Sign in to follow this  
Catman Forever

Get ready for bad news...Shard suspended for 10 games

quote:
Originally posted by skinnyhoops:

if you want to support drug using athletes, go ahead. I support the Magic but not druggies

lol, way too overreact, we don't know the full story at all yet!

quote:

if you want to support drug using athletes, go ahead. I support the Magic but not druggies

It was supposedly accidental, in some OTC supplements.

quote:

a druggie is a coke head imo this could have been a mistake like the article says im still a shard fan. and we r lucky only 10 games

if this wasn't a mistake, which theres a good chance it wasnt, than I lost some respect for Shard.

If he's telling the truth, that it was accidental, have fun convincing every other team. I could believe it's accidental, I mean who would be taking steroids during drug testing periods? Thats just dumb.

Mixed feelings....plz be an accident...

quote:
Although DHEA supplements are widely used by athletes and body builders to boost muscle mass and burn fat, there is little evidence to support these claims. There are few published clinical studies of the long-term effects of taking DHEA, particularly in the large doses used by athletes. Plus, the building blocks of testosterone, including DHEA, may adversely affect cholesterol in male athletes by lowering high density lipoprotein (HDL or "good") cholesterol.

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/arti...rone-dhea-000299.htm

So it's ok to "accidently" take supplements that contain illegal enhancers, as long as you only miss 10 days? Sending the wrong message to our youth.

first of all, good athletes know exactly what they are taking so they don't risk anything like this. Rashard is what we call a bone head.

Can't they trace/check your supplements prior to taking them?

This is just retarded. Is there a precedent here? I don't remember hearing about a NBA player getting suspended for performance enhancers. Wouldn't believe that Shard is the only one.

Guys around the league eat and drink all kinds of suppliments throughout the year. Most of it doesn't have stuff in it that the NBA bans, but sometimes guys make "the honest mistake" of drinking/eating something that has.

Shard isn't a roider.

some people are straight up drama queens...

simmer down...you know less than the sentinel does, and that appears to be fairly limited at this juncture...

don't go after his first born just yet...if you can restrain yourselves that long...

DHEA of all things, pfft, big deal...it's hardly even a questionable supplement, there just isnt enough hard data on the limited effect that it actually does have, it's only banned out of precaution...