Ryan the Magic Fan

Neo is slowly playing himself into a permanent starter

quote:
Originally posted by FloridianaJones:

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:
Originally posted by FloridianaJones:

it took me 5 mins of watching this kid play to realize he's got the skill set to be Dwights ideal sidekick. He's a kid too, room to grow, mentally and physically.

Bass' skill set is much better to play alongside Dwight than Anderson's. For everything positive RA does offensively, getting blown by at will by power forwards is a recipe for Dwight picking up fouls. Brandon Bass is looking like the kind of guy who can guard the Lamar Odom's and Pau Gasol's of the world very effecively, which is to say, perimeter bigs and fundamental post players. Anderson made Barnie look like a god. We need a guy who can actually guard opposing bigs more than we need another outside shooter.

Ideally for me I want in a PF next to Dwight that has good PF instincts and can draw his defender away from Dwight in the paint. I think Anderson does the later exceptionally already and has shown a great skill set to become exceptional at the other as well(I don't think Bass nor Shard can be exceptional at both those things like Ryan can be).

He's shown his PF potential with his great put backs on offense and tough rebounds. He moves like a pure PF in this league, like a guy who led the PAC10 in rebs. I also say this knowing that Ryan is 21 and has proven his good work ethic. His man D needs some focus however.

I just enjoy the problem of having a 2 great shooters at the PF spot. I think moving Shard back to his real spot at the SF where he can totally dominate in the post, while leaving Neo to do the PF dirty work on the boards is terrific.

Bass brings better man D and maybe a touch more toughness on the inside the paint, but he's not as tall, nor does he spread the floor as much as Neo does on the offensive side of the court.

The great thing is we actually have the bench to counter most any line-up in the NBA.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

The Black Horse?

Well, we know 1 thing Shaq is better at than Dwight - creating nicknames.

As for RyAn, after reading a few NY media members slobbering over Danilo Gallinari, I find myself wondering about the comparison between those 2.

Edit: After reading some scouting reports and watching some videos, it appears Gallinari is more of a SF. I kind of thought he was taller and more of a post presence. Nope.

He's just as tall as Ryan, but he plays a pure SF role.

I think it's a very valid comparison. Gallinari gets more minutes and shoots a higher volume of threes, but that's it.

quote:
Originally posted by JT Jag:

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

The Black Horse?

Well, we know 1 thing Shaq is better at than Dwight - creating nicknames.

As for RyAn, after reading a few NY media members slobbering over Danilo Gallinari, I find myself wondering about the comparison between those 2.

Edit: After reading some scouting reports and watching some videos, it appears Gallinari is more of a SF. I kind of thought he was taller and more of a post presence. Nope.

He's just as tall as Ryan, but he plays a pure SF role.

I think it's a very valid comparison. Gallinari gets more minutes and shoots a higher volume of threes, but that's it.

Might be a bit homer, but just a casual look at the numbers suggests that Ryan is better at just about everything...except maybe defense and ball handling.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

Gallinari is more of a Hedo type player...

Yeah, he appears to be a ball handler type guy. Essentially, he's just a good shooting SF with decent height. Bargnani is still the better comparison for Ryno.

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

Gallinari is more of a Hedo type player...

Agreed. While Ryan is more Rashard 2.0.

I pick Rashard smile_shardhappy.png

Oh, by the way. From now on i'll b referring to Ryan as Rayn man. icon_cool.gif