quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by Faux Hawk:

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

Gortat for Lopez and Lee?

You never give a big for a small son.

Really??? Tell that to the Nets who traded Anderson for Lee.

You have either never seen Lopez play or you are plain stupid. Lopez is one of the best young big men in the league.

If you are replying to my comment, the answer is yes I have seen him play he is mighty good like a mini Tim Duncan. When I said I would trade Gortat for Lee and Lopez it was being sarcastic, that would never happen, but that would be the only way we would benefit in trading Gortat to get Lee back, I was just answering the OP's question Emory

quote:

Courtney Lee. Just a straight up discussion about if you as a fan would trade Gortat for any combination of players that would bring back Lee. We see there is no need to trade anyone the way the team is playing right now. But if you could make this trade in the off season would you do it???

clearly you haven't really thought this through. we can't trade gortat until december anyway. and after he's traded, nobody is backing up dwight. not to mention that new jersey would take on gortat's contract which it would never do because they have been trying to save as much money as possible for 2010. thinking about this in a general manager's perspective, no i would not. it creates more problems than it addresses (which it doesn't address any in the first place). from a fan's perspective, i still wouldn't. i'm happy with anderson and since we won't have shard forever, i'm comfortable with him possibly taking the reigns at pf than i am w/ lee taking over for carter at sg

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:

Courtney Lee. Just a straight up discussion about if you as a fan would trade Gortat for any combination of players that would bring back Lee. We see there is no need to trade anyone the way the team is playing right now. But if you could make this trade in the off season would you do it???

clearly you haven't really thought this through. we can't trade gortat until december anyway. and after he's traded, nobody is backing up dwight. not to mention that new jersey would take on gortat's contract which it would never do because they have been trying to save as much money as possible for 2010. thinking about this in a general manager's perspective, no i would not. it creates more problems than it addresses (which it doesn't address any in the first place). from a fan's perspective, i still wouldn't. i'm happy with anderson and since we won't have shard forever, i'm comfortable with him possible taking the reigns at pf than i am w/ lee taking over for carter at sg

Well said, plus its harder to find a stretch 4 that shoots like RA than a 6'5" 2 guard. Lee has potential but is much more replaceable

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

quote:

Gortat for Lopez and Lee?

You never give a big for a small son.

Really??? Tell that to the Nets who traded Anderson for Lee.

You have either never seen Lopez play or you are plain stupid. Lopez is one of the best young big men in the league.

If you are replying to my comment, the answer is yes I have seen him play he is mighty good like a mini Tim Duncan. When I said I would trade Gortat for Lee and Lopez it was being sarcastic, that would never happen, but that would be the only way we would benefit in trading Gortat to get Lee back, I was just answering the OP's question Emory

I wasn't replying to you man. I figured you were joking around. I was talking to Faux Hawk who inexplicably seems to think it could actually happen.

I just heard the Lakers were willing to trade Odom and Farmar for Dwight Howard. It must be a done deal since they are willing to do it.

I'm amazed people are assuming we'll trade Gortat. I just don't see it happening. Its been acknowledged that the owners will spend and as vital as I think Gortat is to this outfit, I doubt he's traded prior to seasons end. Providing seasons end sees the success of a championship.

quote:
Originally posted by nbr:

I'm amazed people are assuming we'll trade Gortat. I just don't see it happening. Its been acknowledged that the owners will spend and as vital as I think Gortat is to this outfit, I doubt he's traded prior to seasons end. Providing seasons end sees the success of a championship.

i think those with an iq greater than 70 aren't even thinking about trading gortat before the season even starts. and even when it does, we know that if we trade gortat we need a serviceable center in the deal to backup dwight and there aren't really any of those out there.