Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

J.J. 's future? Coach Moreau says it's time for respect(pg.12)

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

A quick note about the Boston series: I think JJ did an above average on Allen. He definitely contributed. But pretending that Allen wasn't gassed after Game 3 of that series is silly, as is ignoring everything else that I listed in my previous post. Recognizing the circumstances of something is critical in honest debate. Donte Green isn't a ALL-NBA scorer just because he dropped 40 in a summer league game last year.

Ray Allen can't create his own shot anymore, he relies on screens and ball movement. The same way JJ does, its like he was guarding himself so naturally he did a good job. JJ can't guard guys who can create and who are athletic with size since jj is undersized.

quote:
Originally posted by 135BPM+:

GO MAGIC!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:
Originally posted by 135BPM+:

I'd like to meet this PEC. She sounds like ONE HOT LADY.

GO MAGIC!!!

it's official, you are pec.... and this is how you reply with quotes by the way.

Sorry guys. The only relation that I have to PEC is my willingness to give Redick credit for what he does and acknowledgement of his worth to the Magic. Like PEC, I look forward to JJs extended minutes next season and watching many on this board squerm as he continues to grow and improve.

GO MAGIC!!!!

could not have said it better but man so much hate here thats wjy i do not post much i dont need the crap some rattle off no need for that

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

The JJ bashing is getting out of control. He is a serviceable backup SG. Thats it, he has improved his defense and has also shown that he can pass and has one of the best Basketball IQs on this team. If only he could make shots more consistently. But people who want to get rid of him it just makes no sense, he does not have a bad contract and knows the system and is a good team guy. The guy is not a starter in the NBA, not on this team or probably any other. But he is capable of playing meaningful minutes and if he can get himself right mentally and become the type of guy who does need to be in rhythm and can come in and contribute when needed he has a place on this team. People who think he is a really good player are wrong, but people who think he is below average i feel are also wrong. He is an average to slightly above average player who has worked hard and improved every year.

Book it. VABeach said is it is true. Good as gold.

From Coach Anthony Macri of HoopsWorld...

quote:

Jim in Orlando, Fla.:

Finally it seems some positive things for J.J.! Sources say Otis doesn't want to trade him. John Hollinger thinks he's in line to be Vince's back-up. Will his improvement continue? Is his future w/ Magic? How will Stan implement him in rotations?

Anthony Macri:

I have always felt if you use a guy like JJ correctly, he can be a productive role player in the league. It looks like he is a guy they will count on to provide outside shooting, hustle, and intelligence. Not a bad role at all for a guy like that.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?CHAT_TOPICS_ID=418

quote:

quote:

A quick note about the Boston series: I think JJ did an above average on Allen. He definitely contributed. But pretending that Allen wasn't gassed after Game 3 of that series is silly, as is ignoring everything else that I listed in my previous post. Recognizing the circumstances of something is critical in honest debate. Donte Green isn't a ALL-NBA scorer just because he dropped 40 in a summer league game last year.

Ray Allen can't create his own shot anymore, he relies on screens and ball movement. The same way JJ does, its like he was guarding himself so naturally he did a good job. JJ can't guard guys who can create and who are athletic with size since jj is undersized.

So when Allen drops 50 on JJ you will simply say that Allen had a good nigth. I mean the next time we play Boston we shouldn't guard Allen at all and hope he has a bad shooting night!

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:

quote:

So when Allen drops 50 on JJ you will simply say that Allen had a good nigth. I mean the next time we play Boston we shouldn't guard Allen at all and hope he has a bad shooting night!

I wouldn't want to take a risk on Ray scoring 50..

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Step back from the ledge Sky, you've been Mr. Angry voice a lot lately and it's kind of funny. Kind of.

There are plenty of people here with realistic veiws of JJ, but the one's that talk the most (because they are passionate about the topic) are the people on the extreme ends of the issue.

JJ Fanatics, and those who stand in their opposition. I would say JJ haters, but I honestly think it's more anti JJ Fanatics than it is anti JJ. Granted, there are some that just don't like JJ, but I think they are the minority.

I think the new topic title for this thread is misleading. I don't think JJ will end up playing more minutes than last season, I think he will end up playing less. I think Hollinger is mistaken in his line up assumptions, but then, I'm just another opinion. No one really knows until Stan makes it happen.

The way I see it, JJ and Anderson both will struggle to find minutes on this team. We still need a third PG. If we can't find a viable option using the trade exception of a vet minimum contract, it might come down to trading away something we have that has value, in order to get what we need.

I don't think Gortat will be traded until next summer (though he certainly could be moved, particularly to a team like Houston that might get desperate for a Center that can start.

That pretty much leaves Anderson and JJ. I'm sorry, but Anderson is coming off of his rookie season and has already shown more promise than JJ's entire NBA career so far. We need to hold on to that youth and potential. Giving Anderson a shot on this team seems more logical than giving JJ yet another, if it comes down to it.

I just wonder how much value he really holds as a tradeable asset outside of being an expiring contract.

I half agree with you. I think Anderson's a rotation player, while barring injury I don't think Redick can beat out Barnes or MP for steady playing time.

Calling Redick the 10th or 11th (IMO 10th, he's better than A.J.) best player on the most stacked team in the NBA on paper doesn't really say much.. he'd be the 6th or 7th best player on Charlotte, so what? Maybe even higher. Just because he has very talented guys around him, doesn't mean that J.J. sucks hard.

