Diplo

Magic No Longer Favorites For Watson [update p.47]

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Rule:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

It sounds crazy to even consider doing a sign and trade for our third point guard. The pieces that Otis would be willing to give up are not exactly things that Golden State would want.

Unless it's just Watson for the rest of the Dooling TPE. If they are considering letting Watson go for nothing, that should work.

Like i said they could trade watson for Doolings TPE and we throw in part of the cash we got from toronto and Jeremy richardson and then they could cut rich and keep the money and have doolings tpe.

Ignoring the fact that you can't combine a player with a TE, why would GS want Richardson if they were just going to cut him? That makes absolutely no sense for GS to do.

I was just baiting you DOM..

Actually you can combine a player IF he is a minimum salary player WITH a TPE

quote:

The "Minimum Salary exception" allows teams to acquire minimum-salary players without regard to salary matching under the Traded Player exception (see question number 68). For example, a team over the cap can trade a second round draft pick to another team in exchange for a minimum-salary player, even a 10-year veteran earning over $1 million. To qualify, the player can be signed for no more than two seasons, can be paid no more than the then-minimum salary in any season, and can have no unlikely bonuses.

When a team acquires multiple players in the same trade, it essentially ignores the incoming salary for all minimum-salary players, as they fall under the Minimum Salary exception. For example, a team is over the cap and trades a $5 million player, receiving in return a $6 million player and two players earning $1 million each on minimum-salary contracts. The team trading the $5 million player can accept only $6.35 million in return (125% plus $100,000 of $5 million), and the three incoming players combine for $8 million in salary. However, the two $1 million players are covered by the Minimum Salary exception, so only the $6 million player is traded with the Traded Player exception. Since $6 million is within the team's $6.35 million limit using the Traded Player exception, the trade is allowed.

It cuts salary or they can keep a fourth guard if they want one, plus to your fans it looks like you got cash, a player, and a TPE for one guy

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

buck would ypu prefer eveyone watch cnn instead of fox or are you just a little onesided. just curious. jacklj

No not at all Jack. I actually think the media in general is bias.

I mentioned Fox news because that was the first thing to come to mind.

My father was a super right wing thinking Republican and Fox news was all he watched. He would regularly rant about how its the most un biased news source. On the other hand all of my Liberal college friends prefer to watch CNN, CBS, and MSNBC. You get a healthy dose of Chris Matthews, Lou Dobbs, and Bill Maher on those networks, whereas with Fox its mostly conservative viewpoints from Anne Coulter and Bill O'Reilly.

I actually dont watch the news at all unless there is a major disaster or world ending epidemic.

The point is people listen to what they want to hear, just like PEC listening to the voices in her head telling her JJ should start and that he is the hardest working player on the Magic.

Anyways, sorry for going off topic.

I said that Redick works hard on improving his game and that others should do the same. Where in that post did I say he should start, well that most be the voices in your head.

I never said start him, backup he's great.

Just like people should never assume that Redick won't be backing up VC and saying that he will be the 4th in line. None of us no that.

That will all be sorted out by Stan once camp starts for this coming season.

Assuming what you don't know gets you no where, except it will give you the worst of headaches if your carefully laid plans in your head go completely wrong.

If Otis thinks that Watson is so much better then AJ then maybe he should trade AJ for him.

Since he doesn't seem to be making that move then he seems to be supporting AJ.

But then we don't know anything, because as of now nothing on that front has changed.

Just maybe Otis is happy with the way things stand on that front and Otis will pickup a scrub to play 3 string pg or he will use a player who is already on the team to do that instead.

Yes this is just my opinion.

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Rule:

I was just baiting you DOM..

Actually you can combine a player IF he is a minimum salary player WITH a TPE

quote:

The "Minimum Salary exception" allows teams to acquire minimum-salary players without regard to salary matching under the Traded Player exception (see question number 68). For example, a team over the cap can trade a second round draft pick to another team in exchange for a minimum-salary player, even a 10-year veteran earning over $1 million. To qualify, the player can be signed for no more than two seasons, can be paid no more than the then-minimum salary in any season, and can have no unlikely bonuses.

It cuts salary or they can keep a fourth guard if they want one, plus to your fans it looks like you got cash, a player, and a TPE for one guy

It doesn't cut salary. If you waive a player, you still have to pay their salary. They would've essentially taken on an additional 1m in salary for no reason at all. And while you can trade a vet. minimum player whenever you want, you can't combine it with a TPE to get a bigger salary slot, making that trade useless to both teams. GS would basically have to want Watson on Orlando for that to work, since they get a TPE and a 1m player salary that they would have no use for, when they could just take the TPE and be done with it. Taking on Richardson in this case would be a gigantic negative.

true however maybe they want a backup 4th guy sitting on the bench.

See GS doent make sense (This is general discussion not in response to you DOM)

1. They have to pay him Regardless because they gave him a Qualifying Offer

2. He wouldnt have much trade value later because of his small contract except as a throw in bonus later if they made a trade

3. If they match a 2 million contract that basically is a 4 million contract for a backups backups contract. And ppl are giving us grief for a 5.8mil backup to howard. (true basically 10 mil)

4. If the do match then he becomes a BYC for a while so still no good in trying to shed salary.

5. They just need to go ahead a give Acie Law the minutes because they could probably get good value for him if he plays more minutes (i.e. Redick) Plus Acie has TO next year so basically its an expiring.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

If Otis thinks that Watson is so much better then AJ then maybe he should trade AJ for him.

If Otis thinks that Lebron is so much better than Richardson then maybe he should trade Richardson for him. Since he doesn't seem to be making that move, then he seems to be supporting Richardson.

DOM you are stupid meanie

jerk face you need a lesson in manners thats FIRST.

B. I think you need to go look back at your stats and see that J was the starting SG for the Magic for over 2 years before he lost his job.

If J was so much worse then that then Barnes would have bee signed so I think Otis knows more then you do but I am sure too.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

If Otis thinks that Lebron is so much better than Richardson then maybe he should trade Richardson for him. Since he doesn't seem to be making that move, then he seems to be supporting Richardson.

The logic is killing me!

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

DOM you are stupid meanie

jerk face you need a lesson in manners thats FIRST.

B. I think you need to go look back at your stats and see that J was the starting SG for the Magic for over 2 years before he lost his job.

If J was so much worse then that then Barnes would have bee signed so I think Otis knows more then you do but I am sure too.

Dude i cant even follow that who is j? and where or when was he the starting SG for 2 years? Aj at Indiana?

quote:

quote:

L

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:

L

O