Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

ESPN's 1st Power Rankings are out(link)

quote:
Originally posted by BRich:

I'd accept the Hedo praise if I would have heard it from analysts and writers while he played for us. I never heard so many good things about Hedo until he left.

can't complain about the slot though.

It's amazing, isn't it?

Hedo was called out while he was with us, got minimal praise and we were often laughed at for trying to win with Turk and a rookie in our starting line up.

Now they are both the most important pieces of the puzzle. And let's not forget about Skip to my Lou! When we got him, we got... what?... Yes, laughed at! "Skip is trash!". Now we are doomed because we lost a mid-season damage control?

Also, traditional ball is not going to win us a chip. Just like untraditional last year. Now we need to play untraditional which we were criticized for last year because traditional teams would kill us.

Woo! I love it!

Well im surprised... I thought they would slide us into #3, it would be alot easier to defend to the public than #2.

But honestly I think at the end of the year we will be #1 in the NBA, holding the home court edge in the playoff's, and finally winning one in our old house, it will go good with the rest in our new one.

I stopped caring what other people thought about something so subjective when I turned 16, so this article did NOT give me a mental, or literal, chode.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

The Magic are...

quote:

2 (4) Magic 59-23 Since '89, only one team that lost in the Finals won it all the following year: Last season's Lakers. So I respect/applaud Orlando's overhaul/big spending, even though I always saw Hedo as the Magic's linchpin.

Click the link to see how the entire league is ranked pre-season...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/...?season=2010&week=-1

I think ranking us #2 is an accurate ranking behind the Lakers - I do think that the Magic will win it this year though.

Hedo being the linchpin - he missed that one - Hedo was best as a role player - he was horrible as the linchpin - but he did get the ranking right, so I'll give him credit for that.

He didn't watch every Magic game like we did, thus it is easy to make that stupid comment.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

i won't say good read even though i'm happy to see that, becuase i'd rather walk into everything underrated.

i expect a quick drop off, we'll need some time to build team chemistry and espn will jump down our throats for it... but if not we could be walking tall here.

There will be no drop off - way too much talent - the Magic will need time to gel, but no drop off - they'll still win at a 60+ game clip this year, which is incredible to get 60+.

The chemistry they need to build will result in us winnnig some games by less than 10, with the chemistry we will win many games by more than 10 and they won't be close.

Nobody thought Hedo was a linchpin when he was actually here. He and Gortat became overated league wide after their playoff performances. Hopefully Gortat continues to play well for us so we can trade him before his contract bites us.

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

i won't say good read even though i'm happy to see that, becuase i'd rather walk into everything underrated.

i expect a quick drop off, we'll need some time to build team chemistry and espn will jump down our throats for it... but if not we could be walking tall here.

There will be no drop off - way too much talent - the Magic will need time to gel, but no drop off - they'll still win at a 60+ game clip this year, which is incredible to get 60+.

The chemistry they need to build will result in us winnnig some games by less than 10, with the chemistry we will win many games by more than 10 and they won't be close.

well that's what i meant as a drop off, missed assignments and some people might not be in the right place, i'm not putting in the L column or anything. actually it might be good luck to drop the first two to struggling teams like we did last year.

this if for addi... smile_chairshot.gif

quote:
Originally posted by AddiFB:

Gortat + JJ for Grant Hill

*avoids flying cans and tomatoes*

You mean Grant hill from the pistons the one that is not injured? XD