Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

Iverson to Memphis Official

Let me get this straight...

Using ESPN.com's Grizzlies depth chart (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/depth?team=mem), and adding Iverson, this is their lineup. Assuming that he's coming off the bench.

Mike Conley/Allen Iverson/Marcus Williams

O.J. Mayo/Allen Iverson/Marko Jaric

Rudy Gay/DeMarre Carroll/Sam Young/Trey Gilder

Zach Randolph/Darrell Arthur/Steven Hunter

Marc Gasol/Hasheem Thabeet/Hamed Haddadi

What on earth is that.

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

Using ESPN.com's Grizzlies depth chart (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/depth?team=mem), and adding Iverson, this is their lineup. Assuming that he's coming off the bench.

What on earth is that.

A very international and multicultural team...that's about it.

I don't know, barring toxic behavior from two particular players (which is unlikely) that team could surprise a few.

im an iverson apologist but i still wonder about the people who point at jameer's 5 assists per game and say he's not a point guard and use that as a deciding factor. but then you have iverson who's had several seasons of 7 or 8 assists per game and he's absolutely not a pg.

Either way i'm happy iverson got on another team. I think the dude gets more negative energy directed at him than he deserves.

i think this will hurt the grizzles even the pti boys said going to charlotte under brown would of been a better choice as he could make charlotte a playoff side where the grizzlies have no chance.

quote:

What on earth is that.

An expansion team.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:

What on earth is that.

An expansion team.

A pretty poor one at that

i'd waive randolph (or stephon marbury him) and go

iverson

mayo

gay

arthur

thabeet

thabeet can run well and i dont know a thing about marc gasol other than the fact that he gets decent stats.

I would run and run and run and try and get 150 every single game. People would like that style and some teams cant keep up. I bet you can get 30 wins doing that.

I'd also see if i could swing a Gasol, Arthur, Conley (or mayo), 2 future firsts into an elite PF or a SF that could play PF. Condense the scoring talent into iverson, mayo, gay, and have your 4 play D and run. Have your 5 play D and run. Maybe you can convince Atlanta to give up josh smith for mayo gasol and arthur (plus picks)

Its not necessary for Memphis to have Gasol, Thabeet, and Haddadi (all promising big men) when there are so many other glaring weaknesses.

a lineup of

conley/williams

iverson/jaric

gay/carroll/young/gilder

smith/someone/someone else

thabeet/haddadi/hunter

would be:

1. fun to watch

2. a bit more balanced with offense/defense

3. able to pass the ball a bit more

4. have a mediocre record and fight for a playoff spot well into april before settling as the 9th best team.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

i'd waive randolph (or stephon marbury him) and go

iverson

mayo

gay

arthur

thabeet

thabeet can run well and i dont know a thing about marc gasol other than the fact that he gets decent stats.

I would run and run and run and try and get 150 every single game. People would like that style and some teams cant keep up. I bet you can get 30 wins doing that.

I'd also see if i could swing a Gasol, Arthur, Conley (or mayo), 2 future firsts into an elite PF or a SF that could play PF. Condense the scoring talent into iverson, mayo, gay, and have your 4 play D and run. Have your 5 play D and run. Maybe you can convince Atlanta to give up josh smith for mayo gasol and arthur (plus picks)

Its not necessary for Memphis to have Gasol, Thabeet, and Haddadi (all promising big men) when there are so many other glaring weaknesses.

a lineup of

conley/williams

iverson/jaric

gay/carroll/young/gilder

smith/someone/someone else

thabeet/haddadi/hunter

would be:

1. fun to watch

2. a bit more balanced with offense/defense

3. able to pass the ball a bit more

4. have a mediocre record and fight for a playoff spot well into april before settling as the 9th best team.

Based on my own observation, Gasol does, by a lot, the most to help that team win. He isn't the best at anything really but guy competes and is going to be Kaman-type center, you know that guy who is good enough to be brought up by the TNT panel while talking about All-Star centers but probably won't ever really deserve a berth. They shouldn't have drafted Thabeet and they should have tried to turn that second overall pick (and the chance at snatching Rubio) into a deal to nab an atheletic 4 with a lot of upside. Shouldn't have gotten AI and if they are thinking of moving anyone, get rid of Gay before he walks. Mayo/Gasol/Anthony Randolph type player would be a very well balanced, affordable, and good "Big 3" three years down the road