Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

J.J. 's future? Coach Moreau says it's time for respect(pg.12)

quote:
Originally posted by 135BPM+:

I definitely don't see JJ taking minutes from Carter and Pietrus will get his mins. if he plays like he did in the playoffs and stays healthy. Redick will be getting his if Pietrus is at the 3 and Carter needs a break at the two. Or JJ could possibly earn mins. at the 2 if Stan decides to play Carter at the 3. There is a variety of options that Stan has and Redick will defintely be in the mix. That is what this thread was surprisingly started by balljunkie for, too show that Redick could possibly be called upon to play a bigger role this season. He usually doesn't post anything positive about JJ. I guess he thought we all needed something to argue about.

GO MAGIC!!!

JJ currently sits dead last in the rotation with 11 players signed to contracts. Do you guys really believe that SVG is going to tweak his rotation, or play guys out of position just so JJ can move up in the rotation?

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

I definitely don't see JJ taking minutes from Carter and Pietrus will get his mins. if he plays like he did in the playoffs and stays healthy. Redick will be getting his if Pietrus is at the 3 and Carter needs a break at the two. Or JJ could possibly earn mins. at the 2 if Stan decides to play Carter at the 3. There is a variety of options that Stan has and Redick will defintely be in the mix. That is what this thread was surprisingly started by balljunkie for, too show that Redick could possibly be called upon to play a bigger role this season. He usually doesn't post anything positive about JJ. I guess he thought we all needed something to argue about.

GO MAGIC!!!

JJ currently sits dead last in the rotation with 11 players signed to contracts. Do you guys really believe that SVG is going to tweak his rotation, or play guys out of position just so JJ can move up in the rotation?

I don't. Doesn't make sense if your main goal is to win a championship.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

Point is that there is no way in hell Redick beats out or take minutes from Carter, Pietrus and Barnes. All 3 players offer way more than Redick does. Carter is out of discussion but Pietrus and Barnes are 2 hustle players that can score. Redick can just score, thats it. If Redick became a good rebounder or defender or passer and hustles like Pietrus and Barnes has in previous seasons,then he would get more minutes. But since he doesn't do none of the 3 he will be the odd man out of the rotation. That's not being a Redick hater at all, that's just being real. Redick has to go to a team that will accept his flaws and give him the minutes he needs to be somewhat the scorer he was in college. He won't get that opportunity with the Magic. Were ready to win now not wait on Redick to develop his game. The days of grooming J.J. Redick here are over.

That's awfully presumptious of you.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by ST since 90:

I am kind of like Skywise in that I don't understand the JJ hate on this board. I'm still waiting for someone to explain what's criticism of JJ and what's hate. I think he's a horribly inefficient shooter who in 3 seasons in the NBA has never even approached a "good" shooting percentage. Does that make me a hater, or someone with criticism? Sh1t be ambiguous.

Actually I think you are both. And add to that you are a hater of people who disagree with you. I guess there is no more room for ambiguity.

It seems to me that the Magic have hired SVG and Otis to do the best job that they can to win a championship. And they got to the Finals last year. Yet so many on this board seem to think they can do a better job of managing the team than Otis and SVG. Taking the logic presented here to its logical conclusion, we shouldn't have this message board at all. If having an opinion different from team management is inately wrong, why have a discussion forum at all?

I don't care if you criticize me or JJ. I simply think that you should blame SVG for playing JJ because SVG is the "decider". If you believe that SVG is sabotaging the team, you should be upset with SVG. Unless you are suggesting that JJ refuse to go in the game when SVG wants him to.

JJ is doing his best to get things done in the NBA. Only a few deny that he has improved yearly since his arrival. A large vocal group on this board is opposed to JJ playing any significant minutes, and have relegated him to the end of the bench or trading block. Another group sees the improvement and thinks that JJ deserves minutes. And a few think we should build the team around Redick, instead of around Howard. I'm opposed to JJ getting minutes because he is a role player who fills a role we don't need(and he's not even especially good at that role, as his shooting percentages can attest). Thus, I want him traded to bring in a role player who fills an actual need. Again: is that criticism/discussion fodder, or haterism? Sh1t be ambiguous.

