Sign in to follow this  
SHOWTIME

No more pressure..

This is Rashard's year because for the first time in three seasons the focus light is not shining on him. Rashard will be thrown in the crowd this season and the pressure will shift to VC, Bass and Barnes, with VC being the focal point.

The good thing is VC is not only used to playing under pressure but he can also handle pressure. VC is not shy like Rashard and he knows how to handle the media. You can already see VC correcting his mistakes and improving reagrdless of pressure. It's a good thing that VC will be the focal point because he will silence his critics in no time.

The main advantage, however, is that while everybody is busy concentrating on VC and comparing his stats vs Hedo, Rashard will have the opportunity to bring the best out of his game. The fact that his contract talk will be off the agenda will allow Rashard to focus on playing ball. That compounded by his 10 game suspension will more than make this dude ready to go.

Since his move to the Magic, Rashard will be Rashard this season. Not to compare him to Ray, but remember how Ray Allen played when Boston won the championship.

Rashard - pressure = determination

Pressureless Rashard + Mature DH + Out to prove his critics wrong Jameer + Home at last VC + Remember me Redick + Kobe who? Pietrus + Believe Barnes + I am a starter elsewhere Gortat + Silent assasing Anderson + I am back JWilliams + Get out of the way Bass = Championship.

GO MAGIC!!!

This is Rashard's year because for the first time in three seasons the focus light is not shining on him. Rashard will be thrown in the crowd this season and the pressure will shift to VC, Bass and Barnes, with VC being the focal point.

The good thing is VC is not only used to playing under pressure but he can also handle pressure. VC is not shy like Rashard and he knows how to handle the media. You can already see VC correcting his mistakes and improving reagrdless of pressure. It's a good thing that VC will be the focal point because he will silence his critics in no time.

The main advantage, however, is that while everybody is busy concentrating on VC and comparing his stats vs Hedo, Rashard will have the opportunity to bring the best out of his game. The fact that his contract talk will be off the agenda will allow Rashard to focus on playing ball. That compounded by his 10 game suspension will more than make this dude ready to go.

Since his move to the Magic, Rashard will be Rashard this season. Not to compare him to Ray, but remember how Ray Allen played when Boston won the championship.

Pressureless Rashard + Mature DH + Out to prove his critics wrong Jameer + Home at last VC + Remember me Redick + Kobe who? Pietrus + Believe Barnes + I am a starter elsewhere Gortat + Silent assasing Anderson + I am back JWilliams + Get out of the way Bass = Championship.

GO MAGIC!!!

1.rashard never had that kind of pressure on him. if anything, dwight and to some extent, hedo did.

2.contract talks have never impeded rashard's focus on basketball. The only thing i can think of that did that was his daughter's health problems.

3.a 10 game suspension, you would think, brings more focus to him and more pressure to perform. but either way, i don't think it'll have an effect on him (good or bad)

4.rashard can handle pressure. why do you think he couldn't handle pressure?

5.rashard very rarely gets compared to ray.

6.rashard has always had determination - with or without any perceived pressure.

quote:
Originally posted by morlegend:

1.rashard never had that kind of pressure on him. if anything, dwight and to some extent, hedo did.

2.contract talks have never impeded rashard's focus on basketball. The only thing i can think of that did that was his daughter's health problems.

3.a 10 game suspension, you would think, brings more focus to him and more pressure to perform. but either way, i don't think it'll have an effect on him (good or bad)

4.rashard can handle pressure. why do you think he couldn't handle pressure?

5.rashard very rarely gets compared to ray.

6.rashard has always had determination - with or without any perceived pressure.

I know you are not serious when you say Rashard never(Never)had that kind of pressure and that contract talks never (again you say Never) impeded his focus on basketball.

The dude himself has repeatedly said that he was playing under a lot of pressure especially with the never(yes I said never) ending contaract talks. I am quite sure you have either watched a video where he said so or read about it somehow.

You can say that he has improved over the two seasons and of course just like anything else it seized to bother him anymore. Off-course it took SVG, Otis and other non mentined tutors/friends/co-players to help him get over it.

Off course you don't lose focus but stuff like that will impact your play. Remember he is human like you and me. The only difference is that these players have got Psychologist that are paid to help them deal with the public/critics and harsh enviroments.

quote:
Originally posted by SHOWTIME:

GO MAGIC!!!

i honestly don't understand wth you're even talking about here. why would there be any pressure on barnes, bass, or gortat...our role players? you've clearly put some thought into what you said but i honestly don't agree with 95% of it, and the other 5% i just didn't bother reading

Just because Shard is a shy personality doesn't mean he shys from pressure.

Look at his shots in the ECF's last year.

Cold Blooded.

I agree there will be less pressure on him to be a scoring option and that we'll be expecting a lot from Vince, but I don't think Shard would have been detered before.

That said, there will be more players to watch defensively when you play the Magic, which means Shard may get an extra foot of room, and he can hurt ya.

quote:

Cold Blooded.

Totally. People put to much stock into NBA player's personalities (like Dwight's goofiness). If you're getting 20/20's in the playoffs and sinking critical shots, it doesn't matter.

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:

Cold Blooded.

Totally. People put to much stock into NBA player's personalities (like Dwight's goofiness). If you're getting 20/20's in the playoffs and sinking critical shots, it doesn't matter.

Guys, I read SHOWTIME'S post, and nowhere in his post did he say that Rashard "shys away from pressure".

He was simply saying that there will be "less" or no pressure on him (Rashard). Therefore, allowing him to be even more amazing than he was last season . . .I'm assuming he will play the SF position this season.