Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic's New Batman and Robin (VC & D12) by Cbs sportsline

This Commentary (Video) about Vince and Dwight is by CBS Sportsline.

Topic: Duo's Dynamic

vinceanddwightduosdynam.png

To view the video commentary, click on the link below:

http://www.cbssports.com/

1. Click on the large picture of Vince and Dwight.

2. Next window, scroll down and click on the video (you will see Dwight on the video screen by himself).

This Commentary (Video) about Vince and Dwight is by CBS Sportsline.

Topic: Duo's Dynamic

vinceanddwightduosdynam.png

To view the video commentary, click on the link below:

http://www.cbssports.com/

1. Click on the large picture of Vince and Dwight.

2. Next window, scroll down and click on the video (you will see Dwight on the video screen by himself).

So, for the millionth time, can someone explain how having KG back and healthy is like a roster addition, but having Jameer Nelson back is not even a consideration?

Also, Hedo went from being the most underrated player in the league two years ago when he won MIP to the most overrated today. I know these other guys didn't have to sit through 82 games of totally erratic play, but basing your assessment of Turk on his playoff run is not really informed.

quote:
Originally posted by Darrell_Armstrong:

So, for the millionth time, can someone explain how having KG back and healthy is like a roster addition, but having Jameer Nelson back is not even a consideration?

Also, Hedo went from being the most underrated player in the league two years ago when he won MIP to the most overrated today. I know these other guys didn't have to sit through 82 games of totally erratic play, but basing your assessment of Turk on his playoff run is not really informed.

Darrell, did you view the video? Ken Burger of Cbs Sportsline said that the Magic is the most improved team over Boston and the Cavs due to the new additions to the Magic's roster.

He said that having KG back this season after he was out for most of last season due to injury, is like adding a NEW player to the Celtic's roster because you don't know what you are getting "post injury".

quote:
Originally posted by TrueMagicFan07:

quote:
Originally posted by Darrell_Armstrong:

Darrell, did you view the video? Ken Burger of Cbs Sportsline said that the Magic is the most improved team over Boston and the Cavs due to the new additions to their roster.

He said that having KG back this season after he was out for most of last season due to injury, is like adding a NEW player to the Celtic's roster because you don't know what you are getting "post injury".

Ah okay, I guess I misunderstood him. I did hear him say that the Magic were the most improved, but like so many of these sports journalists, between the article and the video, I felt as if he was waffling quite a bit on whether the Magic would be better off this year or not. So, when he brought up a "new" KG, I thought he was talking about the impact of having him back. Thanks for clarifying though.

there's some interesting points in the article. I can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

personally, I don't think just because Vince is saying he's here to help Dwight and be the team player, blah blah blah, doesn't mean when its time to win games, he's gonng defer. SVG spoke to him and what's expected of him here. When we go through our scoring drouts, Vince is the guy for us. I'm sure when the real season starts (playoffs), the league will see how beastly we are.

Very good commentary, is it possible that some of the talking heads are starting to pay attention?

It is a very good thing that they are going about very slowly, it would be to much of a shock for some in both Cleveland and Boston to handle! I can see some of them trying to jump out of the windows...of their basements!

I noticed in the video that they project Bass to start at PF with Shard at the 3. In the article, they note Carter's abilities to isolate and post-up. It seems that CBS thinks that the offensive philosophy is going to change for the Magic. However, in the preseason interviews, Carter and Howard both said that this is still a "3-point shooting team."

I am sure that we will focus on the pick and roll, with either Jameer or Carter working off of Dwight. We will feed the ball to Dwight in the post. The main difference from last year, if we do in fact see Bass on the floor with the rest of the starters, will be that Bass will only be 15 feet from the basket instead of outside the arc. This gives us someone closer to the basket to help with rebounding and Bass' jumper is good enough to keep him there, if what I have seen of him is accurate.