Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Ya'll sure we're looking for a wing? Vince says...(link)

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

We need another wing off the bench. Pietrus is the only one. We need a PG too, but there's more value with guys like Barnes and Wafer in FA.

I would love Barnes but I actually think if given the chance, Powell can contribue in a similar way. I like him more than Richardson, and he has a bit of NBA experience. Also, There won't be many minutes available and I think JJ earned some with his play in the playoffs.

The remaining 1.7 of our MLE would prob be better used on an upgrade to AJ, bc he is really a 3rd PG at this point in his career.

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Stickle:

I guess Powell and Richardson will battle in camp for the final wing.

I think Maurice Ager will be apart of that battle too.

Jeremy Pargo looked pretty good yesterday against Stephen Curry. Ewing had him playing out of position at SG last week. I wouldn't be surprise if he was invited to the Pistons training camp.

Sean Singletary, Royal Ivey or Quincey Douby would be a solid 3rd PG, who probably could push Johnson for his backup job.

so as far as UFA PG's go

Anthony Carter

Jason Hart

Royal Ivey

Bobby Jackson

Damon Jones

Brevin Knight

Tyronn Lue

Stephon Marbury

Andre Miller

Kevin Ollie

Chris Quinn

Jacque Vaughn

Mike Wilks

not really a great list at all...especially when Chris Quinn looks like the best player on the list outside of Miller, but we know Miller aint walking through that door...there are a few more guys that are out there like the Sean Singletary's and so on...

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Stickle:

I guess Powell and Richardson will battle in camp for the final wing.

I think Maurice Ager will be apart of that battle too.

Maurice Ager is not a pass first point guard, he has the talent to score, I haven't kept up with Powell and Richardson, but if either of them have any ability to pass, I would take them over Mo Ager.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

We need another wing off the bench. Pietrus is the only one. We need a PG too, but there's more value with guys like Barnes and Wafer in FA.

Did you forget JJ or purposely not mention his name?

Option 1. CJ Watson RFA

2. Ronnie Price

3. Royal Ivey UFA

4. Russell Robinson SL

Whoops just saw Price resigned with Jazz

quote:
Originally posted by Bun B:

Lets go get CJ Watson. Warriors are kind of deep at that position so maybe they will let him go. I hope we go young.

you are crazy if you think they wouldnt match an offer starting at 1.8M/year... have you looked at his stats in games when he got mins? we are talking about a 24 year old pg who went 38/9/7 and 20/12/7 in 2 of the last 3 games

no chance, wed have to trade redick for him or something like that... not that id be against that (though i dont know why theyd want redick), but theres no way we sign him outright

i could see us signing ronnie price, if its not someone like that it will have to be a trade or SL player

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

VC: I think they already have an idea of what they wanted to add to strengthen our team. I'm just ready for October. I know they want another point guard. So that's what it is.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.c...ona-beach-giddy.html

once we picked up vince i thought we were good to go at the wing. from a realistic standpoint our two areas of need before the gortat matching was 1)backup pg, and 2)backup C.

the match took care of one of those. another PG would be nice, russell robinson might get the nod, he is fast. but, i would like a vet 3rd string pg in case jameer goes down that way we can have a starter...that may be wishful thinking given the money we have left. maybe redick could spot some minutes at pg, he proved during the playoffs he deserves minutes...he might just be the best passer on the team now that turk is gone. i'm sure jameer will have something to say about that though...

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

so as far as UFA PG's go

Anthony Carter

Travis Diener

Jason Hart

Royal Ivey

Bobby Jackson

Damon Jones

Brevin Knight

Tyronn Lue

Stephon Marbury

Andre Miller

Kevin Ollie

Chris Quinn

Jacque Vaughn

Mike Wilks

not really a great list at all...especially when Chris Quinn looks like the best player on the list outside of Miller, but we know Miller aint walking through that door...there are a few more guys that are out there like the Sean Singletary's and so on...

rtillaree...thought I should tell you...Stan Van Gundy absolutely loves Chris Quinn!!...He tried to get him last summer but things didn't shake out.

What's his contract status???...Think we could get him???...He 'd be an excellent back-up, imo...

quote:
Originally posted by Bun B:

Option 1. CJ Watson RFA

2. Ronnie Price UFA

3. Royal Ivey UFA

4. Russell Robinson SL

The Jazz just resign Price today.