Sign in to follow this  
DarkoHero

Your the GM -- Pick Your coach!

Alright, your the GM right now. You've got 100% control of B. Hill's job. Take your pick below, then back up your choice below. Assume you can have any of the unemployed coaches right now.

Alright, your the GM right now. You've got 100% control of B. Hill's job. Take your pick below, then back up your choice below. Assume you can have any of the unemployed coaches right now.

Wow... Left Adelman, Iavaroni, and Donovan off of that list? I actually prefer it in this order 1. Iavaroni....2. Donovan.....3. Adelman

quote:
Originally posted by RoBo2002:

Wow... Left Adelman, Iavaroni, and Donovan off of that list? I actually prefer it in this order 1. Iavaroni....2. Donovan.....3. Adelman

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be exclusive, but I had six options. I really don't think any of your choices will take us "over the top." My opinion, but I want a "proven" winner and coach.

I fully understand your logic of wanting a "proven" winner. With that said, have you read Adelmans resume? The man has made it to the playoffs almost every year of his career, whereas the coach we have now has made it 4 times out of his career (in which he has gone out of them in a sweep EVERY TIME).

Donovan is the second coach in NCAA history to win back to back championships. On top of that he actually PLAYED basketball. He went to the final four with Boston College, and played for a short bit on the New York Knicks, so he knows what the NBA game is about. With his college coaching background, he has shown that he can develop young talent (which is what our roster is mostly comprised of).

Iavaroni is an assistant coach who was worked with the likes of Pat Riley (to develop his defensive mindset) and is a large part to the Suns offensive set. We have the talent to run like the Suns, with tweaks to better suit our players. I think the biggest of them all is he has specialized in coaching big guys. Dwight NEEDS someone to work with his offensive game, and seeing what Iavaroni and crew did to Amares offensive game gets me salivating at the thought of what Dwight could be.

"If I was magically Bob Vanderweide right now, since I've taken this long to pull the trigger I would wait for the votes to happen this afternoon.

The INSTANT that was finished I would fire Brian Hill, and set up a news conference at noon on Wednesday to announce the great news. (Tuesday would be spent crossing the Ts and dotting the Is, not to mention getting in touch with every canadate possible)

When I looked up, since "the old me" dragged my feet so long in the first place over the past 3 weeks, Houston will have announced that they have signed Rick Adelman to be their head coach.

Shoot.

Well, in that case, I'd hire Rick Carlisle as soon as humanly possible to take me to the promised land, unless a guy like Marc Iavaroni (and probably only him) knocked me off my feet with his interview.

In any case, I'd stay far far away from the Larry Browns, Jeff Van Gundys, and Billy Donovans of the world since all they'd give me is a quick positive splash on the Sentinal in the short run and a demoralized, overworked roster in the long run.

Isn't that why we're firing Brian Hill in the first place?

Anyway, after a week or two of crazy coach interviews and an eventual hire, I'd go back to trying to help secure the arena vote while Otis does what he does best... improve our basketball team with the goal of going DEEP into the playoffs as early as next season!

Then after winning 46 games and barely losing in the Eastern Conference Finals next season, showing scary improvement, then I plan on a solid three weeks of white water rafting.

I think I'll have earned it after getting national respect for my head coach, a much improved season, and a brand spanking new arena under going construction.

Besides, I have to get away from that Knappy guy who calls my office 32 times a week, still thanking me for Brian's firing. I may need a restraining order, but I'm not worried.

Ah. The joy of being da BVW."

Bill Laimbeer hands down! The V G's are quitters, Ivaroni is unproven, Carlisle seems to have a personality disorder and I think Donovan should stay in Gainsville.

Adelman would've been nice but he appears to be out of the equation now.

The thought of Darko playing the high post like Laimbeer and Dwight being thew new and improved Rick Mahorn is very appealing.

Since Adelman, Stan Van Gundy, and Ivaroni seem to be off the list here is my new realistic wish list.

Rick Carlisle, Bill Laimbeer, and Billy Donovan in that order.

No, I don't think Coach K is a possibility.

quote:
The V G's are quitters,

Would you care to elaborate on this because I am truly confused by it.