Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

PGs to target via trade...

Our two main holes on this team are SG & PG. Now, this offseason we can possibly fill both holes but it might take some slick wheelin' and dealing. I feel we can fill the SG position via Free Agency. Since there are no good PGs in FA (besides "Big Shot") I think we can get a good one via trade. I don't know how but I have a list of who we should target. The following PGs are players who can be attained since their teams aren't too high on them.

Andre Miller ($10M)

Luke Ridnour ($6M)

Jarrett Jack (rookie contract)

Rajon Rondo (rookie contract)

I feel any of these players will be an upgrade at the PG position. Do you agree with me? If not, who else can we realisticly target in a trade and how much should we give up?

Our two main holes on this team are SG & PG. Now, this offseason we can possibly fill both holes but it might take some slick wheelin' and dealing. I feel we can fill the SG position via Free Agency. Since there are no good PGs in FA (besides "Big Shot") I think we can get a good one via trade. I don't know how but I have a list of who we should target. The following PGs are players who can be attained since their teams aren't too high on them.

Andre Miller ($10M)

Luke Ridnour ($6M)

Jarrett Jack (rookie contract)

Rajon Rondo (rookie contract)

I feel any of these players will be an upgrade at the PG position. Do you agree with me? If not, who else can we realisticly target in a trade and how much should we give up?

I believe Philly is very high on Miller an Seattle still likes Ridnour.

In anycase id only target them two rather Jack an Rondo. We dnt need more young players. We need experience an leadership. Miller would be number one on my list an like ive said before maybe Meer, Augustine an maybe Bogans or future picks might be enough. I still like the idea of Duhon here. Devin Harris might be available after Dallas's shock exit. Also maybe we could get Marcus Williams from NJ. Give em some frontcourt help which they need. Though we only have Augie to give. But maybe throw in some future picks.

Andre Miller - I think Philly are big on this guy and why wouldn't you be. This is a very good point guard. They need some help in the big department and better depth and they'll be alright, with Miller holding the reigns, not bad, not bad at all.

Luke Ridnour - The most likely of the bunch. However, I think he was the most attainable prior to Coach Bob Hill' sacking. However who knows what the future holds now. He's a very quality player and general, if I were Coach of Seattle Ridnour would be staying.

Jarrett Jack. He played a solid season, therefore I see no reason for them to dish him off. A very good point guard. I believe they are strong on him and I follow the Blazers closely, but they are big on Spanish Chocolate (I think thats right)

Rajon Rondo - With Bas out of the fold, I can't see them getting rid of Rondo, nor would I be interested. One of those players for me that looks good in every other jersey but my team.

Nice mention by Spenny on Duhon, I'd like an attempt at this kind of player. Marcus Williams has a bright future for Jersey, behind JKidd that was the perfect situation for him coming out of College.

For me Ridnour, Duhon, Jasikevicius(I am telling you all, give this guy the opportunity, lol) Jannero Pargo.

I wouldn't touch Rondo, he would be a downgrade, he can't shoot.

Any of those other guys would be good although they each have something about them that we would not like (except maybe Jack but, Portland will fight for him).

A couple of people mentioned Duhon, that would be the one I would go after in a big way. He's streaky but we want a distributor anyway, he would fit like a glove. Not sure how to get him though, Chi wants a post guy and I'm not about to give up Darko for a PG, unless it is a GREAT PG.

We could get Duhon

"Coming up big were the New York Knicks, who stood to lose Oden or Durant from the Eddy Curry deal if the Bulls got lucky.

But the slight odds of less than 2 percent to move up to No. 1 stayed against the Bulls.

Of course, the Bulls now have an opportunity to include the draft pick in a deal with a player such as Andres Nocioni or Chris Duhon, to acquire a front-court player."

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketba...l=cs-bulls-headlines

quote:
Originally posted by spenny:

We could get Duhon

"Coming up big were the New York Knicks, who stood to lose Oden or Durant from the Eddy Curry deal if the Bulls got lucky.

But the slight odds of less than 2 percent to move up to No. 1 stayed against the Bulls.

Of course, the Bulls now have an opportunity to include the draft pick in a deal with a player such as Andres Nocioni or Chris Duhon, to acquire a front-court player."

Sign an trade Milicic for their pick an Duhon. Sounds great. We use their pick (9th I believe) to simply draft another big man. Especially since this years draft is deep on bigs we woud gain another big to replace Milicic an get our PG.

quote:

quote:

We could get Duhon

Sign an trade Milicic for their pick an Duhon. Sounds great. We use their pick (9th I believe) to simply draft another big man. Especially since this years draft is deep on bigs we woud gain another big to replace Milicic an get our PG.

If we could pick up Duhon, Nocioni and the 9 pick for Darko and whatever, then I would do it. That seems like a lot though but there are options there at 9, for instance, PHX is rumored to love Noah. If we were to trade them some depth and the 9 pick so they could grab Noah, for say Marion then we have a 1, a 3, and a 4 that can all defend and score.

I like it guys! Keep suggesting these trade scenarios. The players you are suggesting we get are getting better and better.

p.s. Why don't you e-mail Otis this?

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:

quote:

We could get Duhon

If we could pick up Duhon, Nocioni and the 9 pick for Darko and whatever, then I would do it. That seems like a lot though but there are options there at 9, for instance, PHX is rumored to love Noah. If we were to trade them some depth and the 9 pick so they could grab Noah, for say Marion then we have a 1, a 3, and a 4 that can all defend and score.

Gee whiz what a line up that would be

Duhon

Redick

Marion

Nocioni

Howard

im telling you darko will stay and jj will get a shot at sg. we would be absolutely stupid to give this guy to a rival. we should be talking about a new coach more than people who will not make a difference in the bottom line. nelson did poorly this year but with the right coach he could do well. he just needs better direction and to do as told if not he sits. i say get a coach, then pg, then scorer to come off the bench. we dont need a high priced star.jacklj