Sign in to follow this  
ReeceGaines

Otis offered up 1st round pick, Redick or AJ,and cash for CJ Watson, got denied[link]

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

I don't care how we get Dooling as long as we get him.

Then clearly we should offer Dwight for Dooling/filler.

Sweet Portman, we're talking about Keyon Dooling here. You need to take like 800 valium and a nap, man.

There's a thing called "managing assets". Offering first rounders every time you want something even a little is the opposite of that.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

Sweet Portman, we're talking about Keyon Dooling here. You need to take like 800 valium and a nap, man.

There's a thing called "managing assets". Offering first rounders every time you want something even a little is the opposite of that.

You know what I mean. Fu**ing a** I swear you love being one. I don't get that sh**.

quote:

quote:

quote:

You know what I mean. Fu**ing a** I swear you love being one. I don't get that sh**.

No, I don't know what you mean. That's the whole point.

If you say: "We should give up whatever it takes to get Dooling", that has a very specific meaning. It means, "we should give up whatever it takes to get Dooling". I didn't put words in your mouth. I took what you said to its logical extreme. I have no idea what "whatever it takes", or phrases that mean the same thing, means to you. I can speculate and make assumptions, but that's both rude and unnecessary.

Your entire point is idiotic, and no matter how much faux-outrage you muster up over it, it doesn't become less idiotic. What is Keyon Dooling worth? That's the question.

You say Otis offered a first for Watson, so we should offer a first for Dooling too. That ignores that there has been no confirmation on the Orlando end that a first was ever offered for Watson and that that could very easily be GS trying to inflate his value, the fact that something is offered for one player doesn't mean a second player should be offered the same. I'd give up multiple firsts to land Kevin Durant. I wouldn't give up a ******* thing to get Dahntay Jones. IT MATTERS. Watson makes/will make noticeably less than Dooling does, puts up better per minute numbers and is younger. IT MATTERS.

You want to say that you think we should give up JJ, AJ, 2 first round picks, a second round pick, the rights to swap 5 other picks, and the keys to the new arena for Dooling, fine. Say that. You're entitled to your opinion.

But this is a forum for discussion, and part of discussion is having your opinion critiqued. And given that your opinion makes little to no sense, horribly mismanages assets for a team with limited tradable assets, and does all that for a player who we weren't willing to keep on last year when he was making less money than he does now, you're opinion is going to get critiqued pretty hard. Especially by people like me who evidently love to act like asses, and by love to act like asses I of course mean have no problem criticizing ideas that I know to be shortsighted and stupid. Apparently people like you think we should all hold hands, sing Kumbaya and then talk about which boys we hope ask us to the prom. Your opinion isn't any more above criticism than mine is. If you have a problem with the things I've said about your points, by all means, tell me where I'm wrong. Make counterpoints. That's how a debate works. So if you're upset with someone's criticism of your points, make counterpoints or shut up

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Keyon Dooling was/is an awful PG. Decent small SG, terrible at running an offense.

we dont need him to play a traditional point role; cj watson isnt really a point either; we just need him [or vince carter] to bring the ball up, spot up behind the line, and shoot threes [which he hit 42.1% of last season]

and on defense, we can count him to play lockdown on the rajon rondos and mo williams and derek fishers we'll be facing

offensively, keyon is a near clone of cj watson; undersized 2 guard forced to play point, who lacks court vision, but can shoot a mean 3; keyon separates himself by his ability to defend the 1 position

Oh, how I miss Keyon Dooling dribbling the shot clock down to 9 seconds only to wildly attack the basket or take a contested jumper. Good times.

Keyon's a good energy guy defensively off the bench, but he's not even a better PG than Anthony Johnson.

UGH, HOW IS THIS NOT PEC?

quote:
quote:
Magic.City.23. wrote:http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_13148272

**** we offered the Dubs a 2011 mid 1st, Redick and cash considerations for Watson..... And they still turned it down... icon_redface.gif

As posted on other thread I don't think that the Magic offered what this article says. BTW it's the only one posting this, plus it didn't mention what guard.

You should checkout this if you don't believe me.

"Keep in mind that any deal over the $800,000 Watson earned last season makes him a Base Year Compensation player, and in a sign-and-trade deal the Warriors could only take back 50% of Watson's first year salary, meaning to have any real value to the Warriors, Watson's first year salary would have to be north of $4 million. A Trade Player Exception has no real asset value unless it's over $2 million. A deal involving Anthony Johnson at $1.9 million means a first year salary of almost $4 million; a deal involving J.J. Reddick means a first year salary of almost $6 million - astronomical numbers for C.J. Watson."

Like I said before no way did the Magic offer 4-6 million for a backup pg.

This side note Redick has been with the Magic since 2006 and Kyler still cannot spell his name :roll:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?STORY_ID=13616

http://www.realgm.com/boards/v...25&t=936464&start=75

This BassMaster drives me CRAZY.

we might also look into Sergio Rodriguez; he is buried third on Sac Town's depth chart [Tyreke Evans and Beno Udrih]

perhaps a 1st rounder would get it done? shot about 32.5% from 3 point land last year tho, which is a problem for our system; but thats about what Rafer Alston will get you too, and we did allright

*Sergio was acquired for a 2nd round pick I believe, during the draft

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

Oh, how I miss Keyon Dooling dribbling the shot clock down to 9 seconds only to wildly attack the basket or take a contested jumper. Good times.

Keyon's a good energy guy defensively off the bench, but he's not even a better PG than Anthony Johnson.

it mighta been a fluke season or whatever, im not sure, but he turned into more of a jump shooter last year, and excelled in this new role [42.1% on threes, very high offensive efficiency]

quote:

Apparently people like you think we should all hold hands, sing Kumbaya and then talk about which boys we hope ask us to the prom. Your opinion isn't any more above criticism than mine is.

Personally, I'm not going this year unless JJ asks me to go with him.