Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

5 most hated to ever put on Blue and White

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:
Tmac was always lazy tho. Like was he incapable of hitting the gym? or hustling out a play. His attitude was annoying.

With such athleticism, pure shot, and good defense you'd think Tmac would have gotten somewhere.

Like past the first round...

You can toss that bull**** around all you want, but the fact is Tmac was one of the top 3 players in the league during his domination with the Magic. He almost single-handedly led the team past what would be a a championship squad.

You may have been 11-years old at the time, but offensively, Tmac was the most impressive player the Magic have ever had.

that's a fair point, but wait a year and ask a Cavs fan (if LeBron walks as expected) who features on their most hated and chances are they won't have the same affection for him after he ditches them, irrespective of his talent

quote:
that's a fair point, but wait a year and ask a Cavs fan (if LeBron walks as expected) who features on their most hated and chances are they won't have the same affection for him after he ditches them, irrespective of his talent

Well to me, a player like Tmac never got a full commitment from the franchise, so I don't hold it against them that they'd like to move on (Hockey Puck was dying to get him outta here). If Lebron walks they only have themselves to blame, but people generally have a hard time facing up to that.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Third, Unless you hate Nick Anderson because of the missed free throws (which makes some sense because you apparently hate Courtney Lee now), I don't get why you would hate Nick Anderson either. He's been nothing but a class act in the community and always played hard when he was a player. Not to mention, at least two of the most memorable moments in Magic history were plays made by Nick.

In summary, you sir, suck for make my head hurt this much.

I have always liked Nick Anderson...missed FT's or not. But the fact that he is STILL with the organization, getting the crowd ready for the announcing of the starting lineups and banging a drum during the playoffs, should endear him to Magic fans for the rest of time.

Nick Anderson is the polar opposite of Shaq.

quote:

You may have been 11-years old at the time, but offensively, Tmac was the most impressive player the Magic have ever had.

And he wasn't bad on defense either.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

You gotta feel for Tmac tho. Since Karma is constantly sticking it in his a**.

He ditches Toronto to be the go to guy somewhere else. Yes it helped him to be a superstar player for a few years. But if he would have stayed in Toronto he would have had a dynasty and possibly rings with Vince. And if Tmac would have stayed in Toronto I'm sure Vince would have too. That means. Vince, Tmac, Bosh all on the same team. So he leaves Toronto, and nothing happens in Orlando. Barely got him anywhere, no help.

Then he gets impatient with us and ditches Orlando to seek a better team. Understandable, but di*k move. We get nothing in return. He sits on his high horse, thinking with Yao and the gang hes finally gonna get out of the first round. Wrong. Injuries. Etc. Now coming into the 2k10 season were all thinkin, Rockets seem scary with Yao, Artest, Brooks, Tmac, Battier, Scola... Wrong. Yao is gone for season. Artest leaves. Oh..have fun Tmac with that team.

^so he ditches to find a "Big Man". Yet he left Bosh and Dwight who all flourished into top players.

Ummm, Bosh would not have gone to Toronto in that scenario. They would not have gotten the 4th pick in that draft. That little difference would have meant that he was in Miami, and Wade would be in Clipperland (No way Miami doesn't take Bosh over Wade, he was considered a better prospect). And then the Heat probably wouldn't have won an NBA Championship. More reason to hate TMac.

quote:

quote:
Tmac was always lazy tho. Like was he incapable of hitting the gym? or hustling out a play. His attitude was annoying.

With such athleticism, pure shot, and good defense you'd think Tmac would have gotten somewhere.

You can toss that bull**** around all you want, but the fact is Tmac was one of the top 3 players in the league during his domination with the Magic. He almost single-handedly led the team past what would be a a championship squad.

I never said he wasnt. I agree he was one of the best players at the time, and an offensive maniac.

I'm just saying, you can't ignore his personality/attitude.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

quote:

quote:

I never said he wasnt. I agree he was one of the best players at the time, and an offensive maniac.

I'm just saying, you can't ignore his personality/attitude.

His personality? Look back at those teams he had, those teams he basically single handely led to the playoffs. It is a surprise he didnt ask for a trade earlier, management dropped the ball big time. You cant tell me for 5 years no one wanted to play with probally the best scorer in the league at the time. Also cant really blame T-mac for the injuries. He had a bad back, not really his fault.

Snak.... Because he never shuts up and is always throwing the Magic under the bus. Can't wait to play them next year.

Grant "bobblefoot" Hill... As others said, not so much for crippling the team salarywise for 5 years but for finally getting healthy and then bolting to Phoenix thinking hes going to get a ring. Oh and also proclaiming that he was healthy with the help up his father, to cost us getting the injury exception. dooosh!

Pat Garrity.... How the hell did this guy manage to stay in a Magic uni for so long? I'm thinking some type of sexual favors to somebody.

I don't really hate him per se, I just hated to ever see him step on the court.

Penny Hardaway... I'm sorry, I have a problem when you have behind closed door team meetings to oust the coach..even if the coach was B Hill.

T-Mac... for quitting on the team and crying injury when you are making millions. Yeh, the team sucked but he showed what a primadonna ***** he was when he pulled that BS. You're still getting paid max money guy and nobody forecasted the G Hill debacle.