Sign in to follow this  
Magic Fan 4 Life

Forward Ryan Anderson to start in Lewis absence

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

how the hell will Bass and Anderson gets minutes

Anderson might pick up some quick fouls like he did a couple of times in preseason and Bass or Barnes will fill in. Stan was joking about those games and how long Anderson might be on the court or not.

When we played... I dunno, someone (I caught Swine Flu, the ol' noodle isn't fully there right now)... the announcers said we have a 'Noah Team' - that is to say that our players go 2 by 2. The funny thing is - that applies even when our all-star forward is out!

I love the idea that since Hedo Turkoglu was a terrible defender, we can play Anderson and Lewis together because RA can't be any worse than Hedo or vice versa. Just because our defense was solid last year with Hedo doesn't mean we shouldn't strive to make it better. There are much better options defensively than starting those two together.

Plus, the reasoning behind moving Shard to three these past two years was the notion this team needed a physical four. Now we have that player in Bass, yet some of you want to put RA in that spot instead. It doesn't really make any sense. If Stan wants to keep that match-up advantage, he should stick with the all-star player at that position - the better player.

Ryan Anderson has been great, but there needs to be at least one defensive oriented player in the starting line-up to give Dwight at least a little help.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Magic Fan 4 Life:

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/...to_start_102709.html

I think he should start when Lewis comes back too. Gives us a deadly 3 point lineup with him and Lewis on the floor.

i think lewis and anderson on the floor at the same time would kill our defense tbh

Yeah, Ryan Anderson is a real downgrade from the defensive superstar of Hedo Turkoglu, who started there last year. icon_smile.gif

granted. but can lewis even guard 3's anymore? like at all? and anderson isn't exactly known for defense. i think shard is better at guarding 4's than anderson is. so if shard has trouble keeping up with the sf's of the league than it just seems like 2 defensive holes. idk i could be wrong. although the offensive punch is so sexy to think about

Put Anderson on the 3's. As long as he gives effort he will match Hedo's defensive output. And if he gets in foul trouble just put Pietrus, Barnes, Carter etc on the opposing 3. Thats the magic of depth, baby.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so we dropped hedo, and got a hedo look alike without all the exact skills, to which some are better than hedos, and 2/3 rotation that could kill some all star duos.... and toughness on the front line like we've never seen.

dammit start this kid at the 3 or have him play sf minutes, we would barely lose our look as a team that got us to the finals.

the 2/3 rotation could look like vince/peitrus/barnes/ryan/your mom/jj

the 3/4

barnes/ryan/shard/bass

the 4/5

shard/ryan/dwight/bass/gortat

the dwight

dwight.

yes i just ate alot of halloween candy.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Magic Fan 4 Life:

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/...to_start_102709.html

I think he should start when Lewis comes back too. Gives us a deadly 3 point lineup with him and Lewis on the floor.

i think lewis and anderson on the floor at the same time would kill our defense tbh

Yeah, Ryan Anderson is a real downgrade from the defensive superstar of Hedo Turkoglu, who started there last year. icon_smile.gif

granted. but can lewis even guard 3's anymore? like at all? and anderson isn't exactly known for defense. i think shard is better at guarding 4's than anderson is. so if shard has trouble keeping up with the sf's of the league than it just seems like 2 defensive holes. idk i could be wrong. although the offensive punch is so sexy to think about

Put Anderson on the 3's. As long as he gives effort he will match Hedo's defensive output. And if he gets in foul trouble just put Pietrus, Barnes, Carter etc on the opposing 3. Thats the magic of depth, baby.

We'd probably be better off just not being very good at defending the 3 and 4. It would be like last season, except, well. It would be like last season.

id rather see us start jameer vince ryan bass and d12 then have shard replace ryan in starting line up. the defensive presence d12 and bass have will be huge to start with and then we could move shard to 4 and bring in ryan, barnes or peaches off the bench depending on the game situation or foul trouble.

stan has a nice headache that a lot of coaches would love. He just has to come up with the right balance to keep rythum and chemistry high.

I dont' even think there's anything to worry about, as far as having a defensive guy at a forward spot. (PF, then SF: )

Anderson-Pietrus. Bass-Lewis. Heck, Bass-Anderson. Lewis-Barnes is even fine.

Our SFs, for the most part, are defensive. Don't just ASSUME that Rashard can't play defense at the 3. Hell, a lot of us never imagined he could play decent-to-good defense ANYWHERE, let alone power forward! So even Bass-Lewis could be possible, or Lewis-Anderson.

Don't understimate the power SVG's defensive coaching craziness.

I went out to the Orlando vs. Indiana game last week and got a first look at the "New" guys. Brandon Bass is Awesome! Jason Williams was knocking down 3's. Matt Barnes was doing his thing and Vince had a high of 21. Ryan Anderson was the only one that I felt needed a few more games to fit in on the team. He knocked down a few shots but he looked lost in a way. I am looking forward to watching this well put together team play in the regular season. Any predictions on how many games we will have in the W column this year?