Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Neo is slowly playing himself into a permanent starter

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

nelson lewis anderson bass dwight lineup

We see things far differently,..

Not only pondering against Who? and asking why and what in the world for in regards to that lineup. Let me teach you why if we were opposing coaches I'd put you at the top of my Christmas gift list,..seriously.

For you allowing me destroy a championship team by exploiting flawed design. To steal the win against a roster that otherwise would have been a formidable force,..and no matter what team I was given to script in manner of countering as the opponent.

First things first,.. I was going to continue to ignore you because via an array of your " play me " posts directed at me. Clearly you want to provoke me to " play you " to proclaim I'm picking on a Mod,..after the ISO mismatch.

But this is a pure basketball teachable moment that can actually serve as Magic fans getting a good grasp on the fidelity. Of the why and why not orchestration of their team and identify who's who in regards to offering enlightenment on what's what in regards to game grasp,..so here's to dishing that assist.

For Starters:

Aside from clogging your own paint by design in flooring dual non shooting bigs in Howard and Bass on the floor together,..that not only kills any ability of them scoring it's a recipe for them picking up fouls and even complicates their rebounding by welcoming that crowding as well.

Flaws off the Fringe:

Because in that process you'd also be allowing / welcoming opponents to complicate and eradicate young Ryan Anderson's shooting forte. By allowing them to severely challenge in a form of feasting on his still developing but current lack of demanding respect from any ball skills,..look at array of turnovers he was forced into in the Philly game.

As well as in that heap of trouble you'd isolate Nelson as a small ball point. As the only true ball handler on the floor with extremely limited options and nothing to create with nor from. Begging them to lock onto exploiting his lack of size taking both the shot and pass away from him,..taking the paint options away from your own PG is the best way to help opponents take away everything he needs as support and completely bottle him up.

That's not all:

You'd be rendering Rashard as a sole exclusive range shooter that would have no chance to set up his range looks. Because defenders you'd allow to pack the paint would void any threat or opportunity for him to neither attack lane nor fill any creases to get clean looks for the tall ball mid range shot either,..you reduce him to just being tall and no threat at all.

Wait there's more:

Where to top it all off you'd also be jeopardizing depleting the PF position in that lineup,..Gortat would be the only other big to rotate in to transform that mess from worst to even,... " worser."

All that to orchestrate disabling floor spacing, bottling up your own ball movement and stifling your own ability to score. Which would ensure losing against 98 percent of the teams in the NBA in both sciences of offensive sets and on defense in the transition game with that multi faceted gift,..[/b]

So ugh, ugh and not even in practice,..because by every basketball dynamic of flow and augment fit known to mankind. That sacrificial serving would be absolute DISASTER waiting to happen for an array of reasons,..the only way you get floor spacing in that mix is during dead ball commercial breaks,.. after you're forced to foul in frustration and a combo matter of necessity.

quote:
Originally posted by HoopsCzar:

quote:

Not only pondering against Who? and asking why and what in the world for in regards to that lineup. Let me teach you why if we were opposing coaches I'd put you at the top of my Christmas gift list,..seriously.

For you allowing me destroy a championship team by exploiting flawed design. To steal the win against a roster that otherwise would have been a formidable force,..and no matter what team I was given to script in manner of countering as the opponent.

First things first,.. I was going to continue to ignore you because via an array of your " play me " posts directed at me. Clearly you want to provoke me to " play you " to proclaim I'm picking on a Mod,..after the ISO mismatch.

But this is a pure basketball teachable moment that can actually serve as Magic fans getting a good grasp on the fidelity. Of the why and why not orchestration of their team and identify who's who in regards to offering enlightenment on what's what in regards to game grasp,..so here's to dishing that assist.

For Starters:

Aside from clogging your own paint by design in flooring dual non shooting bigs in Howard and Bass on the floor together,..that not only kills any ability of them scoring it's a recipe for them picking up fouls and even complicates their rebounding by welcoming that crowding as well.

Flaws off the Fringe:

Because in that process you'd also be allowing / welcoming opponents to complicate and eradicate young Ryan Anderson's shooting forte. By allowing them to severely challenge in a form of feasting on his still developing but current lack of demanding respect from any ball skills,..look at array of turnovers he was forced into in the Philly game.

