Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan83:

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

Prediction

Florida vs Tennessee

Game of the year!!!!

It will not be a 30-6 Florida victory this season. I still think Florida will win but it will be real close game.

This game might even be better than the National Championship game.

Not gonna happen. Tebow will not play in the 4th quarter and it won't be for health reasons.

Tennessee has a ton of problems and they won't be fixed in one offseason. Particularly when their coach goes out of his way to piss off Saban and Meyer. Monte's Defense takes time and UT doesn't exactly have a healthy Derrick Brooks on the roster, although Berry is a great player. They are thin at receiver and Crompton looked good against Western Kentucky but was absolutely abysmal last year. That's a lot of question marks going up against a team that returns its entire defense that shut down the highest scoring offense in modern college football history.

And it's not like the Gators will be looking ahead, if playing a rival wasn't enough, Lane decided to poke the bear by falsely accusing Meyer of cheating. As Georgia found out, there are consequences. I will be in Gainesville to see firsthand what type of punishment Meyer sees fit to unleash. I imagine it will be worse than a couple late game timeouts and a fake knee on a kick return.

You are right, it won't be 30-6. It will be far worse.

haha. It's you Gator fans' c0ckiness that is what makes 99.9% of you d0uchebags.

UF fans not only think there's no WAY they will lose any game, they think they will blow EVERYONE they play out of the water.

Give me a break.

+1

Both of you know **** well that if FSU were the defending national champs and returning 18 of 22 starters, that neither one of you would have the least bit of fear playing against a team that didn't make a bowl the previous year, AT HOME no less. Both of you would be endlessly excited, fear no team, and make sure everyone knows it. It's funny actually, in the 90s I never met a single FSU fan that thought they would ever lose, now the shoe is on the other foot.

If there's one thing I've noticed watching college football religiously the past 20+ years, if you are winning, everyone hates you. Just look at Tim Tebow, the guy is a freaking saint but because he wins and the attention he gets because of it everyone outside of Gainesville hates him.

That's not why people hate him. There are two reasons why people hate him.

1. He's billed as the "Greatest College Football Player of All-Time". Explain how he's the best player ever when in all four years he's never even been the best player in Gainesville.

2. Most people (myself included) think that Tebow's off the field act is fake. Not saying he's not religious, just saying I think he turns the volume up a little bit when in front of a camera.

Wither or not you believe that Tebow's off the field act is fake is up to you. It does say something though when most people would rather believe someone is a a fake than just an all around good guy...

As for wither or not Tebow is the best player on his team. Well Freshman year sure I will give you that. But as for his sophmore and junior? yeah... right. I assume your talking about Harvin and its already been shown. The gators could win without harvin. They couldn't win without Tebow. Harvin was not as a good or as important of a player to the Gators. Thats why he never even sniffed the heisman.

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

Wither or not you believe that Tebow's off the field act is fake is up to you. It does say something though when most people would rather believe someone is a a fake than just an all around good guy...

As for wither or not Tebow is the best player on his team. Well Freshman year sure I will give you that. But as for his sophmore and junior? yeah... right. I assume your talking about Harvin and its already been shown. The gators could win without harvin. They couldn't win without Tebow. Harvin was not as a good or as important of a player to the Gators. Thats why he never even sniffed the heisman.

i think you guy's have had a plethora of defensive players who make more of an impact than tebow.

College Football has so many integrity issues.

Here is just one:

Why are teams allowed to play an unbalanced number of home/road games?

Each team should play 6 home games and 6 road games. Period.

I'm sick of teams being rewarded for playing cupcakes, and the majority of their games at home. Then that undeserved reward gets amplified when all the pollsters rank these teams higher than other teams that are better than them, simply because they have an easier schedule. The voters in the polls should rank the teams based on how good they are, not what they think their regular season record will be in the regular season. Too many of the voters treat it as a test of their research/prognisticating skills instead of simply basing it on which teams appear to be the best at that moment in time.

The management of this great game, which college football is, seriously needs to be altered.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

Here is just one:

I'm sick of teams being rewarded for playing cupcakes, and the majority of their games at home. Then that undeserved reward gets amplified when all the pollsters rank these teams higher than other teams that are better than them, simply because they have an easier schedule. The voters in the polls should rank the teams based on how good they are, not what they think their regular season record will be in the regular season. Too many of the voters treat it as a test of their research/prognisticating skills instead of simply basing it on which teams appear to be the best at that moment in time.

