Sign in to follow this  
sharp/7/shooter

Game Thread: Miami Heat vs Orlando Magic (WED NOV 25 7:30 PM EST)

The typical script from a Heat/Magic game.

Wade lights us up, no matter who we put on him.

They have no answer for Dwight.

We win.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Be thankful for your families and what you have, and be extremely safe and careful out there.

My best to all.

Difference between tonight's game and the past magic/heat games is Wade actually has to play defense tonight. No more standing in the corner, resting, while keep an eye on lee, bogans, mp. He has to defend Vince, and because of that, he won't have as much energy to go off on offense.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

Difference between tonight's game and the past magic/heat games is Wade actually has to play defense tonight. No more standing in the corner, resting, while keep an eye on lee, bogans, mp. He has to defend Vince, and because of that, he won't have as much energy to go off on offense.

couldnt the same be said for Vince? vice versa?

Either way, Magic win tonight! I hope to keep VC's minutes down so he can be rockin tomorrow against ATL...Redick can hold down some minutes tonight.

2000 posts baby! I'm an allstar now, but I believe I was already one...am I right?

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

couldnt the same be said for Vince? vice versa?

Either way, Magic win tonight! I hope to keep VC's minutes down so he can be rockin tomorrow against ATL...Redick can hold down some minutes tonight.

2000 posts baby! I'm an allstar now, but I believe I was already one...am I right?

WRONG! hehe j/k

quote:
Originally posted by gigapika:

do you guys think that vc should play at 3 tonight? cuz pietrus is capable to defend D-Wade and so vince will have an advantage against James Jones

I don't care who we or anyone else has, unless your committed to a complete trapping double team type of defense, Wade will get his period.

You just have to keep him honest and make him make the most difficult shots possible. But when he is on, he is one of the true unstoppables in the league.

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

quote:

do you guys think that vc should play at 3 tonight? cuz pietrus is capable to defend D-Wade and so vince will have an advantage against James Jones

I don't care who we or anyone else has, unless your committed to a complete trapping double team type of defense, Wade will get his period.

You just have to keep him honest and make him make the most difficult shots possible. But when he is on, he is one of the true unstoppables in the league.

that's what i mean...M-Pietrus is the best defender that can make d-wade force shots on our team

quote:

quote:

quote:

that's what i mean...M-Pietrus is the best defender that can make d-wade force shots on our team

Problem is that Pietrus can be a bit foul prone, especially with the leeway Wade can pull.

My opinion is that you go with what you have and just don't let the rest of the team (O'Neal, Beasley, and Chalmers) beat you.

Hell, Wade put up 40+ against Lee last year, and by most he was our best perimeter defender.

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan-Aussie Magic:

Wade Vince and Dwight all go +25, Lewis won't be too far behind them.

VC will play the two, and Pietrus the 3 as normal, but Pietrus will cover Wade for sure...

quote:

Hell, Wade put up 40+ against Lee last year, and by most he was our best perimeter defender.

No one thought Lee was a better perimeter defender than Pietrus, at least not against the Superstars like Wade, Kobe, or LeBron.

Lee was better at guarding small, quick guards like Mo, House, etc.