Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

3rd PG signing critical to Magic(Kennedy, Mass-RealGM)

trading gortat for anything less that a starting pg whould be a huge mistake. if howard gets hurt the magic would be in serious trouble without gortat. jacklj

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

You have Jackson and Carter ranked higher than Williams and Arroyo. Carter can't even shoot and Jackson plays more like an off guard not a pg. Murray is the same as Jackson. What happens if Howard is doubled and Carter is left wide open, he will jack up a brick and that will be a wasted possession. In our offense the PG has to be able to knock down the 3. Carter is terrible at shooting 3s.

Why do we need another shooter on the team? There will be 4 others on the court Im all for AC.

You mean 3 other shooters. 1 of the players have to be the center. I rather use AJ as our backup if we had to choose from AC or AJ.

Looks like Anthony Carter could soon be crossed off our free agent PG list...

quote:

And there is considerable work to be done. The Nuggets are trying to bring back guard Anthony Carter, who is an unrestricted free agent. Carter was seeking a multiyear deal but may have to sign a one-year contract for the veteran minimum, which for him would be $1.3 million.

"We're definitively trying to sign A.C.," Nuggets vice president of basketball operations Mark Warkentien said.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_13033913

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Looks like Anthony Carter could soon be crossed off our free agent PG list...

quote:

And there is considerable work to be done. The Nuggets are trying to bring back guard Anthony Carter, who is an unrestricted free agent. Carter was seeking a multiyear deal but may have to sign a one-year contract for the veteran minimum, which for him would be $1.3 million.

"We're definitively trying to sign A.C.," Nuggets vice president of basketball operations Mark Warkentien said.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_13033913

YES!!!!!!

Good Move Denver.

We don't need Carter here.

It's still looking like Watson. It may drag out more then I thought. The magic are obviously talking to other guys like Jwill (yahoo link in other thread) and more, but the Magic know they need a guy who can start if Jameer gets hurt.

I got an email saying a young reporter on RealGM was bashing us saying he has real sources..etc. I do not know the thread, but basically the PM said he verified the smaller deal I was posting on was being discussed. He also was mainly ripping tragicfan, but that makes total sense since tragicfan trolled the forums with complete BS.

The agent for CJ did not completely dismiss my rumor from what I read was posted.

That being said, it is cool that an up and coming media guy is posting what he hears. In the end everyone is a Magic fan. We just can not all post our sources or they get in trouble and go away.

I still believe we can get CJ. It just matters what Otis is willing to give. GSW may want to do a trade where we send a player or pick to them for CJ and then have to send some of the TPE to them for ANOTHER player (like the VC Ryno deal). That is the main issue. I am pretty sure that Otis just wants CJ and would send some of the TPE for him. We can not afford to take on another player right now.

So it is a wait to see what teams will offer more value to GSW.

Also, I believe the hobo is correct and Foyle will be our 3rd C.

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

quote:

If we can't get Watson I still like Arroyo the best...can't figure out why I don't see his name being linked anywhere...and I mean you don't see it anywhere on the net.

Weird...

Junkie, let me help you on why you don't see Arroyo's name anywhere on the web ... ready for the answer, intriguing - well I read that all the GMs think that Arroyo pretty much sucks and they aren't clamoring to get him.

Don't want him, don't need him.

I think this improves my life in that I can understand better when people think a post is about JJ when it doesn't even mention him.

Way to go!!!

quote:

If we can't get Watson I still like Arroyo the best...can't figure out why I don't see his name being linked anywhere...and I mean you don't see it anywhere on the net.

Weird...

BJ (Taino) it is weird ... and a hell of a coincidence that neither, Carlos nor the Magic, have supplied their respective insufficiencies, as off yet?

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

It's still looking like Watson. It may drag out more then I thought. The magic are obviously talking to other guys like Jwill (yahoo link in other thread) and more, but the Magic know they need a guy who can start if Jameer gets hurt.

I got an email saying a young reporter on RealGM was bashing us saying he has real sources..etc. I do not know the thread, but basically the PM said he verified the smaller deal I was posting on was being discussed. He also was mainly ripping tragicfan, but that makes total sense since tragicfan trolled the forums with complete BS.

The agent for CJ did not completely dismiss my rumor from what I read was posted.

That being said, it is cool that an up and coming media guy is posting what he hears. In the end everyone is a Magic fan. We just can not all post our sources or they get in trouble and go away.

I still believe we can get CJ. It just matters what Otis is willing to give. GSW may want to do a trade where we send a player or pick to them for CJ and then have to send some of the TPE to them for ANOTHER player (like the VC Ryno deal). That is the main issue. I am pretty sure that Otis just wants CJ and would send some of the TPE for him. We can not afford to take on another player right now.

So it is a wait to see what teams will offer more value to GSW.

Also, I believe the hobo is correct and Foyle will be our 3rd C.

Catman who do the GSW want from us and who do they want us to take back? Also who do you think has more leverage right now?

Im honestly not sure who they want us to take back. The player they want could be Ryan Anderson if I had to guess, but no way would I trade that guy.

Hell, I am one of the few who thinks Fran could be an asset next year if we trade Gortat. The guy has really developed over in Europe.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

Im honestly not sure who they want us to take back. The player they want could be Ryan Anderson if I had to guess, but no way would I trade that guy.

Hell, I am one of the few who thinks Fran could be an asset next year if we trade Gortat. The guy has really developed over in Europe.

You and me both Catman...

Check this link...Fran had the highest PER(I think it's called val on these stats) of his team.

He has one more year after this coming one...the 2010-11 season Fran has a player option for something like 1.8 million.

Dude had a great season, imo...

http://www.acb.com/stsacum.php...equipo=BAR&totales=0