Sign in to follow this  
Faux Hawk

Trade Lewis - Get 3 big pieces PLUS a FUTURE. (UPDATED LAST PAGE) :)

quote:
Originally posted by Faux Hawk:

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

You guys really think Lewis will suck all season? I like him here a lot. He will be fine. This is a massive kneejerk reaction. You probably are also a huge fan of the backup QB on your favorite team.

Look I am just saying Lewis is overpaid and if someone will take him and we benefit like the trade I mentioned then you have to consider it. Many people used to say that we would never trade for VC and we did. So many thing that people say won't happen can happen. This trade makes sense for both sides.
Hes not being traded

/thread

quote:
Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

Faux Hawk, I can't wait until Shard starts heating up and you disappear into oblivion.

Shard, is a key cog to this team and is going to help us win our first world championship this year. Your trade idea sucks, and your Shard hatred is irrational.

I do not hate Shard...quite the contrary I think he is an important part, but overpaid part to this team. All I am saying is now that Hedo is not that the SF we need to move Shard there. I brought up the trade idea because of a conversation I had with another Magic fan. It is that simple. I never said I want to trade Shard out of my dislike for him. I freaking love the guy, but would trade him in a heart beat if we got equal value back for him with shorter deals that will not only ensure our short term success, but our long term as well.

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

You guys really think Lewis will suck all season? I like him here a lot. He will be fine. This is a massive kneejerk reaction. You probably are also a huge fan of the backup QB on your favorite team.

Look I am just saying Lewis is overpaid and if someone will take him and we benefit like the trade I mentioned then you have to consider it. Many people used to say that we would never trade for VC and we did. So many thing that people say won't happen can happen. This trade makes sense for both sides.
Hes not being traded

/thread

Probably not and I am not the GM. If you think the trade is not a fair trade for both sides then say so.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

Faux Hawk, I can't wait until Shard starts heating up and you disappear into oblivion.

Shard, is a key cog to this team and is going to help us win our first world championship this year. Your trade idea sucks, and your Shard hatred is irrational.

I do not hate Shard...quite the contrary I think he is an important part, but overpaid part to this team. All I am saying is now that Hedo is not that the SF we need to move Shard there. I brought up the trade idea because of a conversation I had with another Magic fan. It is that simple. I never said I want to trade Shard out of my dislike for him. I freaking love the guy, but would trade him in a heart beat if we got equal value back for him with shorter deals that will not only ensure our short term success, but our long term as well.

If you think T-Mac and Lowry are equal value for Shard and AJ then you have lost your mind.

PS the Rockets aren't trading Battier for the trade exception.

I stand by my statement of this thread and trade idea being stupid. You may say you like Shard, but your willingness to trade him for a washed up bum like T-Mac is completely and utterly irrational. If you don't hate him, then you're fooling me and a bunch of other people on this messageboard because you have suggested moving Shard to other positions and that Ryan Anderson is in fact better than him too.

Give me a break. End this turd of a thread.

I still have bad memories of TMAC, and it might just be me, but no thanks. The guys just coming off surgery, and Rashard is a little rusty, but he's still a good player as shown tonight, so no thanks.

T'Mac will not be the same player after micro-fracture knee surgery. Maybe if he were 22 and had the surgery, nut at 30? T'Mac is done, not to mention he plays ZERO defense.

Shard plays good help defense. Everyone on this board only look at offensive production a player gives. How about the passes he gets to Dwight when Dwight is deep in the paint? All the haters here will soon change their mind when Rashard finds his rythm and starts lighting it up.

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

i'm really tired of fox hawks threads, lewis has had a slow start.

and why does houston trade their cap space?

weak, jareth weak

+1

Why all the trade talk all the time?? This is the best team we have had in years, possibly ever, and I keep seeing calls for trades all over this board.

The team has a great roster with incredible depth, and are still learning eachother. Once playoff time rolls around the Magic will be a well oiled machine with the best chance of winning a championship since 94-95.

All the trade talk is insulting to a team that has already gone through much adversity this season and carries a 13-4 record. No reason for a trade, just sit back and enjoy the ride.

I also don't understand all the trade talks... It's like we're at 7-10 and radical changes need to be made.

Rashard Lewis changed the face of the team and set a league wide trend that now favors a stretch PF. I fail to see how trading him for Tmac will help us out in a season where we are heavily favored to return to the NBA Finals.

Anderson is not as good as Rashard yet. We missed Rashard those first 10 games...especially against CLE. The guy is valuable to our success. That is why he was overpaid.

quote:
Originally posted by AddiFB:

I also don't understand all the trade talks... It's like we're at 7-10 and radical changes need to be made.

This is the exact point I brought up the trade. Right now we are in the best negotiating position of any team. WHY? Because we do not have to make a trade. However a team like the Rockets will have no cap room this summer if Ming takes his option which he will. They are the desperate team having to decide quickly what to do with TMAC and his contract that expires by the end of the season. You always should trade when you have the best negotiating position.

I love our team and I love our records, but a GM have to look not only at the short term but the long term. If Shard's contract ended a year or two early I would have no problem with it. But that is the problem. GThe way the contracts are set up we have no choice but to continue to take on MLE type players in the offseason or swing for the fences on a Star like Carter.

I base another reason for the trade on two separate reasons. First we have all seen how fragile Jameer is and second I think many would agree that by the time Lewis is on the decline in his career, Ryan Anderson will hopefully be our PF of the future next to Dwight, especially since he is younger. If we could swing a trade that nets us TMAC's expiring deal, Lowry and Battier I think that makes us better if all we lose is Lewis and Johnson.

Yes Lewis is a very very large piece to lose and I am not discounting that. But I am more optimistic that those 3 players would more than make up for the production we lose in Lewis and Johnson. Not to mention that Lowry is 10 times better than Johnson and Battier is a better defender and shooter than MP AND can defend Kobe. Anderson can more than hold it down of offense but his defense obviously will get better as he gets more minutes.

You take last night's game as an example. Everyone says Lewis is a better defender, but I watched that game and he was over matched all night and thus had 5 fouls. Teams like the C's, Cavs and Lakers we know will give us fits due to their size and strength at the PF position.

Again I am fine with the way we are, but if this deal was ever on the table (which it probably is not) then I would definitely think long and hard before I turned it down if I was Otis. If you really pick apart the trade it makes a lot of sense for both teams for the long term. Maybe not the short term for Orlando, but for the Long term it does.

Look at the Houston Lineup after the trade.

PG - Brooks

SG - Ariza

SF - Lewis

PF - Scola

C - Ming

That is a very very tough lineup and makes them contenders.

The magic would not need any production out of TMAC for it to be a good trade because Battier is a better defender and shooter than MP. Lowry is better than Johnson and maybe better than Williams, but definitely is the best long term back up for Jameer. Anderson could be hid on the court if needed, but I think his defense will not be a problem.

This would be the stupidest trade in our history. Well, mabye not. Lewis is just coming back. Give him a chance. He doesn't need to score as much with VC on the team. Have you noticed his rebounds? Don't forget his postup game. I think our team has played much better since he's been back. ESpecially on the defensive end. I think Lewis is a smart,unselfish player that brings a calming influence in some tight situations. Don't mess with this team right now. We have a winner!!!