Again, where is the ambiguity. You have been very consistant is rebuking any support that is given to JJ. That is clearly in the first of the 3 categories I stated above. Don't call it hate if you don't want to. But don't many call it some kind of perverted love of JJ if someone disagrees with them. By the way instead of using a 1 in sh1t, you should use a number 2. Use a 1 for p1ssed.

Opinions are discussion fodder. And as any cow could tell you, all fodder eventually becomes sh2t.

All that really matters is what SVG and Otis think. Discussion forum. If JJ really does suck, then we should be complaining about SVG and Otis because of their stupidity in playing him. We do that. Often. Yes, even after he starts for a series win against Boston.

Or a person could trust that Otis and SVG are NOT being held captive by PEC or a gang of teen girls who won't let JJ be traded. Maybe they actually think that JJ can contribute in a significant way to our success next year. So my only options are "Believe that every decision made by the Magic FO is made under duress" or "Agree without question with their decisions". That makes sense.

I realize that it does not make sense that to you that SVG may have a higher opinion than you of JJ's worth. Or that anyone else could either.

Maybe SVG even thinks that JJ deserves more minutes than Barnes at the 2. I would hope so, since Barnes is a combo forward, and really has no business getting minutes at the 2. The issue was always whether it was a better decision to start Redick/Carter or Carter/Barnes, or really where Carter starts. Barnes at the 2 was never an option.

I stand corrected. But the issue is the same. Can JJ be the primary backup at the 2 behind Carter, or Pietrus if Carter moves to the 3.

No matter how much brilliance some posters think they display, the poster must admit that Otis and SVG have a better understanding of what they want than anyone on this board. True, but what a person wants isn't always the best thing for them. Most toddlers have a better understanding of what they want than I do, but I also know better than they do, for instance, what foods are healthy. Obviously, that's an extreme example, and I'm not saying I'm smarter than SVG or Otis, but I am saying that I am completely capable of disagreeing with their decisions. Again: discussion forum.

I will grudgingly admit that you are smarter than most 2 year old kids. In fact, you are one of the smartest posters on here. That does not mean, however, that you are always right on issues, such as the value of JJ. Or that someone else is stupid because they disagree with you

Also: why is it that the same people who get angry when I tell them their opinions are stupid and tell me how "everyone is entitled to their opinion" undercut that very point by demanding obedience to Otis/Stan whenever there is an article or comment like this one that sort of supports their point.

I actually get worn down by the consistant bashing (is that a better word than hater?) or slobberin' over JJ any time his name comes up in the boards. My middle of the road approach is probably considered improper by both factions.

Hey, you have a right to say what you want on this board. But, so do I. And in my opinion JJ is an significant asset to the Magic, and I support their decision to let him play more, if in fact it is true. I don't. And you're undercutting yourself again.

Uhh, it is ok to have doubts, even if you believe something to be true.

And I will not be intimidated when the haters decide to attack me because they are frustrated over what SVG or Otis are doing with JJ. Who are the haters? Again: no one has, to my knowledge, said they wished JJ contracted cancer of the everything. They're suggesting he doesn't help the team. There's a difference. perhaps bashers is a better word than haters. None of you are a more loyal or faithful fan of the Magic than I am, no matter how pithy your comments, or excellent your LOL cat skills are. I'll give you credit for the word "pithy", since it doesn't get used enough and that's a shame, but writing a paragraph where you both declare that you boldly will not be silenced, and then you throw a back-handed insult at a large group of the board with all the subtlety of a drive-by, you're really asking for the kind of response you claim to be unafraid of. It's all well and good that you're unafraid, but in making the latter comment you walk boldly past the point of "righteous defender of the noble maiden Redick's honor" and into the realm of "self-righteous jerk who's looking for a fight".

It is a great compliment for you to call me a jerk. And you are the pythiest one here. That is a compliment too. And I will not do this color thing again. It is just too hard.

quote:

quote:

quote:

You're as consistent as a Politician. I get death wished upon me for supporting Redick. I would say you hate him because you don't know me.

Actually, my position on JJ has been remarkably consistent.

