Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Houston, we have a problem...Brian Cook, LOL! Otis is the man(link)

If I had a quarter for everytime a Magic fan posted this last season I'd be rich...

quote:

I don't even want to show a picture of him in a Rockets jersey. That's how much of an albatross to our salary cap he is. Now, granted, there is some part of me that is happy we have Brian Cook on our roster. I mean, without his contract and hollow shell talent -- Rafer freakin' Alston might still be a Rocket. Perish the thought.

That said: Brian Cook is more worthless than Alec Baldwin. He had the chance to do the honorable thing, fall on his sword and not pick up his player option for 2010. But nooooooo.... he had to go and pick up the option that will force us to pay him an insane $3.5M ths year. Do you realize that makes Brian Cook the fifthhighest paid Rocket this year? And since McGrady and Yao don't really count - Cook is our third highest paid "active" player. He's making more money than Luis Scola!!! How messed up is that?!?

The worst part? I have no idea what to do about this.

No one (not even Memphis) is dumb enough to trade for Cook and his contract. On the flip side, because Brian Cook is afraid to step inside the three point line - on offense or defense - the fact that he's 6'10" is completely negated. Hell, Aaron Brooks plays more above the rim than Brian Cook. That's just sad. Worst of all, Cook is taking up a roster spot that could belong to Robert Horry. This fact just pisses me off. Brian Cook is still in the NBA while Robert Horry is reduced to being on lame reality TV shows with Terrell Owens and Joanna Krupa. That's just wrong. Horribly, horribly wrong.

Then again, with Rafer Alston exiled, Tracy McGrady still hanging out in the trainer's room and Luther Head gone and never to be heard from again....... at least Brian Cook gives me a target to pick on on all season. So I have that going for me, which is nice.

Curiously, the author seems to be exstatic about getting rid of Rafer Alston...

http://www.thedreamshake.com/2...about-the-salary-cap

If I had a quarter for everytime a Magic fan posted this last season I'd be rich...

quote:

I don't even want to show a picture of him in a Rockets jersey. That's how much of an albatross to our salary cap he is. Now, granted, there is some part of me that is happy we have Brian Cook on our roster. I mean, without his contract and hollow shell talent -- Rafer freakin' Alston might still be a Rocket. Perish the thought.

That said: Brian Cook is more worthless than Alec Baldwin. He had the chance to do the honorable thing, fall on his sword and not pick up his player option for 2010. But nooooooo.... he had to go and pick up the option that will force us to pay him an insane $3.5M ths year. Do you realize that makes Brian Cook the fifthhighest paid Rocket this year? And since McGrady and Yao don't really count - Cook is our third highest paid "active" player. He's making more money than Luis Scola!!! How messed up is that?!?

The worst part? I have no idea what to do about this.

No one (not even Memphis) is dumb enough to trade for Cook and his contract. On the flip side, because Brian Cook is afraid to step inside the three point line - on offense or defense - the fact that he's 6'10" is completely negated. Hell, Aaron Brooks plays more above the rim than Brian Cook. That's just sad. Worst of all, Cook is taking up a roster spot that could belong to Robert Horry. This fact just pisses me off. Brian Cook is still in the NBA while Robert Horry is reduced to being on lame reality TV shows with Terrell Owens and Joanna Krupa. That's just wrong. Horribly, horribly wrong.

Then again, with Rafer Alston exiled, Tracy McGrady still hanging out in the trainer's room and Luther Head gone and never to be heard from again....... at least Brian Cook gives me a target to pick on on all season. So I have that going for me, which is nice.

Curiously, the author seems to be exstatic about getting rid of Rafer Alston...

http://www.thedreamshake.com/2...about-the-salary-cap

If you think about it, we used Brian Cook to help get Vince Carter. If that's not full of win, I don't know what is.

quote:
Curiously, the author seems to be exstatic about getting rid of Rafer Alston

Well, even though he played decent for us and got us probably further than we would have if we didn't trade for him, the Magic wasted no time in getting him out of our kingdom.

I don't know everything, but it seems that Rafer can be a problem when he wants to

quote:
Originally posted by the notorious S.A.C.:

quote:
If you think about it, we used Brian Cook to help get Vince Carter. If that's not full of win, I don't know what is.

How soon we forget....we also used him to help dump Trevor Ariza....thank god we made that trade.

Hehehe, the Magic also used TMac to get Cook, if we'll put it that way.

So we traded T-Mac for Vince. I can live with that, seeing as how T-Mac is a glass house.

Or we traded Ariza for Vince. That sounds like a no-brainer to me.

Actually, though, I'm going with we traded Courtney Lee and Rafer Alston for Vince.

Personally, none of these sound like a bad thing.

I'm glad I'm not a Rockets fan nowadays.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

So we traded T-Mac for Vince. I can live with that, seeing as how T-Mac is a glass house.

Or we traded Ariza for Vince. That sounds like a no-brainer to me.

Actually, though, I'm going with we traded Courtney Lee and Rafer Alston for Vince.

Personally, none of these sound like a bad thing.

I'm glad I'm not a Rockets fan nowadays.

Exactly!!!!!!!!!! What were they thinking!!