The management of this great game, which college football is, seriously needs to be altered.

teams also shouldn't be ranked until week 3. The fact that many teams are ranked in the preseason based on the past years success when a good amount of the roster graduates/went to the draft is dumb. All it does is give certain teams an advantage early on while teams like utah dont get to play in a national championship because they went unranked at the beginning of the season.

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

As for wither or not Tebow is the best player on his team. Well Freshman year sure I will give you that. But as for his sophmore and junior? yeah... right. I assume your talking about Harvin and its already been shown. The gators could win without harvin. They couldn't win without Tebow. The gators could win without harvin. They couldn't win without Tebow. Harvin was not as a good or as important of a player to the Gators. Thats why he never even sniffed the heisman.

I'm sorry, I just saw this and I have to say I whole heartedly disagree. John Brantley is amazing, and all the weapons we have with Rainey, Demps, Brandon James, Riley Cooper, Hernandez...I could go on and on, and that's only offensively. Brantley also has a much quicker release than Tebow. Not to mention Steve Addazio's style of offensive line coordinating matches the speed the Gators should play at so much more effectively.

And with all the returning starters defensively, it's already been talked about how hugely that helps and affects games. So yes, obviously Tebow is an amazing quarterback (of which the "doubters" think it's all an act...yet have not a shred of evidence to back those statements is quite humorous), but the Gators do not need Tebow to win games.

Also, I can't believe the Ohio State USC game hasn't been talked about more. I just have to say...lobotomy > being a fan in Cleveland.

Ohio State outplayed USC almost the whole game, but so classic of both teams: Ohio State crumbling and losing under pressure, and USC (Pete Carroll) doing well under pressure.

The only difference in the Gator offense with or without Tebow is they would score even more without him. Brantley has a much better arm, it's not even close. He's also smarter, which is a big deal at QB. Sorry, but I don't really want a guy who got a lower SAT than Noel Devine running my offense (that would be Tebow). Brantley can't run very fast, but neither can Tebow really. Add all of this up and it's why Brantley will play in the NFL and Tebow won't.

Tebow will most definitely play in the NFL man. Not saying he'll ever even start, but he is what many teams would kill for in a leader, a motivator, and just good PR and dedication and love for the game. Coaches at Florida aren't allowed to organize practices until (I forget the date and am too lazy to look it up now) a certain day, so Tebow took over that role and made sure every key player was on the field before the sun came up. He single handedly forced all those guys to train as hard as they do.

My only point is Tebow would sell too many tickets (due to popularity or lack thereof...eg. T.O.).

With all the Jags games getting blacked out this season, no sponsor for the stadium, and the horrendous shape they're in right now, I believe they will do all they can to pick up Tebow since he is from Jacksonville and it would most definitely fill the seats that they desperately need filled.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

Here is just one:

teams also shouldn't be ranked until week 3. The fact that many teams are ranked in the preseason based on the past years success when a good amount of the roster graduates/went to the draft is dumb. All it does is give certain teams an advantage early on while teams like utah dont get to play in a national championship because they went unranked at the beginning of the season.

For the record, I am an FSU fan, so read my comments here with bias if you want. But I had a discussion this past weekend with a good friend of mine who is a Gator fan about the merit of some teams being rewarded with high rankings and/or championships if they don't play a high level of talent.

It's well known that UF has chosen not to play UM for years. It's also well known that their schedule is perpetually stacked with cupcakes (Charleston Southern, Troy, FIU this year). Then you factor in SEC teams like Kentucky and Vanderbilt are year after year penciled into UF's schedule while SEC powerhouses are consistently passed over. Now take into account that UF's schedule as it stands right now only includes matchups with TWO top 25 teams (and Georgia's ranking is completely reliant upon their preseason ranking and thus suspsect).

So, having said all that, here's my question. Should strength of schedule factor into rankings much more than they do? For example, say South Carolina who has the #1 SOS in NCAA D1 football loses one matchup against a top ranked team, but UF runs the table against the #54 ranked SOS...which is the better team desrving of a higher poll ranking and a shot at a national championship.

FYI, my overall arguement with my friend this weekend hinged upon whether or not UF would be deserving of a national championship title game if they won out during the regular season? Basically, is a team with the #54 ranked strenght of schedule desrving of the #1 ranking in college football?