The quote you took from that other thread was, in fact, about you, and your assumption was both wrong and completely ridiculous. If I make a statement about you, obviously I'm not referring to JJ, unless you are JJ. Are you JJ? Because then I'll take my statement back, and acknowledge I hate JJ.

But no, I have no problem saying that you have contributed absolutely nothing of any value to this board in any way, shape, or form, that the board would be much better off from your absense from it, and that, given my interactions with you are strictly limited to this board, I'd certainly be happier imagining you dead(since then you don't participate on the board) then imagining you alive(since then you write posts like this, where you demonstrate a remarkable inability to use the dam quote command.)

Also, how someone confuses: "I'm imagining you dying" with "I'm wishing you were dying", I'll never know, but the words start with different letters and they are not synonymous. Right now, I'm imagining Ben Affleck dying, and that makes me smile too. Do I wish Ben Affleck would die? Of course not. That's ridiculous.

And your whole statement about that previous thread, and the fact that you're now trying to play martyr against the big, mean, scary DOM is seriously too stupid to contemplate. You made that thread, at least supposedly, to ask what people thought of Matt Barnes. The fact that it was a blatant and obvious attempt to bait people into somewhat criticizing Barnes so you could use that to trumpet JJ was obvious immediately, and I called you on it immediately, which you ignored. Then when about 12 posts came in, you wrote an ode to JJ that barely mentioned Barnes, and I wrote the post you tried and utterly failed to quote. Why? Because you've yet to make a coherent point on this board, you write at the level of the average 4th grader, and your JJ apologizing nonsense bores the hell out of me. I couldn't stand the nonsense arguments you've made about JJ>Barnes last year when magic berto was making them about JJ>Lee(and they were IDENTICAL arguments, and they were stupid then too), but at least when he feigned outrage it was funny in a "the puppy just peed on the carpet, but look at him: he's so proud. It's just so cute, I can't stay mad" sort of way.

You on the other hand have written 130 posts, and I would bet dollars to donuts that 110 of them mention Redick implicitly. That's fine. I don't mind player fans when they know what the hell they're talking about. You don't, and worse yet, you have shown no indication you ever will.

Every point you've made that I've seen in the last 2 weeks has been about how Barnes has never proven himself in Stan's system because he hasn't had a chance yet.

Then, someone points out that JJ had a chance and failed spectacularly. You respond to this with: "I expect JJ to get his shot back".

Ignoring for a second the fact that JJ has never shot above 44% in college or the pros, you're making a gigantic assumption here. And yet you think it's simply outrageous that Matt Barnes, who even after adjusting for minutes and pace to level him off with JJ still averaged more points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks and shot a better percentage AND played better defense, might be a better player than JJ Redick, and you think it's presumptious of someone like me to suggest, on a discussion forum no less, that Barnes will get more minutes than JJ. Seriously?

I think it's presumptious for you to make completely unfounded statements about JJ's attempts to "get his shot back"(to what? 44%? That's still lousy) and legitimately believe that what you think JJ will do actually has any bearing on any kind of argument. Your statements about JJ getting his shot back are roughly on par with me saying: "Barnes will be better because he'll shoot 80% from 3!". The thing is, though, I haven't said that. I've said Barnes will be better because he's more proven, because he's a better defender, and because he puts up better stats across the board even after adjusting for minutes played.

After all that, you know what? Keep whining. I'll keep putting you in your place like the worthless waste of oxygen you seem bent on demonstrating yourself to be. It's easy, actually. I cursory look at basic facts almost does it for me. But do yourself a favor: stop whining. There are other JJ fans on this board, and people like you and PEC(assuming you're not the same person) make it harder for them, since your arguments border on the kind of thing I would write if I wanted to satirize how stupid I thought JJ fanatics were.

I'd like to meet this PEC. She sounds like ONE HOT LADY.

GO MAGIC!!!

I usually don't even bother getting into these priceless discussions about the almighty Redick because, well, as proved in this thread, there is no getting through to the JJ worshipers.

I find it absolutely hysterical how DoM, echo4papa, etc. are continuously bashed for simply proving the Redick fanatics wrong because they say things that obviously hurt their feelings.

