Sign in to follow this  
I love my PTSD.

Ohio Trip

You are a lucky dude. When the Cavs beat the Pistons a lot of Pistons fans that were in Cleveland got assaulted, I think there was even an article about it. Though it was in the heat of the game, not months after.

Though I wouldn't have blamed them had you gotten punched in the face. Its one thing wearing the hat, another thing purposely pointing it out to people.

I havent seen anyone bash ohio at all. All I have seen is people getting a kick at how delusional some fans are on cavs message boards...especially cavsfanatic-which is complete garbage btw. We have delusional fans, not nearly as many though. And, we have awesome mods compared to the fools at cavsfanatic, its like the thought police over there.

I do agree that there are too many cavs discussions here, mainly because I couldnt care less about them...coupled with the fact that it isnt even a rivalry of ours(cleveland would have to win sometimes for it to be one). I know why they are talked about alot on here(lebron), and it all stemmed from our disbelief that cleveland/lebron gets such national love/attention despite having done nothing except put up good individual stats and worthless regular season records...but thats all over now that we went to the finals, we kinda lapped them this past year-so we should just move on.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

I havent seen anyone bash ohio at all. All I have seen is people getting a kick at how delusional some fans are on cavs message boards...especially cavsfanatic-which is complete garbage btw. We have delusional fans, not nearly as many though. And, we have awesome mods compared to the fools at cavsfanatic, its like the thought police over there.

I do agree that there are too many cavs discussions here, mainly because I couldnt care less about them...coupled with the fact that it isnt even a rivalry of ours(cleveland would have to win sometimes for it to be one). I know why they are talked about alot on here(lebron), and it all stemmed from our disbelief that cleveland/lebron gets such national love/attention despite having done nothing except put up good individual stats and worthless regular season records...but thats all over now that we went to the finals, we kinda lapped them this past year-so we should just move on.

If you havent read anyone bashing cleveland and ohio you need to look a little further

but whatever, it's a magic site, what else can I expect.

You just put us down saying we'd have to win some games for it to be a rivalry, but, you kind of have a reason, I mean you did beat us last year in the ECF's I'll give you that. Lets see how this year pans out though before we start saying thats all over because you guys had a lucky year and went to the finals. We had a lucky year and went to the Finals in 07 also.

and I agree 100% Cavfanatic may be the worst fan site for any team. Everyone there is either under 12, or arent aloud to be around sharp objects. I can't and won't defend that site at all. That is why I came to this one, I hated that one.

quote:
Originally posted by ***THE ORIGINAL***:

quote:

If you havent read anyone bashing cleveland and ohio you need to look a little further

You just put us down saying we'd have to win some games for it to be a rivalry, but, you kind of have a reason, I mean you did beat us last year in the ECF's I'll give you that. Lets see how this year pans out though before we start saying thats all over because you guys had a lucky year and went to the finals. We had a lucky year and went to the Finals in 07 also.

and I agree 100% Cavfanatic may be the worst fan site for any team. Everyone there is either under 12, or arent aloud to be around sharp objects. I can't and won't defend that site at all. That is why I came to this one, I hated that one.

I'm sorry but facing the three top teams in the league and beating 2 of them on the way to the finals is not luck.

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

quote:

quote:

I'm sorry but facing the three top teams in the league and beating 2 of them on the way to the finals is not luck.

It's okay, apology accepted

and not to harp on this subject, we will a agree to disagree, but the Boston team you faced was not a top team. They barely got past Chicago

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

and not to harp on this subject, we will a agree to disagree, but the Boston team you faced was not a top team. They barely got past Chicago

Stop. They had the third best record in the leauge

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Whatever helps you sleep at night, I think we both know they are a totally different team with Garnett, then they are without.

Last year was a season of mismatches.

If the Cavs play Boston, CLE wins

If the Cavs play Orlando, Orlando wins

if Orlando plays a healthy BOS, BOS wins.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Whatever helps you sleep at night, I think we both know they are a totally different team with Garnett, then they are without.

and just maybe (and thats a big call as it wont happen) that the original wakes up to himself and leaves us alone. we hate cleveland thats why we support another team deal with it...

I'm already suffering from extreme nausea from all the carp that's spewing from Cavs' fans mouths. They honestly believe that Shaq is going to help LeBron get his championship.

It's not even preseason yet.

*** Off to buy a set or two of earplugs***

quote:
Originally posted by andie:

I'm already suffering from extreme nausea from all the carp that's spewing from Cavs' fans mouths. They honestly believe that Shaq is going to help LeBron get his championship.

It's not even preseason yet.

*** Off to buy a set or two of earplugs***

They don't have any confidence in Shaq. They've already stated that if he doesn't produce, he's out of there. I predict a clash of the egos between Lebron and Shaq.

One thing for Ohio fans, they do love their Browns. Biggest rivalry is the Browns-Steelers. Talk about bringing the worst out in people. I've been in Pittsburgh on weekends when the Browns were in town and there is definitely no love for them in Steeler Country.

quote:

LOL.

whoever said that? you? or the same "experts" who predicted that the cavs would own last year?

see that statement of yours is nothing but an "EXCUSE AFTER THE FACT".

Fact is-

that whole mismatch thing wasn't even discussed all through out the regular season.

hell it wasn't even discussed before the ECF.

i remember though how james made "THE SHOT" even before they won the ECF. those writers/experts did not foresee that cle would lose the series. "THE SHOT" was quickly replaced by "THE DUNK"- and lebron wasn't even the one dunking.

that whole analogy you posted ONLY came up after Lebron was nowhere to be found when he got his *** handed to him.

Fact is... ORL beat both BOSTON and CLEVELAND.

hindsight, they say, is 20/20. can't be more clearer than that. if you want to fudge it up a little though... "Whatever helps you sleep at night."