Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

The Officially New Official Power Rankings Thread

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

#4 on SI.com

quote:
Orlando Magic (11-3)

Dwight Howard, Vince Carter and Rashard Lewis will -- deservedly -- get a lot of credit when the Magic win, but a deep bench will have a lot to say about Orlando's fortunes this season. In a win over Toronto Sunday it was Magic reserves Marcin Gortat, Ryan Anderson, Mickael Pietrus, J.J. Redick (along with fill-in starter Jason Williams) who turned a two-point third quarter deficit into an 11-point lead. Said Stan Van Gundy, "You can't ask for more than that."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.c.../rankings/index.html

Pietrus isn't a reserve........

quote:
Originally posted by Nelson3:

Pietrus isn't a reserve........

And another rankings with Phoenix in front of us, even though we thrashed them.

#1 on NBA.com

quote:
Pace: 93.6 (22), Off: 106.7 (8), Def: 100.0 (7)

If it weren't for Michael Beasley's imitation of Lorenzo Charles on Wednesday, the Magic would have a nine-game winning streak right now. Rashard Lewis appears to be getting his rhythm back, hitting for a season-high 26 points in New York on Sunday.

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/

#3 at espn.com

quote:
As a longtime J-Will fan, I resolved to stifle my bias for a while before touting what a sneaky-good pickup he was for a team that lost some playmaking when Turkoglu left town. I'll let you tell me: Is crowing OK now?

Lakers #3 on NBA.com

quote:
Not only did the Nets lose their coach on Sunday, but they also lost their ability to slow down Kobe Bryant. His 11-for-17 performance ended a string of 11 straight games against New Jersey in which he shot less than 40 percent from the field.

Maybe Wince can play defense.

The Lakers do not deserve squat for getting a road lite schedule. It's bad enough they play in the worse division in their conference (although the C's and Cavs divisions have 1 winning team between the two of them, and that shouldn't last long, because that team is the Bucks.)

The Suns still should not be ranked ahead of us, but ESPN shows that they're morons, like usual. (And I just read that the Suns got pushed back behind the Lakers because they loss to them, but that doesn't work for the Magic?)

Not saying we should be number 1, but I can't see another team that deserves it right now.

#3 on SI.com

quote:
Orlando Magic (14-4)

The Magic have been playing some dominant D lately in winning eight of their last nine games. On Thanksgiving night, the Magic flexed those defensive muscles for all to see, responding to a 51-point Hawks barrage in the first half by holding Atlanta to 25 points on 25 percent shooting in the second half. Dwight Howard has been crucial to the effort, pulling down 12.5 defensive boards a game while blocking 2.5 shots per game since asking coach Stan Van Gundy to not be so negative. It seems to be working for a club that has the fourth-best scoring defense (93.7 points) in the NBA

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.c.../rankings/index.html