Sign in to follow this  
fecone

with Odom back to the Lakers: how well do we match up?

quote:
Originally posted by Da_Coach:

quote:
Originally posted by orlandomagicin09:

i think artest will realize he is just a piece to that team and will thrive in it.....he is smarter,a better passer,a better shooter, a better defender than ariza is.....not to mention artest can play s/g s/f or even p/f if needed for spurts.....this is my opinion and i hope i'm wrong

What are you smoking? Artest a better defender than Ariza? Artest is a shell of himself as a defender for the past 2 years now. He will do ok against larger sf's like melo, but will get torched by the quicker more athletic wings in the league. That's where I hope to see our damage done, with carter, pietrus and barnes. Artest for Ariza is a downgrade in my opinion. Ariza is an athletic, quicker and overall much better defender than artest is now. Now houston has the 2 best defender's in the league. Ariza's spot up 3pt shooting is better. He is a much more stable character and is better for team chemistry. He was their 4th best and arguably 3rd best player in the laker's championship and he's ONLY 24! So the laker's give up one of their integral pieces, who has still not hit his full potential, for an unstable, unpredictable headcase who's past his prime and signed him to a 5 year deal, wow.

Houstan couldn't wait to get rid of him, and they were ecstatic that they were able to essentially swap ariza for him, what a steal. You know artest's crazy @ss missed the first couple buses to game seven in the houston LA series and hopped on the executive bus with the owner and team execs with only his underwear on, not to mention his questionable decision making, shot selection and play breaking on the floor.

Ariza helped the laker's win another ring and they threw him away. I guess otis doesn't look as dumb now.

You must be an ariza fan. Artest is better all around player than Ariza is. You cant be serious thinking hes not. Artest still is a 20ppg player that gives you lockdown defense and assist and rebounds. Ariza dont give you all that. This is not even an argument really.

The Lakers top 2 scorers Bryant and Gasol averaged the same amount of points as our big 3 Howard Turk and Lewis.

Lewis stats:

17.4ppg 7.6rpg

Gasol:

18.6ppg 9.2rpg

Thats not that much of a difference. Gasol didnt kill us. Kobe did. And our big 3 didnt show up together. Gasol and Byant showed up every game while our big 3 basically took turns showing. Scoring wise Howard didnt show up at all. He had 2 games that was ok but mostly he was there for just rebounding(15.2rpg) and blocking shots(4bpg). Nelson wasnt fully recovered and played to many minutes as well. But overall there team showed up to play and ours didnt.

Doesnt mean Gasol killed Lewis at all. Cause that arguement can go both ways. They both couldnt guard each other but the Lakers had Lamar Odom to throw at Lewis. We only had Tony Battie to throw at Gasol. Theres a difference. Odom is a better player and defender than Battie is.

Everyone is in panic mode before the season ever starts. We have won against the Lakers before. IMO we lost the finals because of bad ooaching decision made by SVG and lack of experience. We lacked the killer instinct, but are better with VC, Bass, Barnes and a healty Nelson. Who knows if Lakers will be the same and healthy this year. IMO VC and Bass will make Howard better. Artest will cause major lockerroom problems.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

quote:
Originally posted by Da_Coach:

quote:
Originally posted by orlandomagicin09:

i think artest will realize he is just a piece to that team and will thrive in it.....he is smarter,a better passer,a better shooter, a better defender than ariza is.....not to mention artest can play s/g s/f or even p/f if needed for spurts.....this is my opinion and i hope i'm wrong

What are you smoking? Artest a better defender than Ariza? Artest is a shell of himself as a defender for the past 2 years now. He will do ok against larger sf's like melo, but will get torched by the quicker more athletic wings in the league. That's where I hope to see our damage done, with carter, pietrus and barnes. Artest for Ariza is a downgrade in my opinion. Ariza is an athletic, quicker and overall much better defender than artest is now. Now houston has the 2 best defender's in the league. Ariza's spot up 3pt shooting is better. He is a much more stable character and is better for team chemistry. He was their 4th best and arguably 3rd best player in the laker's championship and he's ONLY 24! So the laker's give up one of their integral pieces, who has still not hit his full potential, for an unstable, unpredictable headcase who's past his prime and signed him to a 5 year deal, wow.

Houstan couldn't wait to get rid of him, and they were ecstatic that they were able to essentially swap ariza for him, what a steal. You know artest's crazy @ss missed the first couple buses to game seven in the houston LA series and hopped on the executive bus with the owner and team execs with only his underwear on, not to mention his questionable decision making, shot selection and play breaking on the floor.

Ariza helped the laker's win another ring and they threw him away. I guess otis doesn't look as dumb now.

You must be an ariza fan. Artest is better all around player than Ariza is. You cant be serious thinking hes not. Artest still is a 20ppg player that gives you lockdown defense and assist and rebounds. Ariza dont give you all that. This is not even an argument really.

Lockdown defense? Not anymore, now that's not an argument. As for offense he's on the decline, with his shot selection and play breaking as I mentioned, among playoff qualifiers last season he ranked just above rafer alston in fg % and only 28% from 3. For the money, chemistry, hustle, effort, defense, spot up 3pt shooting, I'm inking ariza over artest at this stage in their careers.

(NBA.com for statistics)

they have a good line up but we may not even play them so its not worth worring about that match up yet celtics and cavs are more important at the moment.