Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Magic signed Bass to guard the Amir Johnson's of the NBA?(update pg.2)

Can not wait for Bass to get some game time. But as long as Barnes mins are going down im a happy chappy! Redick deserves those mins over Barnes by heaps.. Im just thinking now does Bass deserve Anderson's mins. I think Bass does better with the 2nd unit but Anderson plays better with the 1st unit (when the floor is spread better)

I agree about the winning. But I kinda feel bad for Bass..He deserves a role on a(this) team.. I'd love to see him out there. Sadly, this team is stacked at bigs. I have a feeling Otis has plans for Bass in the long run when Gortat is gone/traded.

Can't say the same for Barnes..He hasn't done anything all year to warrant PT over JJ...

quote:
Originally posted by apexturbo:

I seriously think Bass is here for one reason. That reason is to guard Gasol...

I thought it was to back-up Dwight after Gortat gets traded.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:
Originally posted by apexturbo:

I seriously think Bass is here for one reason. That reason is to guard Gasol...

I thought it was to back-up Dwight after Gortat gets traded.

Gortat doesn't need to be traded. He's a good backup and the way Howard gets in foul trouble these days I feel more comfortable knowing that Gortat is our backup center.

From the Sentinel...

quote:

"I think we're a better team with me out there," Bass said. "But we're winning, so there's really nothing I can say."

Bass said that he thought he'd play even when Lewis returned from a 10-game suspension, but Coach Stan Van Gundy has given Lewis major minutes, with Ryan Anderson backing him up.

He likes the way Anderson and Lewis, both 6-10, spread the floor as 3-point threats. Bass, 6-8, 250 pounds, can shoot from mid-range, but also has struggled defensively.

"I know it's not an easy thing for players," Van Gundy said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com...7972219.story?page=1

quote:
Originally posted by BillFan:

For me its easy..Give Bass most of Barnes' minutes....

Bass and Barnes will be attractive trade pieces later if Jameer stays injury prone and we need another point. Barnes is used to being shipped from one team to another.

I think SVG is trying to get a rotation going and set up roles. I believe Bass will see his time pretty soon. I just hope he isn't frustrated. His automatic mid-range jumper can be very useful for us. And his size also. Come play off time I think we'll see him bangin' with the big guys in there, pause.