Sign in to follow this  
Arex Bawrin

Please fire Ewing!

quote:
Originally posted by apexturbo:

quote:
Originally posted by robotmaster:

Did you actually see the second half of the game yesterday? Dwight actually started putting some effort in, and he absolutley dominated the court. Blocking shots, getting rebounds, stuffing it in. No one could do ****. Its all a matter of Dwight wanting to perform every night.

+1 I totally agree it is all in his mindset. As of right now Dwight has no mental toughness. Hopefully he will want to play his best everynight soon.

+2 you really cant pick that statment to pieces.

quote:
Originally posted by ElMayi:

If you think Ewing is the problem... think again

Anyone who has watched basketball for a while knows Stan can't coach an NBA team to a championship. He still makes the deepest NBA team not even look like a playoff team on many nights

Punch%20computer.jpg

I remember one play last year where Dwight made his typical move into the middle of the lane, seemingly for his patented baby hook. Instead, he faked the hook, reverse pivoted, and scored an easy layup. I thought that was perhaps the start of something beautiful, but I have yet to see him perform anything like it since. I do think that Dwight has greatly improved in his patience and passing ability out of the post this season, but I think we had all hoped to see at least one or two new moves after all of the reassurance he gave about working on his game over the summer.

It's impressive how many fire this guy, and trade that guy, and our superstar isn't very good (after his best performance of the year mind you) the team with the best record in the league can garner.

I can only assume that the Nets messageboard server has simply exploded long ago.

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

quote:
Originally posted by InsideoutO:

Dwight is the reason Dwight is not progressiong. Like PEC said his focus is on his image outside of basketball. All things he will have plenty of time to do when he retires from the game.

I agree we need a new big man coach. I think we should bring a new guy in every 2 years or so until Dwight shows the improvement and says, "This is the guy". I dont know if we should fire Ewing tho, I think he does alot as an assistant. Who knows tho.

GARBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was in the gym every single day working on his game regardless of what he did in between!!!!!!!!

evidence that delusional fans exist

Evidence YOU are wrong, go watch his videocasts on ustream

quote:
Originally posted by bringithomerashard:

This is miserable lol the guy has Dwight improving every year other than FT% which what can you do about that? he has good form he just can't knock them down

there is absolutely no reason to fire ewing, and if your upset his numbers are down, his minute are down and so are his shot attempts, vince carter is shootin an awful lot so

Dwight's minutes and numbers are down because he can't stay out of foul trouble.

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

BTW, does anyone know if Dwight really worked out with Hakeem?

There were reports that the two were together, but it was later revealed that the reporter had mistaken John Koncak for Hakeem.

We need Hakeem or Kareem or McHale to mentor Dwight. Rick Barry for free throws.

On the other hand though, I think Dwight messed up his only opportunity in years to work on his game this summer by travelling all over the place. He should've been in the gym day in and day out like Melo and Bosh, both of whom have shown GREAT improvements in their games.

Not saying that he didn't put in the work but he should have been focusing solely on basketball. He should have done those trips and commercials during his relaxation period then hit the gym hardER

quote:
Originally posted by Royal Bowie:

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

BTW, does anyone know if Dwight really worked out with Hakeem?

There were reports that the two were together, but it was later revealed that the reporter had mistaken John Koncak for Hakeem.

wow... sad

I'd like to see Kareem train Dwight, especially after Andrew declining Kareem's services already. A skyhook will be best for Dwight.