135BPM+, nice response to DoM's post, by the way. He completely just, as blackhennie already pointed out, "pimp-smacked" you and you proved that by having NOTHING to respond back with (not that I was expecting you to have anything logical to say anyways). That post summed up your intelligence level, as well as, your immaturity.

The funny thing is, I actually don't have any problems with Redick at all. I will and have always supported ANY player that puts on the Magic blue. I also have NO problems with people, like you, that are blatant hardcore supporters of an individual player. However, when you obviously don't have a god **** clue as to what your talking about in efforts to bloat that one player, even if he means to put down other players on the team, that's when I begin having problems.

Redick > Barnes? Seriously? Don't make me puke in my mouth again.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

quote:

quote:

GO MAGIC!!!

I don't. Doesn't make sense if your main goal is to win a championship.

This would be my ideal lineup, utilizing all our weapons, and making the best possible sense for a run at the ship:

Meer/AJ (depending on who the FA's gonna be)

Carter/Redick

Peaches/Barnes

Shard/Bass/Anderson (the odd man out till I see what he can do for us)

Dwight/Gortat

quote:

quote:

quote:

I am kind of like Skywise in that I don't understand the JJ hate on this board. I'm still waiting for someone to explain what's criticism of JJ and what's hate. I think he's a horribly inefficient shooter who in 3 seasons in the NBA has never even approached a "good" shooting percentage. Does that make me a hater, or someone with criticism? Sh1t be ambiguous.

Actually I think you are both. And add to that you are a hater of people who disagree with you. I guess there is no more room for ambiguity.

Except that I never asked what you thought of me; I asked what the difference was between criticism and haterism. Since you didn't answer, I guess we still don't know. Sh1t still be ambiguous

It seems to me that the Magic have hired SVG and Otis to do the best job that they can to win a championship. And they got to the Finals last year. Yet so many on this board seem to think they can do a better job of managing the team than Otis and SVG. Taking the logic presented here to its logical conclusion, we shouldn't have this message board at all. If having an opinion different from team management is inately wrong, why have a discussion forum at all?

I don't care if you criticize me or JJ. I simply think that you should blame SVG for playing JJ because SVG is the "decider". If you believe that SVG is sabotaging the team, you should be upset with SVG. Unless you are suggesting that JJ refuse to go in the game when SVG wants him to. I didn't realize we were talking about past instances of JJ playing. I've complained about those previously. The issue at hand is the upcoming season, and we're discussing who we think should play based on the articles/quotes in question. Given that these are future events, why complain about SVG playing JJ, if such playing of JJ hasn't happened yet?

JJ is doing his best to get things done in the NBA. Only a few deny that he has improved yearly since his arrival. A large vocal group on this board is opposed to JJ playing any significant minutes, and have relegated him to the end of the bench or trading block. Another group sees the improvement and thinks that JJ deserves minutes. And a few think we should build the team around Redick, instead of around Howard. I'm opposed to JJ getting minutes because he is a role player who fills a role we don't need(and he's not even especially good at that role, as his shooting percentages can attest). Thus, I want him traded to bring in a role player who fills an actual need. Again: is that criticism/discussion fodder, or haterism? Sh1t be ambiguous.

Again, where is the ambiguity. You have been very consistant is rebuking any support that is given to JJ. That is clearly in the first of the 3 categories I stated above. Don't call it hate if you don't want to. But don't many call it some kind of perverted love of JJ if someone disagrees with them. By the way instead of using a 1 in sh1t, you should use a number 2. Use a 1 for p1ssed.

Opinions are discussion fodder. And as any cow could tell you, all fodder eventually becomes sh2t.

Well that's a nice little quote, even though it really has no bearing on the conversation. As for your earlier point, if you've decided that criticizing any player/believing they don't deserve minutes is "hating" or "bashing" or whatever is today's vocabulary word, then ok, sure, I'm a JJ hater. I think he can't contribute to the team in a meaningful way because he fills a need we don't have. Oh well. I guess you caught me.

All that really matters is what SVG and Otis think. Discussion forum. If JJ really does suck, then we should be complaining about SVG and Otis because of their stupidity in playing him. We do that. Often. Yes, even after he starts for a series win against Boston. Where he was outplayed by his backup. Where he was starting because the actual starter was recovering from an injury. Against a team without their best player. Against a team that is aging. Against a team that was shorthanded. Against a team that had just played the longest playoff series in NBA history.

