Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Neo is slowly playing himself into a permanent starter

I was against the idea of starting Anderson. I just didn't think he could help Dwight enough inside. That's why I said lets either start Bass and move Lewis to the SF when hes back or just keep Lewis at the PF like last year.

But I'm really turning around on Neo. He is ice cold fromt he three point line. But even better than that is he is not afraid to go down into the post and really mix it up, and help protect Dwight. That period in the first quarter were he single handedly out rebounded the Raptors twice on one play just showed his toughness.

If he keeps playing like this, even if his point production falls a bit, I think SVG has no choice but to start him and move Lewis back to SF. He satisfies everything that we want. He can spread the floor, but he also can play D, and I personally thinks he crashes the boards much harder then Lewis. No knock on Lewis, I just think he is much more of a finesse player.

So Neo, I'm right now grilling up some crow and slatherin it with some terriyaki sauce, keep proving me wrong.

I was against the idea of starting Anderson. I just didn't think he could help Dwight enough inside. That's why I said lets either start Bass and move Lewis to the SF when hes back or just keep Lewis at the PF like last year.

But I'm really turning around on Neo. He is ice cold fromt he three point line. But even better than that is he is not afraid to go down into the post and really mix it up, and help protect Dwight. That period in the first quarter were he single handedly out rebounded the Raptors twice on one play just showed his toughness.

If he keeps playing like this, even if his point production falls a bit, I think SVG has no choice but to start him and move Lewis back to SF. He satisfies everything that we want. He can spread the floor, but he also can play D, and I personally thinks he crashes the boards much harder then Lewis. No knock on Lewis, I just think he is much more of a finesse player.

So Neo, I'm right now grilling up some crow and slatherin it with some terriyaki sauce, keep proving me wrong.

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

stop calling him Neo

Good luck getting that to happen. Thats been his nickname on these boards since we made the trade.

It's like having a raw Shard playing at the 4 who has a touch more D.

If RA can get the weight on in the next few season (he will) and become a solid defender, there's no reason he won't start.

Perfect combo with Dwight, spreads the floor, gets boards, team player.

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan-Aussie Magic:

It's like having a raw Shard playing at the 4 who has a touch more D.

If RA can get the weight on in the next few season (he will) and become a solid defender, there's no reason he won't start.

Perfect combo with Dwight, spreads the floor, gets boards, team player.

Ryan Anderson outweighs Lewis by 10 pounds (240-230 and I don't think Lewis weighs 230 soaking wet). Lewis might be a better on ball defender against a Chris Bosh or KG but how many PF in this league can put the ball on the floor like them. Anderson will put up a better fight in the post with his size and muscle advantage. I haven't seen Lewis play as tough as Anderson has in the post these last 3 games in his entire career at Orlando.

Again no knock on Lewis, because he is simply not a natural PF. He is a SF and he gives up a lot of things when he plays the 4. I'm not saying he doesn't do a good job doing it but I bet Neo Can do it better. Anderson is, unlike Lewis, a natural PF and theirs no arguing it.

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

stop calling him Neo

Good luck getting that to happen. Thats been his nickname on these boards since we made the trade.

It's the worst nickname I've ever seen, and you look like a ****** for using it.