? Because your $8.00/hour season ticket rep said so?

I'm sorry I gotta post this since Smack is being his usual sarcastic self. You know when Smack types on these boards he sounds so tuff and sophisticated. Well, I recently had a phone conversation with him. His voice sounds like a 12 year old boy!(lol)

I thought he would be some tough sounding guy since that's the image he likes to project.

Funny Junkie. Actually, I always hear the opposite from business associates that I have phone conversations with prior to our meetings. One guy said he thought that I would look like Tom Selleck.

Anyway, it's all in fun. Now if you were serious, I'll show you just how tough I am. LOL

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

Otis just said the coach he wants will be different and unique then what the media expects!!!

Pat Summitt.........................

Or John Amaechi.....................

Or Stephen A Smith..................

Or Jemele Hill......................

Or, best of all, Latrell Sprewell...

Otis said he is not looking for a "marquee guy".

He wants and expects the team to win and that he and the players "were not satisfied with this year's record". They think the team should have done better.

BOTTOM LINE. OTIS EXPECTS THE PERSONNEL, INCLUDING JAMEER NELSON, ON THIS TEAM TO WIN GAMES.

That's the way Laimbeer talks. It's all about winning!!

quote:
Originally posted by K.I.T:

Michael, have you been drinking again?

HAHAHAHAHA The funniest thing I've seen in a while. The picture makes this post HALARIOUS!!!

Whoever is behind all these character post, definitely make this board one of the best around.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

Our coaching problem wasn't just the head coach, it was the whole staff, and they need to all go elsewhere.

Brian Hill did not want a quality assistant coach training for a future head coach position.

Surprised?

While I'm rooting for Iavaroni in this little race, Bill would be one hell of a consolation prize.

As a player, he came hard every single night, was a good player, and, from what I've seen, he's a pretty good coach, too. Also, having a coach who can glower down on the bulk of his players (and Laimbeer would tower over most of the Magic squad and is a class A glowerer (word?)) is always a benefit.

No, I wouldn't be at all sorry if Laimbeer were named Magic coach; I just don't see it happening.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

Otis just said the coach he wants will be different and unique then what the media expects!!!

Dennis Rodman?