Sign in to follow this  
Courtskils

Bill Laimbeer will be a good coach for the Magic

My top choice to coach the Magic is Iavaroni, not my only choice. My dream choice would be coach K.

Another good choice is Bill Laimbeer.

One of the Magic's biggest criticism's is a lack of mental toughness. If anyone could show the Magic the ropes it would be Laimbeer. Laimbeer was a better basketball player than most remember, during his prime Laimbeer gave the Pistons 17 pts, 12 rebs. Laimbeer also hit over 200 3's in his career. He also was the centerpiece in the pick 'n roll offense the Pistons displayed.

Many people claimed Laimbeer was a thug, I however believe he was smart. He played mental games with the opposition and many times came out on top. He even had his own video game, Bill Laimbeer's combat basketball. Laimbeer was a winner, helping the Pistons to two championship along with making 4 all-star appearances.

Laimbeer's life after basketball is interesting as well. He started a successful company which is now ran by his brother and he kept up his X's and O's as a Piston's broadcaster. He accepted a coaching assignment for the WNBA and in his first season took a team that finished in last place (9-23) to a league best (25-9) record along with the WNBA title. Laimbeer made several personnel changes, which proved he not only had a vision for his team but also proved he had an eye for talent. He guided the team to playoff births in both 2004-2005 before leading the Shock to their second championship in 2006.

I know many people will argue, the NBA is different from the WNBA, but Laimbeer has shown uncanny leadership abilities. He

My top choice to coach the Magic is Iavaroni, not my only choice. My dream choice would be coach K.

Another good choice is Bill Laimbeer.

One of the Magic's biggest criticism's is a lack of mental toughness. If anyone could show the Magic the ropes it would be Laimbeer. Laimbeer was a better basketball player than most remember, during his prime Laimbeer gave the Pistons 17 pts, 12 rebs. Laimbeer also hit over 200 3's in his career. He also was the centerpiece in the pick 'n roll offense the Pistons displayed.

Many people claimed Laimbeer was a thug, I however believe he was smart. He played mental games with the opposition and many times came out on top. He even had his own video game, Bill Laimbeer's combat basketball. Laimbeer was a winner, helping the Pistons to two championship along with making 4 all-star appearances.

Laimbeer's life after basketball is interesting as well. He started a successful company which is now ran by his brother and he kept up his X's and O's as a Piston's broadcaster. He accepted a coaching assignment for the WNBA and in his first season took a team that finished in last place (9-23) to a league best (25-9) record along with the WNBA title. Laimbeer made several personnel changes, which proved he not only had a vision for his team but also proved he had an eye for talent. He guided the team to playoff births in both 2004-2005 before leading the Shock to their second championship in 2006.

I know many people will argue, the NBA is different from the WNBA, but Laimbeer has shown uncanny leadership abilities. He

Great post, skils.

I also would like him to get serious consideration for the job.

If they go with a re-tread like Jeff Van Gundy or, God help us, Bob Hill, it would be a major let-down.

Great post! Laimbeer is now one of my top 2 choices (Iavaroni). You made EXCELLENT points and I hope Otis & Co. read this message board other than that stupid poll on Sentinel.com.

It sucks, but thats the only reason that he wouldn't be brought in. It would be embarassing because the general public doesn't know all of the points you just made, and would only see that the Magic hired a WNBA coach. He's a good prospect, but it's never going to happen.

quote:
Originally posted by LetsGoMagic:

I am a Bad Boy fan. But please.... He's a WNBA Coach... Please dont embarass this franchise any more then it already is.

That's ridiculous.

He's an NBA champion.

Let's evaluate who we don't want:

1) we don't want anyone who has ever coached women

2) we don't want any college coaches

3) we don't want any assistants without head coaching experience

4) we don't want any re-treads

Didn't we just eliminate EVERYBODY !?!?!?!?

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:
Originally posted by LetsGoMagic:

I am a Bad Boy fan. But please.... He's a WNBA Coach... Please dont embarass this franchise any more then it already is.

That's ridiculous.

He's an NBA champion.

Let's evaluate who we don't want:

1) we don't want anyone who has ever coached women

2) we don't want any college coaches

3) we don't want any assistants without head coaching experience

4) we don't want any re-treads

Didn't we just eliminate EVERYBODY !?!?!?!?

Thank you Charisma!!!!! Some sense has finally been spoken, come on guys, a month or so ago people were saying ANYONE would be better than Hill.

Now every potential candidate is being shot down. I dont care one bit if Bill is WNBA coach, he is a dam good coach and a HUGE upgrade over Brian Hill!

Come on LGM give the guy a shot (lol), I think he would set this league on fire within his first couple of years. By the way, didn't we have Johnny Davis (basketball's Grandma) and Chris Jent to name a few....He was and still is one tough guy!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the problem the list of qualified coaches with former head coaching is very slim. Larry Brown and the Van Gundy brothers are left out there. Brown and Jeff V. are going to give you the same "type" of coach as Hill, defensive minded disciplinarian.

So your choices are down to Iavoroni and other assistants or college coaches such as Donavon.

There are coaches like Fratello, Hubie Brown, and Lenny Wilkens, but those coaches are all long in the tooth and would be a short term fix and only Brown has been successful as of late.

I was a big Adelman fan and still am a Iavoroni fan but you must consider more than choice as coach. Iavoroni will likely has his pick between the current vacancies.

I could support giving him a shot. His tough attitude as a player trumps the unfair rap about coaching women.

Success breeds success. And he would be a definate upgrade from what we have had lately.