As well as in that heap of trouble you'd isolate Nelson as a small ball point. As the only true ball handler on the floor with extremely limited options and nothing to create with nor from. Begging them to lock onto exploiting his lack of size taking both the shot and pass away from him,..taking the paint options away from your own PG is the best way to help opponents take away everything he needs as support and completely bottle him up.

That's not all:

You'd be rendering Rashard as a sole exclusive range shooter that would have no chance to set up his range looks. Because defenders you'd allow to pack the paint would void any threat or opportunity for him to neither attack lane nor fill any creases to get clean looks for the tall ball mid range shot either,..you reduce him to just being tall and no threat at all.

Wait there's more:

Where to top it all off you'd also be jeopardizing depleting the PF position in that lineup,..Gortat would be the only other big to rotate in to transform that mess from worst to even,... " worser."

All that to orchestrate disabling floor spacing, bottling up your own ball movement and stifling your own ability to score. Which would ensure losing against 98 percent of the teams in the NBA in both sciences of offensive sets and on defense in the transition game with that multi faceted gift,..

So ugh, ugh and not even in practice,..because by every basketball dynamic of flow and augment fit known to mankind. That sacrificial serving would be absolute DISASTER waiting to happen for an array of reasons,..the only way you get floor spacing in that mix is during dead ball commercial breaks,.. after you're forced to foul in frustration and a combo matter of necessity.

If Lewis4thewin is serious about that lineup, your arguments are certainly relevant ones.

im pretty sure he was serious for about 0% of that statement however.

quote:
Originally posted by FloridianaJones:

quote:
Originally posted by HoopsCzar:

quote:

For Starters:

Flaws off the Fringe:

That's not all:

Wait there's more:

All that to orchestrate disabling floor spacing, bottling up your own ball movement and stifling your own ability to score. Which would ensure losing against 98 percent of the teams in the NBA in both sciences of offensive sets and on defense in the transition game with that multi faceted gift,..

If Lewis4thewin is serious about that lineup, your arguments are certainly relevant ones.

im pretty sure he was serious for about 0% of that statement however.

Dont stop him let him keep going, this is like the 5th post in a row by Czar that people are actually able to understand.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Tonight shows exactly why he should go to the bench when Shard is back. He's beyond worthless when he's not making threes.

what he said ^

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

what i want to see is how RA adjusts his game when his 3 point shot isn't falling on a particular night.

well we saw it and it's official, RA has no offensive game if it wasn't for the 3 point line

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

Dont stop him let him keep going, this is like the 5th post in a row by Czar that people are actually able to understand.

Here's the irony,..

Granted missing Rashard and Pietrus is big and this is no time to discount that.

But the very ground we just covered is as close to exactly what Stan Van Gundy tried tonight,..and look what happened.

We saw Dwight get crowded, Anderson pressed, and Nelson get bottled up and it derailed any offensive dominance.

There should have been more Matt Barnes at SG and not SF. For more ball pressure, off guard ball movement and help rebounding.

More Jason Williams at PG for offense and ball distribution,..he out produced Nelson in 1/3 of the floor time.

Along with less Vince shooting and sliding up to undersized SF and passing off the draw,..VC can handle the ball but he's never been a fluent passer and Barnes is a far better creator.

Which would have forced more defensive movement and left Howard more room to play Wallace on the blocks,..only getting 17 minutes out of him spared the Piston's and was more than even they could have hoped for.

Which with that none of that happening the crowding was allowed, the grabbing started, fouls mounted and frustration sat in,..it was as if Stan had no idea what that was going to produce / reduce.

Because with Shard not available and Ryan Anderson's inability to avoid ball pressure with his inability to create his own shot,..his only forte on the floor.

Allowed the Pistons to take advantage of his lack of ball skills and took his shot away,..28 minutes of 2-14 was the result.

Which collectively killed the spacing and allowed the Pistons defenders to shrink the floor to take the team out of it's style of play,..and they countered both offensively challenged Bass and Gortat with nothing but big sized sub's.

This team is short handed and missing the players they are will make scripting them a lot easier when they return.

But fact remains if you know X's and O's it's without question that this loss was very avoidable and it was a loss by flawed design,..and another instance where Stan showed he's still got a lot to learn.