Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Return of PR sensation Carlos Arroyo?(link) Update bottom of pg. 5

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

I'd rather take someone like Quinn who can shoot the ball better.

Unless Arroyo develops a 3 ball, I wouldn't prefer him. Being able to shoot the 3 is important on this team.

omg, you cant be serious.

Chris Quinn is a total scrub.

a scrub with starting experience and 40% 3pt shooting.

Plus, look at the guy 4192.jpg?x=65&y=85&xc=1&yc=1&wc=164&hc=215&q=100&sig=LOMG_2_sL1nkuWjuDj63MA--

I bet we'd sell more tickets to the "mentally handicapped" crowd.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:

Unless Arroyo develops a 3 ball, I wouldn't prefer him. Being able to shoot the 3 is important on this team.

Plus, look at the guy 4192.jpg?x=65&y=85&xc=1&yc=1&wc=164&hc=215&q=100&sig=LOMG_2_sL1nkuWjuDj63MA--

A Scrub who can barely get on the floor with a rookie pg starting (who's also not that good), a scrub who started when the team only won 15 games.

I rather have Lue back than Quinn.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:

come on he's not that bad, but for real i dont think that we have a chance with carlos.

quote:

A grown man who looks like a 12 year old? Really?

I would take Carlos Arroyo back if he's signs for the vet minimum. I read through the previous Carlos Arroyo thread and he wants a serious starting role.

I think that its possible for Carlos to start for scrub teams but it doesn't seem realistic for a contender. His ego won't let him shy away from the thought of being a backup and not the main man on the floor.

I would love having him here to back up Jameer. He would have a sick second lineup and great bench depth.........well.........if he doesn't go on a shooting slump that is. He's a great passer and he walks the ball up to the front court far more easily than AJ.

quote:

If Arroyo develops a better shot, and the fans cheer for the whole team and not just Arroyo, than I'd like him back.

As I posted on another thread:

As a Puerto Rican, I would love to see Arroyo back on my favorite team. I think it's great when someone can represent my country in the NBA, or anywhere for that matter, there aren't many Puerto Ricans in the NBA and there are a lot of us that live in the Central Florida area, so excuse us for cheering on our favorite player.

If he doesn't come back though, I wont lose any sleep over it. In the end I am still a Magic fan.

The other day i was joking around with one of my friends at work and she told me off in spanish so i was like "tu madre" and she freaked out and was all like "oh my god you could get shot for saying that in puerto rico!" And i was like "Puerto Rico??? Carlos Arroyo es Puerto Rico!!!!" I miss this guy.... but he cant defend or shoot the three

realisticly, what's the most you'll pay for Arroyo?

With Philly being interested and having the MLE in hand, we might have to pay more than the vet min to get him.

$2M would be fair, imo. No?

quote:
Originally posted by leissaK:

quote:

If Arroyo develops a better shot, and the fans cheer for the whole team and not just Arroyo, than I'd like him back.

As I posted on another thread:

As a Puerto Rican, I would love to see Arroyo back on my favorite team. I think it's great when someone can represent my country in the NBA, or anywhere for that matter, there aren't many Puerto Ricans in the NBA and there are a lot of us that live in the Central Florida area, so excuse us for cheering on our favorite player.

If he doesn't come back though, I wont lose any sleep over it. In the end I am still a Magic fan.

No, I mean like cheering for like Rashard if he hits a crunch time 3 pointer with only a minute left in the game. And not waiting for Arroyo to get in to start cheering when he does something good.

Well, we're alreadyin the luxury tax as it is, so...

If it's true we still hold his bird rights, then I'd top it off at 3 million per. About the same as Dooling was paid when he was here.

By the way though, Carlos isn't that much better than Chris Quinn.