Sign in to follow this  
one9

Vince Carter- Style of Play

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

lol the announcers dont say "VC isnt playing championship calibur basketball"..

they just always say how he's better when he gets to the rim. Which get's annoying becuz VC got to the rim far more than Wade did last night...

and did you miss the part where they said, along with Jalen Rose.

"VC has the most god given talent when it comes to playing basketball. Big hands. Hops. Athleticism. Can shoot the ball. He's virtually unstoppable driving in the paint."

or do you just love to leave out any positives about VC. Like hitting that shot last night. Probably made you cringe. I felt bad for you after that shot.

And don't try telling me it's Vince's fault Dwight takes little shots. Did you watch the game last night? Dwight isnt capable of doing anything on offense unlesss he's 3 feet from the rim, or running a pick. He cant free himself up without elbowing the opponent in the neck.

He has to work for the ball, until he gets a finesse game down.

Did you forget the part where the annoucners were ripping Dwight as well? "This team cant revolve around Dwight on offense until he gets a finesse game down. And with him not stepping up his defense he's not as good."

Yeah those were the exact words, I have it on my DVR right now. VC does not know how to play Championship caliber basketball consistently. Offensively he does sometimes and defense, well never.

Actually they said Dwight needs to be aggressive, they also said he never gets the ball an his teammates don't look for him. Are you really going to blame a guy who took 5 shots?

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:

dude ****...plz he fcking tried to save us blame DH and ft's

Your an idiot and know nothing about basketball.

He tried to save us? How about play some defense and don't blame Dwight, he took 5 shots and is losing interest playing with a bunch of guys who have no interest in passing him the ball.

k.. come back when dwight actually plays ...like really man.. Brook Lopez is Dominating 32 points/14 Rebounds/ 2 Blocks..Matter a fact Greg Oden is actually playing these past 2 games for christ sakes..

this is a joke, let me show you this..

brook lopez shot attempts his last 10 games

18, 16, 17, 12, 18, 27, 10, 12, 4, 25

average of 15.9

Dwight:

10, 13, 3, 14, 5, 7, 4, 13, 5, 14

average of 8.8

OF COURSE LOPEZ NUMBERS WILL BE BETTER, maybe if dwight would get consistent shot attempts he would put up the numbers were used to and people would stop complaining.

maybe if vince carters average shots per game over the past 10 games wasn't 19 dwight could have a few more shots, not to mention over that span shooting 39%

Don't compare these guys to Dwight, Dwight is not getting the ball nearly enough to produce like were used to

Vince... supposed to be the savior this season right? For now, I only see the style of play from Vince that is similar to Hedo of last year.

Where are all the Hedo haters from last year who are blindly worshipping Vince now?

Vince:

-Step-back 3s early in shot-clock

-Average to poor defense

-Chucks up >17 shots with <45 FG%

-Doesn't get Dwight and others involved early in the game

-Doesn't attack the basket much

-A couple of assists and rebounds

-When he is playing with subs, chucks up a lot instead of assisting

Vince:

-Average to poor defense

-Chucks up <17 shots with <45 FG%

-Gets Dwight and other teammates involved

early in the game

-Attacks the basket some

-Minimum 4 assists and 4 rebounds per game

-When he is playing with subs, involves them in the game and creates plays

In my opinion, Vince is a good player, but if Otiz and Stan wanted Dwight to grow into the leader role and improve his game, they should not have got Vince. They should have stayed with Hedo who would never take the spotlight from Dwight while still being as productive. Vince is always #1 guy in any team he goes to. I am sure Dwight doesn't feel perfectly ok that NBA/ESPN now shows Vince as the face of the franchise.

quote:
Originally posted by bringithomerashard:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:

dude ****...plz he fcking tried to save us blame DH and ft's

Your an idiot and know nothing about basketball.

