quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

quote:
Originally posted by TheJambo:

quote:
Originally posted by HighAngleEd:

quote:

yeah...nice rumor to get discussion going, but this won't happen. We won't pay a backup 5mil

Gortat on line 1 for you....

Pietrus on line 2

and

Bass on line 3

pietrus was brought in to start, it just didn't work out that way...and bass is a BIG making like 4 mil.

oh, btw...5>4

Pietrus is a Back-up on this team..NOW

Gortat is a Back-up on this team NOW(until he agrees to be traded)

Bass is at $4 mill, which the rumor states Felton would sign for under $5mill, which I know $4mill is under $5mill

So, I know we all can make up things to make our own statements sound better, but in the real world it is what we have now that counts.

I was going by what I read was the rumored amount and it was below $5mill...

If Otis is going for a Championship this year he can trade 2 guys for one that can play both positions, and get cheap Minimum guys to fill out the roster... Like a Bowen, and a Lue to be 3rd string Point Guard..

my point is that they aren't going to pay 5 mil for a pg that has no chance to start unless there is an injury. Bass could very well start on this team and we won't be paying the majority of gortat's deal.

quote:

By the way, just to let everyone know....

Orlando and Charlotte are in trade discussions..

but Orlando is also talking to numerous teams with numerous scenerios..

So what is being stated on this thread is being discussed along with other options as with every team out there... So stop dogging the person for just letting people know what is happening.. He did not say it was definite, just that talks are ongoing, and players names being tossed around.

I think everyone understands what you're saying and the guy really shoudn't be bashed but it's just tempting to make fun of someone on a message board that throws the term MY SOURCE TELLS ME. I mean is he a 007 undercover agent. It's like going with your 5th grade class to visit Washington DC and telling everyone you went to visit the President. Its called starving for attention which many membrs of this board are.

GO MAGIC!!!!

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by HighAngleEd:

quote:

yeah...nice rumor to get discussion going, but this won't happen. We won't pay a backup 5mil

Gortat on line 1 for you....

Pietrus on line 2

and

Bass on line 3

pietrus was brought in to start, it just didn't work out that way...and bass is a BIG making like 4 mil.

oh, btw...5>4

Pietrus is a Back-up on this team..NOW

Gortat is a Back-up on this team NOW(until he agrees to be traded)

Bass is at $4 mill, which the rumor states Felton would sign for under $5mill, which I know $4mill is under $5mill

So, I know we all can make up things to make our own statements sound better, but in the real world it is what we have now that counts.

I was going by what I read was the rumored amount and it was below $5mill...

If Otis is going for a Championship this year he can trade 2 guys for one that can play both positions, and get cheap Minimum guys to fill out the roster... Like a Bowen, and a Lue to be 3rd string Point Guard..

my point is that they aren't going to pay 5 mil for a pg that has no chance to start unless there is an injury. Bass could very well start on this team and we won't be paying the majority of gortat's deal.

I understand what you are saying... Any other year I would agree with you, but this year Otis is going for it.. He would be replacing 2 guys with one guy at the same salary as the other 2, and he would be capable of backing up both positions, and he would be tremendous insurance if Jameer goes down, even for a 10 game stretch.. That could make a difference in 1st or 4th seed this year..

I like this trade for both teams. But, according to the wire, it seems like CHA and Felton want to be together there is just a number issue in the way. They both want long term deals. That tells me they want him otherwise the hangup wouldnt be numbers but length. I dont think its happening. I also dont think its happening because it would be sending out 2 players in return for 1 again. We cant keep doing this. We have a lot of spots to fill in this roster. I would like to get my hands on felton though.

quote:
Originally posted by 135BPM+:

My sources tell me the bobcats are trying to trade for Grant Hill and get Christian Laettner to come out of retirement. LOL

You actually think Michael Jordon would trade for JJ and have him and Gerald Henderson leading the Bobcats in the middle of Tarheel country. His ego will not allow it.

GO MAGIC!!!!

so he won't trade for a guy from duke, but he'll draft one...

quote:

quote:

My sources tell me the bobcats are trying to trade for Grant Hill and get Christian Laettner to come out of retirement. LOL

You actually think Michael Jordon would trade for JJ and have him and Gerald Henderson leading the Bobcats in the middle of Tarheel country. His ego will not allow it.

GO MAGIC!!!!

if NC is the middle of tarheel country, then where is the middle of duke country?

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:

quote:

GO MAGIC!!!!

if NC is the middle of tarheel country, then where is the middle of duke country?

There isn't one. As a another poster said, there are more Duke fans outside of NC than inside the state. The state is Tarheel crazy. BTW my above post is pretty much tounge in cheek.

I would like him here but I doubt that it would work out. Hes used to being a starter every since he came in the league now your talking about demoting him to the backup pg spot. I just cant see this trade going down. But if it did, now your talking about a $5 mill backup pg. Is it worth it?

Cause they want Redick, Johnson and a future 1st for Felton.

I like Felton but I just think he too like Gortat will be disappointed in their roles as backups when they could start for any team. I dont want any problems on the team for as playing time.

Duke is a private college, UNC is a state school. It's really no surprise that there are more UNC alumni and supporters. It would be like living in Volusia county, and being surprised that more Gator fans vs Stetson fans if they played each other in Baseball.

Am I mistaken? Or is this guy too good of a player to come off the bench? This kid can play...

Edit: If we can land this guy...Otis had one HELL of an offseason...

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Evil Dead:

quote:
Originally posted by TragicFan:

Felton's people are telling Otis that he will accept a backup role and less money on a short deal to play for a contender and get his value at an all time high. He knows this is a golden opportunity to shine and God forbid if Jameer goes down he will be in a bigger spotlight then he has ever been in before.

If we get Felton our 3rd string would obviously be a scrub from the D-League.

Also, Otis is trying to get Ajinca since he knows losing a 1st round pick would be tough.

That would leave the Magic with a solid 2nd PG, a solid backup big to groom for the future, and still a 2nd round pick to get some young talent.

I just got a call from my inside source who said that David Lee (who also is a restricted free agent) is interested in coming to the Magic to play for a contender. He wants to drive his value up. He said he does not mind coming off the bench, and wants to play a year in Florida. He wants to get a ring this year, and then cash in on a bad team after next year.

You see what I did there...that logic works too.... Good job making this trash up...it gives us something to talk about. Tomorrow could you make some thread about LBJ coming to our team.

You just hot-dropped it like it was a South Park episode right there.

Bravo, good sir. Bravo.

all right, it's time I come out of my shell..

first, PEC, go away, you're killing my eyes with your ignorant/bitter posts.

it's speculation at this point (if it comes true or was just talked about).. everything kyler, schmitz, denton is speculation.. so this is exciting news for fans like you and I that live on these boards/"rumor" websites.

Isn't that the reason why we have discussions and post links.. Or is it to gain credibility ? To you, maybe.. Cut the guy a break..