Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Gortat, "people have already told me I'm a ticking bomb"(OMD)

quote:

He worked on his post moves. He touched up his jump shot, sometimes from as far as 20 feet out. He focused on his perimeter skills, improving his dribbling ability and first step while facing the basket.

quote:

He worked on his post moves. He touched up his jump shot, sometimes from as far as 20 feet out. He focused on his perimeter skills, improving his dribbling ability and first step while facing the basket.

I'm still of the opinion that we will keep Marcin throughout this season. I believe he is an important piece of our run and I think we keep him while we are this close to a ring.

But Otis surprises me daily so it will be interesting what happens. I love his attitude though. He really seems to understand the business aspect of the NBA.

Gortat calling himself a "ticking bomb" is a little intimidating, lol, don't you guys think?

Anyway I agree with Natmayo.. as long as everyone's reasonably healthy, you stick with Gortat through the whole year, not only from a team perspective, but from a trade value perspective.

Gortat's a BYC player, so you could only trade him for half the value of his contract until next summer anyway. Now of course this wouldn't matter if we were only getting draft picks back or something.. but still. I think Gortat is what takes the bench from good to dangerous on most nights, and Dwight'll never have this warm a security blanket again. For at least one year, I think that's worth 5 million of Devos' funny money (funny to us, not funny to him, heh).

Then you come back next summer, when you can trade Gortat for full contract value.. and see what's out there.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

"Chris Cornell contributed to this post"

Wow. I guess it's true when he said, ahem: "I fell on black days", isn't it?

I am guessing from his comments that his days of being "outshine"d by dwight are limited. After the season is over, imo.

See what I did there, DOM? do i have humor now?

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

"Chris Cornell contributed to this post"

Wow. I guess it's true when he said, ahem: "I fell on black days", isn't it?

I am guessing from his comments that his days of being "outshine"d by dwight are limited. After the season is over, imo.

See what I did there, DOM? do i have humor now?

Don't worry about "What You Are," just "Be Yourself" and "Set it Off."

Wow, I feel really lame.

I know a lot of people think that he still will get traded but I hope we don't trade him. The guy is good insurance if anything ever happens to Howard. 14pts 14rebs 6blks was pretty impressive. Dwight Howard like. Even though it was preseason it sure feels good knowing that our backup center is capable of stats like that.

I would not be at all surprised to see the Magic trade Gortat for a solid $3 million a year guy and a first round pick - the Magic maybe able to move a guy like AJ for the first round pick if you do a trade AJ and Gortat or use part of the trade exception - something.

Point is that I would not be surprised to see the Magic move Gortat this season to avoid some luxury tax (if they get a $3 million guy they will save $6 million in salaries this year due to the luxury tax) and if you can get a solid $3m a year guy they may want to take him to reduce costs and maybe get a draft pick with it.

I have scoured to see what is available, but Gortat and AJ for a first and a stellar $3m a year guy - maybe a 2nd year guy like Courtney Lee - not Courtney Lee, but a guy like Courtney Lee - I could see the Magic doing that. (A guy like Courtney Lee and a 1st for AJ and Gortat - I would not be at all surprised).

Jameer - watch out he will be on fire this year and punish teams.