He tried to save us? How about play some defense and don't blame Dwight, he took 5 shots and is losing interest playing with a bunch of guys who have no interest in passing him the ball.

k.. come back when dwight actually plays ...like really man.. Brook Lopez is Dominating 32 points/14 Rebounds/ 2 Blocks..Matter a fact Greg Oden is actually playing these past 2 games for christ sakes..

this is a joke, let me show you this..

brook lopez shot attempts his last 10 games

18, 16, 17, 12, 18, 27, 10, 12, 4, 25

average of 15.9

Dwight:

10, 13, 3, 14, 5, 7, 4, 13, 5, 14

average of 8.8

OF COURSE LOPEZ NUMBERS WILL BE BETTER, maybe if dwight would get consistent shot attempts he would put up the numbers were used to and people would stop complaining.

maybe if vince carters average shots per game over the past 10 games wasn't 19 dwight could have a few more shots, not to mention over that span shooting 39%

Don't compare these guys to Dwight, Dwight is not getting the ball nearly enough to produce like were used to

Well I'll say that last night Dwight played like we are used to in the second half and oh was it nice to see. I just hope it is here to stay. The offense ran inside out and Carter played a solid role... although AJ made Carter look like Gramps... Carter will be at his best with this team if he drives early and we as a team play inside out. Dwight needs to hustle on every play and work for the boards. That is what makes him successful is when he outworks his opponent on every possesion.

one of the reasons howard has low shot attempts is because of his high number of turn overs. another is because of the double teams and he is fouled or passes. until he can shoot free throws he will struggle on offense. shot attempts are not his problem.

quote:
Originally posted by ma:

Vince... supposed to be the savior this season right? For now, I only see the style of play from Vince that is similar to Hedo of last year.

Where are all the Hedo haters from last year who are blindly worshipping Vince now?

Vince:

-Average to poor defense

-Chucks up >17 shots with <45 FG%

-Doesn't get Dwight and others involved early in the game

-Doesn't attack the basket much

-A couple of assists and rebounds

-When he is playing with subs, chucks up a lot instead of assisting

Vince:

-Average to poor defense

-Chucks up <17 shots with <45 FG%

-Gets Dwight and other teammates involved

early in the game

-Attacks the basket some

-Minimum 4 assists and 4 rebounds per game

-When he is playing with subs, involves them in the game and creates plays

In my opinion, Vince is a good player, but if Otiz and Stan wanted Dwight to grow into the leader role and improve his game, they should not have got Vince. They should have stayed with Hedo who would never take the spotlight from Dwight while still being as productive. Vince is always #1 guy in any team he goes to. I am sure Dwight doesn't feel perfectly ok that NBA/ESPN now shows Vince as the face of the franchise.

I think you need to take a gander at my signature.

who's this guy who just listed a bunch of random negative **** lol. I'm getting the feeling VaBach=Trex=every other hater.

it's really easy.

You have a dominate Center. The best Center in the game. When does a center win all by himself?

You have an all star guard. Who can create his own shot. And hit BIG shots. When can these guys carry a team to win by themselves?

You need both to go far. That's what we have. We've never had the two since Penny Shaq days.

Carter might not be vintage anymore, but he's still a go to guy who hits big shots and creates, and Rashard Lewis, and Jameer Nelson do more than just make up for it.

therefore I don't see any probs.

go to All star Guard+Dominant Center=distance. Kobe+Shaq=3peat. Pierce,Allen+KG=champ. Wade+Shaq=champ. Kobe+Gasol=champs. Parker,Ginobli+Duncan=champs.

Carter,Shard+Dwight=?

we'll see. We have 2 years.

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

one of the reasons howard has low shot attempts is because of his high number of turn overs. another is because of the double teams and he is fouled or passes. until he can shoot free throws he will struggle on offense. shot attempts are not his problem.

oh really? because he never had a lot of turnovers in the past few years and he was never double teamed the past few years? lol come on. the guy had 3, 5, 7, 4 5 shot attempts that shouldn't happen your telling me that has nothing to do with it? come on...

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

Carter's average shots per game this season is 16.8, not 19, and he's shooting 41% fg(no one is bragging about this %) and 40% 3pt.

lay off the haterade.

i didn't say the season if you go back and read i said the last 10 games is 19, and over those last 10 he is shooting less than 40%

Just pointing out that others shots will decrease when Carter is shooting that much