And if the issue is JJ or Barnes, why do we not credit Barnes for his start in a playoff win for GS, when they were an 8 seed and beat a healthy 1 seed?

Or a person could trust that Otis and SVG are NOT being held captive by PEC or a gang of teen girls who won't let JJ be traded. Maybe they actually think that JJ can contribute in a significant way to our success next year. So my only options are "Believe that every decision made by the Magic FO is made under duress" or "Agree without question with their decisions". That makes sense.

I realize that it does not make sense that to you that SVG may have a higher opinion than you of JJ's worth. Or that anyone else could either.

No, I don't understand why I should not be allowed to disagree with them. Just as I don't understand why it would be so difficult for someone such as yourself to accept the idea that maybe JJ hasn't been traded yet because no one wants him.

Maybe SVG even thinks that JJ deserves more minutes than Barnes at the 2. I would hope so, since Barnes is a combo forward, and really has no business getting minutes at the 2. The issue was always whether it was a better decision to start Redick/Carter or Carter/Barnes, or really where Carter starts. Barnes at the 2 was never an option.

I stand corrected. But the issue is the same. Can JJ be the primary backup at the 2 behind Carter, or Pietrus if Carter moves to the 3.

And I think he can't, for a list of reasons I've written out several times. So far the only thing a JJ supporter has written in response to my posts is to either call me a hater(like you've done), to ramble incoherently(like PEC), or to say that JJ will get his shot back. I've already addressed presumptious claims about JJ getting his shot back, so I'll not repeat myself, but suffice it to say: I'd love to have an actual debate about this. But so far, all anyone has done is present their opinion with no backup of any kind, and then complained about how much of a hater I am when I tore their argument to shreds.

No matter how much brilliance some posters think they display, the poster must admit that Otis and SVG have a better understanding of what they want than anyone on this board. True, but what a person wants isn't always the best thing for them. Most toddlers have a better understanding of what they want than I do, but I also know better than they do, for instance, what foods are healthy. Obviously, that's an extreme example, and I'm not saying I'm smarter than SVG or Otis, but I am saying that I am completely capable of disagreeing with their decisions. Again: discussion forum.

I will grudgingly admit that you are smarter than most 2 year old kids. In fact, you are one of the smartest posters on here. That does not mean, however, that you are always right on issues, such as the value of JJ. Or that someone else is stupid because they disagree with you.

I know a lot of people who are both incredibly smart and disagree with me on any number of issues. But the fact that there are people who are smart and disagree with me doesn't mean anyone who disagrees with me is smart, particularly when they're arguing something that is inately unintelligent. If you believe JJ should start/get minutes ahead of Barnes, make a case for such a scenario. We'll debate it. But arguing that I'm "bashing JJ" because I present factual evidence suggesting that there is no planet that exists where that should occur is ridiculous. It's a discussion forum. That's my half of the discussion.

Also: why is it that the same people who get angry when I tell them their opinions are stupid and tell me how "everyone is entitled to their opinion" undercut that very point by demanding obedience to Otis/Stan whenever there is an article or comment like this one that sort of supports their point.

I actually get worn down by the consistant bashing (is that a better word than hater?) or slobberin' over JJ any time his name comes up in the boards. My middle of the road approach is probably considered improper by both factions.

As a general rule, it's not a good idea to jump into the middle of an argument and side with one side or the other if you consider yourself to be in the middle.

Hey, you have a right to say what you want on this board. But, so do I. And in my opinion JJ is an significant asset to the Magic, and I support their decision to let him play more, if in fact it is true. I don't. And you're undercutting yourself again.

Uhh, it is ok to have doubts, even if you believe something to be true.

My point was that if any anti-JJ post was JJ bashing because we can't disagree with Stan, then posting any kind of discussion fodder is pointless.

