Sign in to follow this  
star_phenom35

Gabe Pruitt?

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

the celts have been trying to trade pruitt since before the trade deadline last season. There must be a reason why...

And the Jazz have been trying to trade Carlos Boozer, but I wouldn't hesitate to have him on this team. What's your point?

House and Pruitt play different positions.

He did was behind Marbury, which is understandable. What says something is that they're still trying to trade him while they don't have a backup for Rondo as far as I know, since they didn't resign Marbury.

I don't know much about Pruitt, only that he scores a lot of 3 pointers as a starter in NBA 2k8 lol, but looks like he's not good, unless the problem is a character one.

Pruitt started for Boston's summer league team here in O-town, and averaged about 11 ppg and 4 apg in approx 25 mpg. Best game was the last one, where he had 13points and 9 assists in just over 25 minutes. I didn't see any of the games, just went back to check the box scores. I am not really impressed with those stats, especially against summer league competition. I am thinking AJ could have done better, so I don't think he is an upgrade. The last game being the best might be encouraging - maybe he was getting a better read on his teammates?? Does anyone know/remember him from the summer league games?

A friend of mine who's from LA, swears that Gabe is the goods.

He played ball with him and has played with alot of different NBA players going through the LA school systems (Pruitt, Farmar, Jennings, Derozan, etc... and Rubio even played at his gym). He swears Gabe is better than all the names I mentioned, skill-wise, he tells me Gabe is better than them. lol

Idk, for what it's worth, maybe Stan could get his best out of him and really allow Gabe to shine......however, I don't see Boston or Orlando intiating a trade with one another.

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

Didn't Boston offer us Pruitt and someone else for JJ Redick last year??

I think that is all the answer that anyone needs.

Yeah, Otis is no dummy, he wouldn't have picked up JJ's option for 2.8 mil. if he was going to trade him away for trash.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

the celts have been trying to trade pruitt since before the trade deadline last season. There must be a reason why...

And the Jazz have been trying to trade Carlos Boozer, but I wouldn't hesitate to have him on this team. What's your point?

find me an article saying that utah was trying to trade boozer before the trade deadline last season. then get back to me oh master of uselessness.