I'm not even arguing that Redick should be Carter's immediate backup. I'm just arguing that the over-love he gets is pretty much unfounded, and the same goes for the over-criticism he gets is also just as unfounded, in my opinion, based on what he actually did on the court last season. There are definitely reasonable arguments on both sides, but yeah... LOL I guess the "fanatical" arguments are beginning to fray on my nerves.

Yes, this is a discussion forum, and every one has a total right to have and share their opinions. However, I think it's safe to say that J.J. Redick is the most polarizing player in the history of the Orlando Magic, and certainly the most polarizing on the roster. Random threads about Anthony Johnson's minutes don't pop up and get 100+ replies over pretty much nothing. The only thing that's ever come close was the Jameer v. Carlos debates.

I don't know what the heck the actual reason for this is.. maybe because of him being big man on campus at Duke once upon a time, I dunno.

But when people think that the guy is barely D-League worthy, or that Ray Allen defended HIMSELF when if Courtney Lee had shut him down, he would of been treated like he walked on water... I don't know, I'm not exactly on the ledge, but the severe lack of logic makes me want to headbutt my monitor. I haven't yet, but the urge remains.

Son of a bee sting why to all JJ threads have to end up like this, its getting so tiresome, personally I dont see the point in getting into endless heated discussions over a guy who plays so few minutes. Do I hope he plays well when on court - yes. Will I be remotely bothered if he leaves - no. Some middleground between the slobbers and the haters would be nice.

The guy is a borderline average player in the NBA, no more no less. I just find it hilarious that people on these boards seem to view him as either the second coming or the anti christ. All I care about is him playing well when he does get minutes and maybe, just maybe thats because he wears a top that says Orlando Magic.

Whether he's good or bad I hope the ball goes in the basket whenever he shoots, just like every other player on the team. I just wish whenever his name was mentioned certain board members intellects wouldn't regress to that of 5 year olds.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Step back from the ledge Sky, you've been Mr. Angry voice a lot lately and it's kind of funny. Kind of.

There are plenty of people here with realistic veiws of JJ, but the one's that talk the most (because they are passionate about the topic) are the people on the extreme ends of the issue.

JJ Fanatics, and those who stand in their opposition. I would say JJ haters, but I honestly think it's more anti JJ Fanatics than it is anti JJ. Granted, there are some that just don't like JJ, but I think they are the minority.

I think the new topic title for this thread is misleading. I don't think JJ will end up playing more minutes than last season, I think he will end up playing less. I think Hollinger is mistaken in his line up assumptions, but then, I'm just another opinion. No one really knows until Stan makes it happen.

The way I see it, JJ and Anderson both will struggle to find minutes on this team. We still need a third PG. If we can't find a viable option using the trade exception of a vet minimum contract, it might come down to trading away something we have that has value, in order to get what we need.

I don't think Gortat will be traded until next summer (though he certainly could be moved, particularly to a team like Houston that might get desperate for a Center that can start.

That pretty much leaves Anderson and JJ. I'm sorry, but Anderson is coming off of his rookie season and has already shown more promise than JJ's entire NBA career so far. We need to hold on to that youth and potential. Giving Anderson a shot on this team seems more logical than giving JJ yet another, if it comes down to it.

I just wonder how much value he really holds as a tradeable asset outside of being an expiring contract.

I half agree with you. I think Anderson's a rotation player, while barring injury I don't think Redick can beat out Barnes or MP for steady playing time.

Calling Redick the 10th or 11th (IMO 10th, he's better than A.J.) best player on the most stacked team in the NBA on paper doesn't really say much.. he'd be the 6th or 7th best player on Charlotte, so what? Maybe even higher. Just because he has very talented guys around him, doesn't mean that J.J. sucks hard.

I'm not even arguing that Redick should be Carter's immediate backup. I'm just arguing that the over-love he gets is pretty much unfounded, and the same goes for the over-criticism he gets is also just as unfounded, in my opinion, based on what he actually did on the court last season. There are definitely reasonable arguments on both sides, but yeah... LOL I guess the "fanatical" arguments are beginning to fray on my nerves.

Yes, this is a discussion forum, and every one has a total right to have and share their opinions. However, I think it's safe to say that J.J. Redick is the most polarizing player in the history of the Orlando Magic, and certainly the most polarizing on the roster. Random threads about Anthony Johnson's minutes don't pop up and get 100+ replies over pretty much nothing. The only thing that's ever come close was the Jameer v. Carlos debates.

I don't know what the heck the actual reason for this is.. maybe because of him being big man on campus at Duke once upon a time, I dunno.

But when people think that the guy is barely D-League worthy, or that Ray Allen defended HIMSELF when if Courtney Lee had shut him down, he would of been treated like he walked on water... I don't know, I'm not exactly on the ledge, but the severe lack of logic makes me want to headbutt my monitor. I haven't yet, but the urge remains.

I'm not talking about your points, I'm talking about your new voice... taking on the voice of DoM and being angry all the time doesn't work for you.

*******BREAKING NEWS UPDATE ON JJ REDICKS FUTURE******

The answer to where he will be employed in the very near future

122240922_3069498559.jpg?v=0

quote:
Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

*******BREAKING NEWS UPDATE ON JJ REDICKS FUTURE******

The answer to where he will be employed in the very near future

122240922_3069498559.jpg?v=0

I'm sure on this board JJ could play the roll of one of:

outsiders1983.jpg