And I will not be intimidated when the haters decide to attack me because they are frustrated over what SVG or Otis are doing with JJ. Who are the haters? Again: no one has, to my knowledge, said they wished JJ contracted cancer of the everything. They're suggesting he doesn't help the team. There's a difference. perhaps bashers is a better word than haters. None of you are a more loyal or faithful fan of the Magic than I am, no matter how pithy your comments, or excellent your LOL cat skills are. I'll give you credit for the word "pithy", since it doesn't get used enough and that's a shame, but writing a paragraph where you both declare that you boldly will not be silenced, and then you throw a back-handed insult at a large group of the board with all the subtlety of a drive-by, you're really asking for the kind of response you claim to be unafraid of. It's all well and good that you're unafraid, but in making the latter comment you walk boldly past the point of "righteous defender of the noble maiden Redick's honor" and into the realm of "self-righteous jerk who's looking for a fight".

It is a great compliment for you to call me a jerk. And you are the pythiest one here. That is a compliment too. And I will not do this color thing again. It is just too hard.

If you read it, I said you were acting like a jerk, not that you were one. Also, I'm not sure why you'd be proud of acting confrontational while claiming to merely standing firm. I make no effort to pretend I'm not going to shove my opinion down people's throats, but I at least have the decency to acknowledge that's what I'm doing.

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

This would be my ideal lineup, utilizing all our weapons, and making the best possible sense for a run at the ship:

Carter/Redick

Peaches/Barnes

Dwight/Gortat

I don't imagine that to be unrealistic in the least. However, this particular discussion hinges on the presumption that JJ will play an increased role this year over last.

Considering first that JJ played 17.4mpg last year competing with rookie CLee for minutes while Pietrus missed half the season with injuries, and further considering that VC has averaged 38mpg during his illiustrious career. Where/How is JJ getting more than 17.4mpg with this year's team and the significantly beefed up roster (especially in the backcourt)?

A quick note about the Boston series: I think JJ did an above average on Allen. He definitely contributed. But pretending that Allen wasn't gassed after Game 3 of that series is silly, as is ignoring everything else that I listed in my previous post. Recognizing the circumstances of something is critical in honest debate. Donte Green isn't a ALL-NBA scorer just because he dropped 40 in a summer league game last year.

quote:

quote:

Carter/Redick

Peaches/Barnes

Dwight/Gortat

I don't imagine that to be unrealistic in the least. However, this particular discussion hinges on the presumption that JJ will play an increased role this year over last.

Considering first that JJ played 17.4mpg last year competing with rookie CLee for minutes while Pietrus missed half the season with injuries, and further considering that VC has averaged 38mpg during his illiustrious career. Where/How is JJ getting more than 17.4mpg with this year's team and the significantly beefed up roster (especially in the backcourt)?

If Carter plays 38mpg this year, then I honestly don't care to see Redick play since we'll have a badass on the court at all times... but given that during the regular season, I really wouldn't WANT Carter playing that much, I think Redick could squeak in there for about 10-12mpg, just to provide a blow for Carter.

And I DON'T want to see Peaches at the 2. I like him as the swing-man 3. And him and Barnes can duke it out for that spot, and split minutes evenly for all I care.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Carter/Redick

Peaches/Barnes

Dwight/Gortat

If Carter plays 38mpg this year, then I honestly don't care to see Redick play since we'll have a badass on the court at all times... but given that during the regular season, I really wouldn't WANT Carter playing that much, I think Redick could squeak in there for about 10-12mpg, just to provide a blow for Carter.

And I DON'T want to see Peaches at the 2. I like him as the swing-man 3. And him and Barnes can duke it out for that spot, and split minutes evenly for all I care.

I'd always rather see peaches or Barnes @ the 2 over JJ. I want the best defender out there and you are not loosing much having them launch 3's instead of JJ either.

quote:
Originally posted by magicfreak#1:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Carter/Redick

Peaches/Barnes

Dwight/Gortat

I'd always rather see peaches or Barnes @ the 2 over JJ. I want the best defender out there and you are not loosing much having them launch 3's instead of JJ either.

Barnes won't be playing the 2; he's a combo-forward.

And Peaches, while he CAN play the 2, I like him better at the 3. And him and Carter on the floor at the same time will mean we won't get abused at the SG/SF positions anymore... which hasn't been the case since... ever.

Redick can be a backup in my lineup. Period.