Sign in to follow this  
~O~

Dude..Guess What Happened to Me?

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

I've had a 360 and a PS3, I liked the PS3 better.

Having said that, I had my PS3 for about a year and out of nowhere it stopped reading disks. My roommate and I were playing The Show one night until about 2am, then the next day around noon I tried to play and the PS3 acted like there wasn't a disk in there, it wouldn't load. I tried putting in another game, nothing. I tried all of my games, nope. I tried putting in a DVD, nope. Whatever in the machine reads the disks somehow died.

I just bought a PS3 last week. I've seen an article that says the WII is four times more reliable than the PS3 and 10 times more reliable than the Xbox 360.

Wii...seems like a childs system to me..but I guess..I have no choice.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

I've had a 360 and a PS3, I liked the PS3 better.

Having said that, I had my PS3 for about a year and out of nowhere it stopped reading disks. My roommate and I were playing The Show one night until about 2am, then the next day around noon I tried to play and the PS3 acted like there wasn't a disk in there, it wouldn't load. I tried putting in another game, nothing. I tried all of my games, nope. I tried putting in a DVD, nope. Whatever in the machine reads the disks somehow died.

I just bought a PS3 last week. I've seen an article that says the WII is four times more reliable than the PS3 and 10 times more reliable than the Xbox 360.

Wii...seems like a childs system to me..but I guess..I have no choice.

Wii sucks. Its built for the casual gamer and thus gets robbed of the more intricate and in depth games.

New x-boxes shouldn't have a RROD problem anymore.

Mario Cart on the Wii is one of the best games around.As is smash brothers, if you are into Nintendo type games its a fun system. Saying that, I base this off the time I take to play it whenever I go to bestbuy.

I'm on my 4th 360; all my 3 previous systems fell victim to the RROD. Their support is as helpful and informative as an outsourced company can be, but what a pain it is to explain to my son why he can't play Lego Star Wars for a week or two at a time. He does love the Wii, though, and no problems at all with it.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman Forever:

I'm on my 4th 360; all my 3 previous systems fell victim to the RROD. Their support is as helpful and informative as an outsourced company can be, but what a pain it is to explain to my son why he can't play Lego Star Wars for a week or two at a time. He does love the Wii, though, and no problems at all with it.

Customer service was great for me as well. I got my new system in about 3 days,

I fixed mine from a tutorial on youtube. Its really not that hard, just some simple steps and tools and mine has been working for a year now.

PM me if you need more details.

I bought one of the original 360's when they first came out, put on that Nyco Intercooler fan add on, and I have never had an issue.

Also, if you are going to buy two systems, make one of them a Wii. It's a lot of fun, and because it's more for the casual gamer, it's a lot friendlier for random gaming nights with friends if not everyone is into video games as much as you.

Xbox Live is a better online system for gaming versus the PS3 online option, but it also cost $40 a year or so, while the PS3 is free.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

I bought one of the original 360's when they first came out, put on that Nyco Intercooler fan add on, and I have never had an issue.

Also, if you are going to buy two systems, make one of them a Wii. It's a lot of fun, and because it's more for the casual gamer, it's a lot friendlier for random gaming nights with friends if not everyone is into video games as much as you.

Xbox Live is a better online system for gaming versus the PS3 online option, but it also cost $40 a year or so, while the PS3 is free.

it ends up being $40 for 13 months. but live gets you access to microsoft networks while the ps3 uses your own.

I spilled 1 tiny drop of water on my ps3 controller and it fried it. PS3 controllers cost about 50+ bucks. I had to buy a logitech one that doesn't have the axis feature.

I also have a 360 that sounds like it's taking off for flight everytime I play it.

My Wii wouldn't work until I did a hard reboot.

My point being. All video game systems have their faults.